T Nation

Recess at CrossFit

I think there is everything but the Stanky Leg.

What the hell? Is that Rockapella covering Sublime?

Does this kid ride the short/gay bus? He moves very flamboyantly and has that “I’m special” quality to a lot of his motions :confused:

I’ve always wondered how CrossFit workouts were supposed to build strength when most “workouts” seem to consist of flailing around with dumbbells and rings using terrible form. I now see that I was wondering too hard and that this shit isn’t worth an analysis.

Whatever happened to floating the river or riding bikes…ahh, times have changed.

Crossfit Slop.

I’m not sure what’s more annoying, the background music or watching this kid “exercise”.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Does this kid ride the short/gay bus? He moves very flamboyantly and has that “I’m special” quality to a lot of his motions :/[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha I was thinking this, too.

Those “air squats”? Gay.

crossfit poor form, make you feel like you are achieving something when you are probably just going to hurt yourself
sweet!

I think a better bottom line is that at least the kid is doing something physical and active! Whether it be crossfit or playing soccor or another sport.

As opposed to sitting on his A$$ in front of a PS3 or Xbox shoving fucking candy in his pie hole!

At least no bosu ball was involved.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
I think a better bottom line is that at least the kid is doing something physical and active! Whether it be crossfit or playing soccor or another sport.

As opposed to sitting on his A$$ in front of a PS3 or Xbox shoving fucking candy in his pie hole![/quote]

^^^ This + Bingo + Amen ^^^

Form or no form, or whether the kid is doing shit that directly translate into X or Y sport and turn him into a l33t athlete, that’s besides the point. To over analyze whether the kid is doing ‘the correct whatever’ instead of appreciating that he’s doing something, that’s just projecting very lame weak shit.

As for the people making jokes on the kid moving ‘like teh ghey’, for fucks sake, he’s just a kid.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
I think a better bottom line is that at least the kid is doing something physical and active! Whether it be crossfit or playing soccor or another sport.

As opposed to sitting on his A$$ in front of a PS3 or Xbox shoving fucking candy in his pie hole![/quote]

True…I was just cringing a little when he was lifting that sandbag terribly rounding his lower back. Given he’s still young. His muscles are barely developing.

even though I’m not too much of a crossfit fan, I like to see little kids work, not being little fatties

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
even though I’m not too much of a crossfit fan, I like to see little kids work, not being little fatties [/quote]

x2

I’d rather have this guy as a fellow American then most of the kids who are so fat they can’t even walk up the stairs without getting winded.

[quote]MROCK wrote:
crossfit poor form, make you feel like you are achieving something when you are probably just going to hurt yourself
sweet![/quote]

Holy fuck!

B Rock’s got a brother!

it’s nice to see a kid being active, but they should have spent more time teaching him proper form-a month of learning or two won’t turn him into a fatty. those ring rows looked painful the way he dropped back into them, and the push presses were…erratic. it’s good to teach kids basic stuff while young, but kids are also more likely to get injuries while younger IMO

I hate the kid’s name though…Coulter. Even if I don’t think of Ann Coulter it’s still just a future douche bag name.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
What the hell? Is that Rockapella covering Sublime?[/quote]

I pretty sure its not rockapella. I came across this song a couple of years ago and I think its 311 doin a tribute.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
What the hell? Is that Rockapella covering Sublime?

I pretty sure its not rockapella. I came across this song a couple of years ago and I think its 311 doin a tribute.

[/quote]

Correction: I looked it up and its a band called “the academical village people”. AVPmusic.com pretty cool stuff.