Rebirth of the Juggernaut: Brute Force and Ignorance (Part 1)

@ChongLordUno Definitely sounds like a gut check. Always good to have those.

@cyclonengineer I chose a different 4 letter word when it was done…haha.

@atlas13 Thanks dude! And glad it got a laugh. Definitely riding the testosterone high.

@rroo Strongman comp. Events are viking press, car deadlift, axle squat and hussfel stone carry. All reps on the static events: no stupid maxing. I’ve never done a viking press either, so I can cross it off the strongman bucket list. No events I dislike, which is rare these days.

@raven78 Thanks dude. I’m eating pretty much like how I detailed here

Still keeping it clean, which has been a big victory for me.

@boilerman That’s the kinda drive I’m excited about, haha. This program is SO good about getting you to eat right, because you BARELY survive the workout and think “f**k, I gotta do MORE next time? I need to EAT”

@boyce79 Man, at this point, I go “first marathon” approach: just finish, haha.

@simo74 He’s honestly just a super fascinating dude. He’s easy to overlook because of all the bro science, but I think that speaks to just how important the mental game is here. Dude is just sheer willpower and brute force. Discovering him was just “freeing” for me: I found someone going about it EXACTLY like I was, and they had “arrived”.

PM WORKOUT (1600)

Buffalo Bar squat 295-chins-dips

Time: 5:38

Tang Soo Do class (1900)

Just learned the new form and some strikes and blocks. Having some ideological differences regarding stances and guard, but I’m here to learn. New belt looks nice on me.

PM WORKOUT II (2100)

100 kb swings w/40kg bell

Time: 2:30

Notes: That squat WOD is legit. I was huffing bad when it was over. TSD class was very easy, which is what I needed after that deadlift workout. Got in the swings just to get the hear rate up before work started.

I went through my log and found out I’m actually moving much more weight this round of Deep Water than last time. I was deadlifting 368lbs (playing around with pounds and kilos) and push pressing 155. Squats were like 290 something. I’d been beating myself up thinking that I was moving less this go round, since I dropped so much bodyweight, but it appears I’ve still grown significantly stronger. I’m “feeling” fatter just from always having a full gut, but still got the markers of a smaller waist size and the belt hole on my power belt. That said, I’m still looking to cut calories at the end of DW intermediate, just becaues my body needs a break. It’ll be 6 months of eating to gain at that point, and I’ve kept it clean the whole time, which presents its own challenges. I’m thinking just a 6 week re-adjustment and evaluate from there. I’ve been talking DoggCrapp, and that might still happen, but I may also get back to SVR II, as that’s served me well a ton of times. Either way, gotta get through these next 5 weeks first.

I AM thinking of doing a legit cheat meal before my next deadlift workout, just because this one completely annihilated me. Had the “deadlift hangover” afterwards, zombied my way around the house for an hour before settling in for my nap before my night shift. I think a carb bump would go far.

4 Likes