Rebirth of the Juggernaut: Brute Force and Ignorance (Part 1)

4 am…that must of been a challenge to wake up for the training session

No challenge at all: I can’t sleep these days, haha. I force myself to stay in bed until 0400 and then I can’t take it anymore.

1 Like

Man, I wish I could enjoy almond based products still. I can sneak in a few roasted almonds here and there, but the butters and milks etc. are off the table. Annoying part is that I do t recall ever overdoing it with them.

Why can’t you sleep? :frowning:

@mr.v3lv3t I had to take about 3 years off to reset on them. You may be in a similar situation.

@Voxel if I knew I would sleep, haha. Been this way for a few months.

1 Like

Do you think it’s related to your weight loss? I know you’ve been taking it slow and steady, but perhaps it’s some kind of stress response from your body.

I genuinely don’t think about the cause at this point. Just something I deal with. The dogs in the bed is part of it though.

I’m no stranger to dietsomnia but usually I get to fall asleep but then wake up again shortly thereafter. It doesn’t sound like this mirrors your experience?

I get to sleep quickly and wake up every few hours.

That’s how dietsomnia manifests for me. And @BOTSLAYER, if I’m not mistaken?

1 Like

Anna, please take that discussion to your log. I do not want my log to be a location where your eating disorder is continued. It would weigh heavily on my conscience if I facilitated that.

2 Likes

Good point

PM WORKOUT

SUPERSETS (chin-press)

NG close grip chins
3x50
3x95
3x120
3x130
3x140
3x150

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
3x140
3x160
8+2+3x180 (rest pause)

Log clean and press away 140
1x15

GIANT SETS (dips/press or press/dips-RB lateral raise-pull aparts)

Weighted dips 100/DB press 50s
1x12/failure
2x11/failure

BtN press 120/dips
1x10/failure
2x8/failure

DB lateral raise 15s
6x13

Band pull aparts
6x13

Kroc rows 115 w/rest pause
23+5+4

Band pushdowns
1x21

CONDITIONING
Tabata boxing rounds on BAS

Notes: Rest pause on the press continues to be a solid challenge. Seems to be just what I needed. Cut out the ab wheel since I did it earlier.

The Kroc rows worked well enough. The long handle kept running into my supporting leg, but I was able to sort out technique on it. May end up using an incline bench next time.

Going on a date night. Mexican food and then walking on a pedestrian bridge, so bonus conditioning.

1 Like

Ditto. Fall asleep easy and nap often but wake up easy and hungry.

And as far as I can tell Tren has almost 0 effect on sleep out side of the night sweats. Not sure how relevant that is here :blush:

Not, but fascinating none the less. Craziest stuff I am taking is Alpha Male.

1 Like

I had something else to write to you about the topic of your sleep but given what you’ve written here I don’t know whether or not to post it. Your call. And if you want the info but not in your log let me know and I’ll find a way to write to you outside of here.

@Voxel Appreciate the offer but I’m good. It’s not a problem I’m interested in solving at the moment. I’ve already got a bunch of “irons in the fire” so to speak as far as lifestyle and health changes go that trying to manipulate even more variables is just going to overwhelm me. I got a long business trip coming up which will most likely give me a chance to get some better sleep since I’ll be away from the dogs.

AM (0400) WORKOUT

Tabata KB swings w/45lb KB

Rest pause NG chins (normal-wide-narrow)
32-9-9

Band pull aparts
1x30

GHR
1x31

20 minute walk w/45lb vest with dogs

Notes: Done over the course of an hour or so, with breaks for breakfast and general “easing in” to the day. The KB swings, chins and pull aparts were done first thing. I’m REALLY liking starting my day with the KB swings. Gets my heart rate up and body alive. Also good for me to keep drilling that hip hinge. Even if not always tabata, I may just make that a part of my life’s daily routine.

May get in a squat workout today. Otherwise, tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Actually, wanted to get this down as well: date night was awesome. Walking the pedestrian bridge was cool, beautiful sights, nice activity, but along with that I’m finding that, for the first time in a LONG time, I can really ENJOY eating. I’ve always had such a huge appetite that going out to eat was typically about just finding the biggest thing on the menu and eating all of it, and I was so task focused that I really wasn’t “present” for the experience. Having dieted for so long and so strict would make me thing I’d do the exact same thing, but twice now I’ve learned that I’ve developed the ability to SAVOR my meals now. We had an appetizer of southwestern style deviled eggs, which basically boiled down to 1.25 eggs for me (5 halves on the plate, split between the Mrs and I), and each bite was fantastic. My meal was 2 fish tacos (technically 1 tilapia and 1 shrimp), and each bite was flavorful and enjoyable, with a side of rice and black beans, and then we split a piece of puff-pastry cheesecake. There were larger menu items I could have eaten, red meat I could have partaken in, but I picked food that I thought would taste good and be enjoyable and I had a great night out as a result of it.

Just kinda interesting the way things develop.

3 Likes

Man, packing for a trip in my 30s is way different than it was in my 20s…

4 Likes

Drilling motions, prioritising health, enjoying food?? It really is interesting how things develop.

1 Like

@FlatsFarmer The rebirth continues, haha.

That kid I loaned 355lbs of plates to returned them today. He finally has enough to train on his own. If ever there was a better omen that now is the time to push training hard and hit big lifts, I have not seen it.

Did that gripper burnout workout again. Really like that for short on time stuff.

6 Likes