T Nation

Recession!

I see the word everywhere. I hear it being mentioned by news anchors, money managers, pundits – even the guy who made me a sandwich today. And yet…as I understand it, we’re not in a recession. As I understand it, a recession involves the RECEDING of the economy – not a stagnant period, not slow growth, but actual measurably negative growth. In fact, the economic definition of a ‘recession’ requires 2 consecutive quarters of negative economic growth.

Which gets me thinking…Why is it that we love to think the sky is falling?

Bad news sells papers. News that things are mediocre does not rile up the masses.

When one monkey calls the warning signal everybody reacts.

We’re waiting for the result we know must come. We know that you can’t run up deficit after deficit forever. We know that the country that polices the world drains itself while others benefit from the order provided by the country being drained.

The worst part is that we know that the era of personal liberty and privacy is coming to an end.

We know that every century in the modern world has at least one great and massive depression, and given the tendency of governments to quickly shed the right of citizens, that that next depression will be the end of the world as we knew it. North Korea is our future.

A new Dark Ages is descending upon humanity and most everyone, at least instinctively, knows it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We’re waiting for the result we know must come. We know that you can’t run up deficit after deficit forever. We know that the country that polices the world drains itself while others benefit from the order provided by the country being drained.

The worst part is that we know that the era of personal liberty and privacy is coming to an end.

We know that every century in the modern world has at least one great and massive depression, and given the tendency of governments to quickly shed the right of citizens, that that next depression will be the end of the world as we knew it. North Korea is our future.

A new Dark Ages is descending upon humanity and most everyone, at least instinctively, knows it.[/quote]

You’re a real ray of sunshine.

There is a ray of sunshine in there though.

Kurt Godel, a famous mathematician, basically proved that no system in mathematics can be consistent. Essentially, nothing based on postulates can be complete.

He liked to extend this notion and was telling the judge at his swearing in to be a citizen that our Constitution (our postulates) contained just such a flaw.

Anyway, to get to the skinny: no system lasts forever. Even the Soviet Union fell to pieces. The Hell on Earth that’s coming will collapse too! However, we may not live long enough to see it…ah, well…

;D

We were in a recession during the 2000 election, yet most people didn’t even know. Now again in an election year, most people think we are in a recession, yet we are not.

This is media driven, and the purpose is to get a certain politician into office. Just like in 2000 the purpose was to keep a certain party in office.

Here is an idea, quit letting others do your thinking for you.

Do you know how often I hear people talking, and all they are saying are quotes of sound bites? Not a single original thought in their head.

This is how people can be so fooled by all the BS out there.

Just try to talk to anyone about steeroids, or that poisonous eefadreedin stuff.