Really Low T - Prolactinoma induced

hey Thonor,

I did see your thread - it’s one of the things that prompeted me to update mine.

it’s my understanding that one of the effects of a Pituitary tumor is the supression of LH and FSH. That’s why T production drops. i"m guessing that in your case, you doctor was hoping that by reducing the size of the Prolactinoma your Pituitary would start kicking out the necessary hormones (LH/FSH) to fire up your own T production. Sounds like that hasn’t happened for you - even after 7 months on the cabergoline.

This leads back to my current situation. Asuming that I can now produce LH/FSH, will I produce my own as I reduce the amount of ‘artificial’ T I’m curently injecting? And if I do start producing LH/FSH, will it in turn signal my body to start pushing out some T on it’s own. So far, your Pituitary hasn’t fired back up on it’s own - and mine might not either. Time will tell.

As for testicle atrophy, yes it’s happened to me, but not to the extent described by some on this forum. they still hang, just not as much. Might bother me some (visually) if I were your age, but all works great sexually so I don’t even think about it. As for having kids, if you can start generating your own T, they’ll most likely resize themselves.

good luck with your treatment. In my eyes we’re fortunate to know the exact cause of our low T levels - rather not deal with this at all, but it beats being T deprived and not knowing the reason why.

Mike