T Nation

Received My GAKIC Sample

I ordered a free sample of GAKIC and was supposed to get it in september, but instead it came in the mail today.

They gave me 1 serving size (8 HUGE pills) which took me a couple mins to get down, honestly no matter how good the stuff works i would not consider buying it, since i cannot imagine taking those everyday. I just took them a few minutes ago and will post my impressions with this supplement in probably 2 hours or so after i am done working out..

But....."IT'S THE MOST REVOLUTIONARY THING IN BODYBUILDING SINCE FREE WEIGHTS!"...I just saw an add for this stuff earlier today. It was being pushed by a real Medical Doctor (mentioned at least three times) so it must be the real deal.

i love when a supplement company gets an MD to promote one of their products. No offense to the knowledgeable ones that don't have their heads in the sand, but every MD i've ever had the "pleasure" of dealing with is about 20 years behind in the areas of supplements, nutrition, and training.

what the hell kind of name is "GAKIC" anyway? it sounds like the sound i make when i try to force down egg whites...

Why waste time when so many are in opposition? Are the ads in the magazines really that appealing?

Just because they get some guy to put on a white jacket and look like a doctor doesn't mean he is one.Also,even if they were MDs,doesn't mean they're not greedy and wouldn't want money.

I got a free sample too but I got it awhile ago because I work at GNC. I didnt feel stronger and I didnt feel like I had anymore energy but my muscles did NOT fatigue nearly as fast as they would if I hadnt used it. I wasnt tired at the end of my workout and I sure as hell wasnt sore the next day either. I would'nt spend the money they are asking for on the product but it did do some good stuff.

I got the sample stuck to my fridge. I was wondering, is this something you would even be able to feel the effects of after just ONE use? I guess you would maybe feel or notice something, but I would think it would be more of a repeated use would grant better results type of deal. That is, if it was a good product. Which it probably isn't.

I agree with the above. I mean sure this has a 99% chance of being another junk product but what the hell is one dose going to do. How can you expect to give a good review let alone anywhere near complete.

I mean that would be like taking HOT-ROX one time and saying it sucked you didnt lose weight. Or for that matter taking one damn injectoion of Test. and saying steoids are not effective.

Not trying to talk up this Hyped gaykic junk in anyway just that the review on one sinlge sevring sample of just about anything supplement wise is not worth SH*T.

And compounding the problem is the forum we're at. It is like to to a Musceltech or EAS forum and telling them about how one serving or a Biotest supplement didn't work miracles (as they all do - which is inherent in the nature of marketing however).

I'm beginning to understand Tim's reasoning behind free samples(other than Spike which you CAN feel working after the first does, so I guess if it's a stimulant I'll give it a shot). Nothing is going to happen(other than a placebo effect) after a SINGLE dose of anything. That's like being 100% on your diet for one day and expecting to be huge the next day.

This mostly just for entertainment purposes, but I requested a sample of a protein powder made by a company that will go unnamed coungshawnphillipscough. I got the sample, along with 10 pages of propaganda about how some mrp is going to make me feel energized and on top of my game, blah, blah, blah, and one more thing, it's was supposed to taste good. Well, I examined the ingredients, found the protein blend to be nothing short of whey isolates and concentrates(this stuff is supposedly a meal replacement with no casein?), and on top of it all, it tasted like shit. It was worse that myoplex lite(which is about the grossest stuff you can buy). The letter said to send an email with some feedback, and I did. I calmly, politely, and intelligently told them their product sucked ass and balls.

A few weeks go buy and I get an email back chock full of so called real life testimonials of people saying that after drinking this magic protein powder that tasted like the sweet nectar of the gods, that they felt better than they have ever felt before, they felt stronger, they put 30lbs on their leg press(giggle), it made their penis bigger, it made their wife pretty, it cured cancer, and various other things that couldn't possibly be fabricated marketing lies, I mean be made up. I seriously thought of calling the company and screaming:"IT'S JUST PROTEIN POWDER!!!!!!". But after about .00000001 seconds I came to the conclusion that it wouldn't matter.

Thank god for Biotest.

I would agree with you Phill, but if the marketing says "10.5% increase in strength immediately" then I expect to feel something on day one.

And in regard to the HOT-ROX - if I am engerized and alert more than I would be without, then that would be a good indication that it works.

I love it! 2 pages of pseudo-scientific babble about how great it works, complete with graphs and a dosage calculator (I think that's what that was), and I still have no freakin' idea what it is! Oh, I can't wait to get me some!

todd gak was a charachter on seinfeld. that was a good episode w/ george and the calzones and kramer w/ the hot clothes.

another interesting find while googling around w/ "gak" : http://web.mit.edu/hudson/www/packing.html

Yes, i think the word GAKIC derives from the ancient Greek word GAK, which means a strap-on dildo

I made a post about gakic a little while back.It went from 65- over 75 bucks! For a shitty supplement!! I stick to Biotest. Many of you guys told me about Biotest and thats how I got on their supplements(thankyou).I think their stuff is the best,....so far.

Hahaha! Lmao. I was just drinking water and almost choked when I saw that!Good one !

[quote]playmaker08 wrote:

swivel wrote:
todd gak was a charachter on seinfeld. that was a good episode w/ george and the calzones and kramer w/ the hot clothes.

another interesting find while googling around w/ "gak" : http://web.mit.edu/hudson/www/packing.html

Yes, i think the word GAKIC derives from the ancient Greek word GAK, which means a strap-on dildo[/quote]