Recipe Cookbook Thread

Most of the recipes I’ve seen on this site have been for Grow! shakes or cookie/bars. But I’ve seen some good meals too. Problem is I can’t remember where they are because most of 'em are in random threads. How bout a continuous thread in the same vein as the Grow! Shakes? Maybe we can list whether its a P/C or a P/F meal or a 40/30/30 or whatnot. I’ll start it off:

Protein/Fat
Turkey Breast Patties / Sausage Breakfast

2-4 packages(1.25lbs.per package)of 7% fat Turkey Breast

Mix 2 packages raw Turkey with about 3 cups of raw chopped broccoli, and 1/2 to 1 can of black olives to preference. Add chili paste and/or red pepper to preference. Dice olives in meat with knife while stirring chili paste into meat. Press into patties (I make 8 patties / about 5oz. each) and grill. Mmmmnnn.

Sometimes I chop the patties and add to eggs. Tastes just like sausage and eggs, its great. Good P/F meal.

5oz. patty=
@

185 kcal
9g fat
28g pro

Made another chicken dish tonight that rocked. I measured with my eyes, so I’ll try to make this as precise as I can:

Chicken dish:

• 24 oz o chicken breast (~3 large breasts)
  • 4 medium roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped*
  • 1 cup water w/ chicken boulion
  • 5 leaves of fresh basil
  • 2 small squash coarsely chopped
  • half an onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic crushed
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • extra virgin olive oil

Steamed broccoli:

• Three medium broccoli florets
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • zest of half lemon
  • to peel tomatoes, score an ‘x’ on one end and dip into boiling water for only a couple of seconds - the skin should come right off.

Chicken prep:

Lightly coat chicken breast w/ olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and pound w/ a meat mallet or heavy, flat object until an even 1/2" thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Heat skillet on high, sear outside of chicken breasts and remove from heat. Reserve for later in a covered container.

In the same skillet, add onions, garlic, chopped squash and tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to help sweat the veggies. Cook until onions are translucent and squash is tender.

Add water w/ boulion. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered on low heat until reduced to half its original volume, about 30 min.

Add chicken breasts back to simmering sauce and heat through. Toss in hand-torn basil and serve.

Broccoli:

In a tall stock pot, bring water to a boil for steaming. Reserve a large bowl of ice water w/ a collande on top.

Steam broccoli florets over boiling water for ~3 minutes or until al dente w. half of the lemon zest. Shock the florets in ice water and drain thoroughly (the collander will help keep the florets separate from the ice cubes). Toss with olive oil (just enough to coat the florets), salt and pepper to taste and remaining lemon zest. Serve

Heres another P/F meal, just another twist on eggs.

1 cup diced red + green peppers
1 cup egg whites
2-4 omega-3 eggs
1 oz of cheeese, shredded (I personally like cheddar, but pretty much anything works)
1 oz chopped canadian bacon
1/2-1 Tbsp olive oil
salt+pepper to taste

Nuke the peppers for about 1 minute, throw canadian bacon on the frying pan, cook @ medium heat until golden brown, then add peppers, sautee to desired softness. Crack in eggs+pour in egg whites, add s+p, then sprinkle cheese.

Unless you have a frying pan big enough you probably wont be able to make on omlette, this recipie works well scrambled though, and its a good way to get in some fats with a very high dosage of protein.