T Nation

Reason for Eating Breakfast?

As far as nutrition for training and general health goes, is there a reason for breakfast? im not doubting the idea of eating food when u wake up, i mean if i wake up at noon am i still better off eating a hearty breakfast (eggs etc) as opposed to going straight to lunch?
thanks

I don’t know that there is a specific reason for eggs in the morning vs. chicken for lunch aside from taste preference.

You can get your macros however you want as long as you get them.

This thread is full of retarded.

it should be noted, that breakfast is eating relatively soon after waking, no matter the time.

Breakfast as in break fast is important. There are several reasons but for me the two main ones are halting/reversing catabolism and increasing metabolism.

Christopher

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
This post is full of retarded.[/quote]

indeed it is

Regarding the question you bring up with eggs/chicken, I think that, just as DoubleDuce said, is just because of taste preference.

If you like, I don’t see any problem what so ever with switching to chicken for breakfast and eggs for lunch.

I guess it’s all just habit.

Wonder if the prehistoric man ate breakfast, hmm…

Breakfast is the only reason I get out of bed.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
This post is full of retarded.

indeed it is[/quote]

shit, backfire, lol

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
it should be noted, that breakfast is eating relatively soon after waking, no matter the time, nor time of food.[/quote]

fixed

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
Breakfast as in break fast is important. There are several reasons but for me the two main ones are halting/reversing catabolism and increasing metabolism.

Christopher[/quote]

x2

here’s a crazy reason…so i don’t feel hungry and have some energy to do day to day crap

If you’re waking up at noon, you have bigger concerns than breakfast.

X2 on the “full of retarded” comment.

LMAO at this thread.

Hey guys, as for as general health goes, whats the reason for breathing?