Rebirth of the Juggernaut: Brute Force and Ignorance (Part 1)

Will do, thanks crazy one.

1 Like

Pre-corrective vision surgery training

PM WORKOUT

5 minutes jump rope
100 walking lunges (100 per leg)
5 minutes jump rope
50 walking lunges
5 minutes jump rope
25 walking lunges

Notes: Few minutes of rest between exercises. Iā€™m meeting with my surgeon tomorrow to get my pre-surgical brief, and then surgery the next day. Iā€™m sure activity is going to be restricted, so I wanted to do something intense to have something to recovery from. Iā€™ve also been training the upper body every morning with bands. Finding all sorts of ways to make training happen with restrictions. I tend to function better in these environments.

No weigh in. Iā€™m definitely dropping some weight on this trip. Traveling is always a good opportunity for that.

7 Likes

Good luck with the surgery brother.

1 Like

Yeah good luck man :slight_smile:
started you blog btwā€¦ Awesome. Great writing.

1 Like

@oldbeancam Thanks dude. Looks like everything has gone well so far.

@mortdk Awesome dude! Good to have you as a reader.

PM WORKOUT

1013 push ups

20 push ups, every minute, on the minute, maxout on minute 50.

Notes: Return to an old deload week classic here. Iā€™m in Denver CO, so elevation is higher. This was the easiest this workout has been, only feeling fatigue on the final 2 sets. Good to see the conditioning holding out.

Post surgery results are good so far. Iā€™ve been corrected to 20/15 vision, so even better than 20/20. No pain or discomfort.

10 Likes

Insane push-up tolerance.

1 Like

Stealing this. And modifying it heavily for mortals

1 Like

Yeah, I canā€™t do back to back sets of 20 on 30-40 sec rest.

@liftangryordie500 Itā€™s something I built up when I was about your age in all honesty. Was always big on a daily set of push ups. Wanted to eventually get to handstand push ups, since I watched a lot of DBZ. Never had the balance.

@dagill2 and @Frank_C steal away. I forgot where I stole it from. I got the idea of 1000 push ups itself from ā€œLiving with a SEALā€, but that was done over the course of a day. Helps to really hammer them out fast. I was averaging 14 second a set through the process, so 46 seconds of rest. Yeah, it pisses off the online community when you do fast push ups, but when youā€™re going for 1000, you can have some slop, haha.

6 Likes

Is that a relevant factor in getting bigger and stronger?

1 Like

I had a nice guffaw reading your most recent blog post when you mention something along the lines of ā€œI donā€™t microwave fish at the office because thatā€™d make me an assholeā€. Some people are just so unaware of what theyā€™re doing to others haha.

2 Likes

@dagill2 You could probably build a pretty effective program by doing everything the internet says NOT to do, haha.

@mr.v3lv3t Glad you enjoyed it. The general inconsideration of humanity is one of the driving factors of my misanthropy.

LATE AM WORKOUT

Power clean/chin conditioning circuit

168lb clean for 1, then pull up for 10, then clean for 2, pull up for 9, etc. Minimal rest. Made it to on the cleans before I tapped out

Axle curl 88lbs
5x10

Superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: 4:00 between curls. That clean/chin workout was a total lung breaker. I think I have it in me when Iā€™m not worrying about my eyes. Still sticking with the docā€™s orders and not going heavy, which just means doing stupid stuff like this.

Woke up at 197.4. Going to keep riding this fat loss. Iā€™m at that awesome stage in losing fat where I look smaller but I also look fatter because my glycogen stores are shot, so thatā€™s cool.

6 Likes

I thought doing complex movements like cleans while fatigued was bad because internet

6 Likes

Trust me; it IS bad, haha.

1 Like

Donā€™t leave us in suspense man, what did you make it to ???

1 Like

It is but his form is trash while fresh!

:joy:

Just kidding, @T3hPwnisher!

You have to watch the video!

He made it to 8 cleans and 3 pull ups.

@simo74 Looks like the keyboard cut out on me there. Made it to 7 on the cleans. Lungs were broken at that point.

@Frank_C youā€™re not wrong, haha. Iā€™ve written about how one of the benefits of having awful technique is that itā€™s the same technique when youā€™re fatigued.

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SET

Axle strict press-dips-DB lateral raises

10x136-22-10x15lbs
10x141-16-10x15
10x146-13-10x15
10x141-13-10x15
10x136-13-10x15
13x106-12-10x15

Band pull aparts
1x100

Notes: 4:00 between sets. Still staying with the docā€™s orders. Got this idea from a Jon Andersen podcast. Was pretty effective, decent pump, but made sure not to strain.

Woke up at 198.0.

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna do this oneā€¦ looks like fun. I want to eventually be able to do 150 consecutive without pause.

Without pause will be quite a feat. Iā€™ve worked up to 400 before, but allowed myself to rest in the up position with 3 points of contact. Let me know how it pans out!

1 Like

Doing things at which youā€™re inefficient is also a great way to burn extra calories and shed fat. Win-win!

1 Like