T Nation

Reassurance on My Routine

i always was bad at the deadlift i think. my program is primarily a sort of westside powerlifting..thing. i switch back from deadlifting to good mornings ever few weeks. i like to keep to effective exercises that i am comfortable with. a month ago i was doing a more bodybuilding scheme and i did straight legged deadlifts, with 200 pounds. so that is my history.

a few weeks ago; back on my powerlifting scheme i finaly deadlifted 300 pounds. it was really really hard. i enjoyed it very much. there is a difference between pulling and "pulling". it reminds me of what yoda said: do or do not, there is no try. okay anyway. so i got 300. do i have a long way to get to 400? it is just 4 more 25's.

i have not increased my weight from 300 so far but it did feel a bit easier. i did 270 twice last time before going to 300. i might have gotten a third.
so i want to know if i have a long way, and if i will have to do anything differently. and when doing 300 is easy should i add ten more pounds or just go for two reps. both?

You want to deadlift 400?

Suggestions:

1. Do box squats to build the glutes
  2. do rack pulls to get comfortable with heavy weights
  3. do speed pulls at 50% -60% (10x1 or 8x2)
  4. do heavy sets of 3 or less