Rebirth of the Juggernaut: Brute Force and Ignorance (Part 1)

Damn, still addled. Corrected. Makes sense when you watch the video.

1 Like

Just busting your balls man. Your usually a very good wordsmith so figured it was a little hiccup :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am notorious for having my brain outrun my fingers. Thoughts get jumbled a lot.

1 Like

You can literally see the bicep pump occur throughout the 100 reps. Bet if you measured before an after you gained a solid inch lol. Whatā€™s the weight of the bar your using there? Looks like an axle but wasnā€™t sure from the video.

Iā€™ll have to do the measurement sometime, haha. Thatā€™s a 15kg Ironmind Apollonā€™s Axle. Burns up the forearms pretty good too along with the biceps. Resting in the down position with it really fries the grip.

2 Likes

PM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squat (rest pause: 12 deep breaths between sets)
8x370
4x370
2x370
1x370
8x280
4x280
2x280
1x280
8x230

Notes: Deload workout, which meant I called it at 8x230 despite having a good bit in me. Had to fight the temptation to break out the prowler as well. That last deadlift workout was enough that I NEED to actually heal a little. Bar keeps feeling lighter by the week. 370 actually felt lighter than the 320lb warm up set I did before, and when I unracked 230 at the end, it pretty much flew off the rack. Rediscovering my squat strength.

7 Likes

Quick question: I know youā€™ve mentioned it before but memory escapes me. Whatā€™s the reason you use chains on your deadlifts?

@dagill2 Itā€™s really more the mat pull where the chains shine, rather than the deadlift. Itā€™s where they really tend to shine. Since chains get heavier the higher off the floor you get, having them on the mat pull makes it that the changes in ROM tend to balance out. At the start of the cycle, the bar is going to be at itā€™s heaviest, since more links of chain are off the floor. As the ROM increases, starting weight decreases, which makes the increases in ROM less dramatic and allows for a great possibility of keeping reps through the cycle.

This last floor pull I stripped them off, just because 495 is one of my common markers for progress, but for the rest of cycle Iā€™ll probably keep them on, just to get out of my own head.

PM WORKOUT

Treadmill run w/21lb weight vest
Incline: 1.0
Speed: 6.8
Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 13:15 (8:50 mile)

Notes: Getting easier on these. Still miserable, but conditioning is geting much better. Not looking at the clock nearly as early as before.

3 Likes

AM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 291
2x10
1x7

Axle close grip bench press 241
3x10

Swiss bar incline bench 205
2x10
1x8

Dips
3xFailure

Standing ab wheel between sets (7x3, 1x2)

Notes: 3:45 between benching, 2:00 between dips. Biceps are killing me from the Poundstone curls, and really felt it on the incline benching. Kept hitting the j-hooks on the flat bench. Still a good sign of growth through it all.

Woke up at 196.0. Happy with that considering the weekend I had.

4 Likes

Caught your program breakdown in your blog, some good info there. Thanks for sharing man.

1 Like

No problem dude: glad you got something out of it.

Jesus man. When I donā€™t check in here for a while I always come back in awe of just how brutal your workouts areā€¦ complete insanity man, makes me feel like chump lol. A weird kind of inspiration. Keep it up man!

2 Likes

How many Rockstar drinks did you have, you party animal?

@strongmanbrett Much appreciated dude. Just stuff that builds up over time.

@liftangryordie500 1 per day, but in my case, Iā€™m talking about 2 cheat meals in the same day, haha.

1 Like

Youā€™re a fucking animal man, calm down before you get someone killed.

2 Likes

@theonecamko I refute none of that.

But also, while I have you, I want to commend you on your saint-like patience on other spots here.

2 Likes

Appreciate it, took years of training and practicing dudeism.

3 Likes

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squat-box jump-reverse hyper)

Buffalo bar squats
10xBar
10x140
10x230
10x320
10x360 (20lb PR from previous cycle)
10x320

Box jumps
6x5

Reverse hyper 290
6x8

Power cleans sets of 5 EMOM
5 minutes w/165lbs

Notes: 3:45 between giant sets. I think I might actually try slowly reducing rest times now that Iā€™ve done enough cycles to come full circle to sets of 10. However, itā€™s good to see this method paying off. It feels very sustainable. Was having some slight GI issues as I downed a bunch of junior mints before training vs my normal pre-training meal, which forced me to slow down a little toward the end and cut the cleans shorter than I woulda liked. First rep of cleans was total zombie mode. Deadlift and a reverse grip clean. Got better after that.

Woke up at 196.0. This workout is actually for Wed morning, but Iā€™ve been without internet.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a bit tired this morning and read this as Arm workout !! My immediate thought was fk pwnisher is doing bodybuilding now!!

3 Likes

@simo74 I DID indulge a little with the Kroc 16 week detailed bodybuilding program back when I first blew out my knee, and DoggCrapp well before that, but itā€™s never held my interest for long.

PM WORKOUT

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x146
5x166
11x191
13x166

Superset w/20 band pull aparts between sets

GIANT SETS (press-dips-DB lateral raise)

Axle strict press 133lbs
3x10
2x8

Dips
5xFailure

DB lateral raises
3x10x25lbs
2x10x20

DB curls (no rest between sets)
8x10lbs
8x15
8x10
8x20
8x10
8x25
8x10
8x30
8x10
8x35
8x10
2x40

Notes: 3:45 between heavy sets of pressing, 2:00 between giant sets. Hit my primary goal for the set of 191 by getting 11, and then exceeding my goal with 13 on the SSL.
Curls were just another idea I had to keep weight light. Good session.

Woke up at 194.6. Massive cheat meal of a very decadent cheeseburger (1/3lb patty, 3 strips of bacon, fried egg, served in between a grilled cheese sandwich), order of onion rings and order of fries. Havenā€™t had a burger and fries in a LONG time: it was amazing.

8 Likes