Recent Progress Shots/Vids

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Great numbers and great physique.

How much do you weight currently?

And what is your plan to get to 242?[/quote]

I weigh 228-231 depending on the time of day.

I’m not a natural athlete and I’m not running much now. I’ll put on 10lbs just by adding my “supplements”. I’ve been 248-252 before.

Heavy weights, dead animals, and a pinch of gear. lol

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I weigh 228-231 depending on the time of day.

I’m not a natural athlete and I’m not running much now. I’ll put on 10lbs just by adding my “supplements”. I’ve been 248-252 before.

[/quote]

Well, I don’t have any experience with gear, but I sure love heavy weights and dead animals.

You’re definitely gifted in the Delts department. Great job.

You’re around where I want to be by next April-May, around how much supplements were you taking when you first got there and do you need less to maintain that size?

[/quote]

I apologize if I missed it but what is your height? At your age, I can not imagine what you are going to look like in five years. You have so much time to improve and for someone who is ahead of the curve; that’s going to be devastating.

BTW, Dead animals? I can help with that!

You look great. Dense back and awesome delts. Very strong too. Good luck at your Sep meet.

I have a lot of work to do, Im 240…but definitely not that lean and not that strong either. Great inspiration as I start to work on leaning out.

Hey guys I’ve started keeping a log in the powerlifting forum as I prep for my next meet. Having said that, I’m a bodybuilder too…so I’m constantly trying to grow as a bodybuilder while pursuing strength goals. Here is a couple updated shots. I’ve really been focusing on bringing up my posterior for bodybuilding. I feel like my posterior everything lacks in comparison to my front but that I’m making ground. Not sure when the next show is…but I’m heading in the right direction.

Week 5 of 500mg test alone for what it’s worth.

315x5 raw bench

545x3 raw squat

605x4 raw deadlift (straps and doh)

GOALS: 650+ squat, 400+ bench, 750+ deadlift…hoping to crack an 1800lb raw total in the 242lb class in september.

Keep packing on muscle for bodybuilding with an emphasis of bringing up my posterior muscles.[/quote]
awsome result man , are u doing machine too or just free weight ?
i just bought my home gym with everything but free weight and your result exactly what i want ?

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[/quote]

I apologize if I missed it but what is your height? At your age, I can not imagine what you are going to look like in five years. You have so much time to improve and for someone who is ahead of the curve; that’s going to be devastating.

[/quote]

I’m 6’ man. Dead animals…do you hunt? I come from a family that hunts pretty frequently. I opened two supplement stores this past year and haven’t had time to go but I’m looking forward to this years dove season already.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m 6’ man. Dead animals…do you hunt? I come from a family that hunts pretty frequently. I opened two supplement stores this past year and haven’t had time to go but I’m looking forward to this years dove season already.

[quote]light_night wrote:
i just bought my home gym with everything but free weight and your result exactly what i want ?
[/quote]

I mostly use free weights…any machines that I use are usually plate loaded like the Hammer Strength machines etc.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6’ , you gotta be intimidating to the other guys in the gym. As for hunting; that bow in my avatar ain’t no prop! When the rut is on in Pa., you won’t find me anywhere near the gym.

[/quote]

I mostly use free weights…any machines that I use are usually plate loaded like the Hammer Strength machines etc.
[/quote]
do u think u could get same result from only free weight and only machine like : leg extension/curl and low/height pulley (that what i have) ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6’ , you gotta be intimidating to the other guys in the gym. As for hunting; that bow in my avatar ain’t no prop! When the rut is on in Pa., you won’t find me anywhere near the gym.
[/quote]

haha I’m a gentle giant :wink: plus I advertise for my stores when I’m in the gym so I’m friendly to everybody lol

That’s awesome man. Our bow season is shitty in my area but we still go. Especially my dad. He got a small fork a couple years ago…but in my hometown maybe 2-3 bucks get taken by a bow each year so it’s a trophy regardless lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha I’m a gentle giant :wink: plus I advertise for my stores when I’m in the gym so I’m friendly to everybody lol

That’s awesome man. Our bow season is shitty in my area but we still go. Especially my dad. He got a small fork a couple years ago…but in my hometown maybe 2-3 bucks get taken by a bow each year so it’s a trophy regardless lol

[/quote]

[/quote]
do u think u could get same result from only free weight and only machine like : leg extension/curl and low/height pulley (that what i have) ?[/quote]

Machine work is cool and serves a purpose but you won’t get the results you are looking for without free weights and heavy compound movements.

590x1 Squat

700x1 Strapped DOH deadlift

I went for doubles on both but failed :frowning:

I went for a widowmaker set on squat with 405. On rep 14 I tweaked my adductor/groin area. Hoping to be healed in time for the meet. :confused:

234lbs am weight pre uspa powerlifting meet on september 14.

what kind of diet do you use, or have you used for pre contest? you strike me as a guy who can eat lots of carbs and get shredded easier than most

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
what kind of diet do you use, or have you used for pre contest? you strike me as a guy who can eat lots of carbs and get shredded easier than most[/quote]

Definitely man. I’m a “hardgainer” skinny kid at heart. It’s easy to get lean and hard to grow.

In my off season I will eat high carb/fat meals like burgers, pizza, etc to get the calories in to grow. Honestly, I struggle to eat enough so I don’t worry too much about macros in the off season. When I’m pre contest I follow a lot of the MDD principles with a carb cycle diet. If it’s still here I know CT wrote a carb cycle article years ago and that’s all I’ve done for my pre contest diets ever since. That’s what works best for me.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
what kind of diet do you use, or have you used for pre contest? you strike me as a guy who can eat lots of carbs and get shredded easier than most[/quote]

Definitely man. I’m a “hardgainer” skinny kid at heart. It’s easy to get lean and hard to grow.

In my off season I will eat high carb/fat meals like burgers, pizza, etc to get the calories in to grow. Honestly, I struggle to eat enough so I don’t worry too much about macros in the off season. When I’m pre contest I follow a lot of the MDD principles with a carb cycle diet. If it’s still here I know CT wrote a carb cycle article years ago and that’s all I’ve done for my pre contest diets ever since. That’s what works best for me.
[/quote]

Any idea on calories offseason. Ball parked?