-height 6’
-waist 32"
-weight 180
-describe body and facial hair - minimal
-describe where you carry fat and how changed - waist
-health conditions, symptoms [history] NONE
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever NONE
-lab results with ranges (see below)
-describe diet - mostly high protein (non-strict adkins)
-describe training - light training 2-5 times per weeks - 20-30 minute workouts
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? NO
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed - rare

I have had a steady decline in libido and general energy over the past few years.

I feel something is missing. Can’t quite explain it.

lab results - http://l.jon.am/LxvY

Just got my lab results back and Doctor prescribed
Testim 50 mg/day

Problem is, I have a large co-pay and it costs nearly $400.

I am not in a financial situation to do this.

I am feeling frustrated without a way to solve my problem.

Any advise would be appreciated.

You could ask Doc for a compounded cream RX instead, much cheaper that the Androgel or Testim. Some guys do not respond well to cream or gel. Injections is the way to go if you can find a Dr to go that route. Good Luck.

Ask for self injection.
I get a 10ml vial of Test Cyp that last me 5 months at Walgeens for $44
100 insulin 29g 1/2in syringes are about $15
You will need to manage your Estradiol (E2) either way to get the maximum benefits.

You should read the stickies:
Advice for New Guys
Estradiol and why you should care

Good Luck

Ask for self injection.
I get a 10ml vial of Test Cyp that lasts me 5 months at Walgeens for $44 (search google for goodrx, search testosterone cypionate on that site and print the coupon.) My Co-pay is $50
with my insurance, with this coupon I just pay and save a few $'s.

100 insulin 29g 1/2in syringes are about $15 (buy online).
You will need to manage your Estradiol (E2) either way to get the maximum benefits.

You should read the stickies:
Advice for New Guys
Estradiol and why you should care

Good Luck

PKNY: If the $44 is your co-pay, that is specific to you and may not be useful data.

You can get those insulin syringes at Walmart for less, these are their house brand ‘Relion’

Jon, yes read those stickies. Injections are least cost and never a doubt concerning absorption.

Post all of your lab report. What you are showing is inadequate. Not enough to allow any good advice other than read the stickies.

At your age, low T should be treated as a symptom of something that needs to be fixed up, not covered up with a Rx.

You should have been tested for:
LH/FSH - too late when TRT is started
FT
TT
E2
DHEA-S
fasting cholesterol
fasting insulin
CBC
TSH

50mg/day for most would create T levels near your starting point. If your T levels go down, non absorption, that is a symptom for thyroid problems, warranting TSH, 3T3, fT4. Read the ‘thyroid basics’ sticky and check your body temperatures and review your iodine intake.

There is a lot to read and learn, that takes time and effort.

KS, I pay $44 cash without insurance for a 10ml vial of Watson T-Cyp using a free internet coupon I directed the OP to. If I were to present my insurance, I would have to pay $50 which is my co-pay.

[quote]PKNY wrote:
KS, I pay $44 cash without insurance for a 10ml vial of Watson T-Cyp using a free internet coupon I directed the OP to. If I were to present my insurance, I would have to pay $50 which is my co-pay.
[/quote]
Would you mind PMing this information to me? Thanks.

Just google “goodrx.” On their site enter Testosterone Cypionate and the City where you live. It will show you local pharmacies and their prices, and a free coupon for each of them.
There is no sign up or anything, just print the coupon and take it to the pharmacy.

PKNY

Are you self administering or have you found a comp Doc? Are you in the Ga area? Would be interested in knowing name of dr if you have one?

Not actually in GA.
My Uro writes my script for the T-Cyp, I self inject.