Really Cool Usain Bolt Pic

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I like how the actual sprinters look like they’re jogging, and the cameramen look like they’re sprinting.[/quote]

That’s a great observation Rez. Awesome juxtaposition.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’ll taint this discussion by betting anyone here that it will come out that he’s on PEDs.[/quote]

The Jamaicans are so dirty they make me want to take a bath.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’ll taint this discussion by betting anyone here that it will come out that he’s on PEDs.[/quote]

The Jamaicans are so dirty they make me want to take a bath.[/quote]

no fucks are given about peds

[quote]Captain Needa wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Speed Force.

Thank you DC comics.

Would the world cry if they picked Usain to play The Flash?[/quote]

For certain there is nobody I can think of that looks faster. The odd thing to me is why super-powered characters like Superman and the Flash look so muscular. Is it really their human muscles that provide their powers? Can’t recall with the flash (metabolism?) but with Superman it is the solar radiation of the yellow sun. Is there any resistance on earth that would give Superman a workout to build great muscle? Or is it just the Kryptonian gear?

[/quote]

1. the flash isn’t exactly big and muscular in the comic book world. He is sleek and ripped. The reason for this, like you said, is his metabolism. Any fat that would even try to get on his body would be burned away in billionths of a second.
    His powers (like X said) are derived from his ability to tap into the speed force which is shared among the speedsters. The ability to tap into the speed force can be gained a) genetically, b) via experimentation c) mutation (meta) d) by saying a special word/equation.

2. First I’ll answer why superman is ripped: the yellow sun. He uses it as an energy reserve and for his powers. This means that he technically doesn’t even need to eat or drink. He gets all of his nutrients and kryptonian-ATP via solar radiation. That means that he does not require any glycogen or fat on his body as energy reserves.

Why does superman have muscles? All the activity he does. His strength and speed and flight speed are all directly proportional and all take some degree of effort. Working on a farm as a child he was MUCH stronger than any machinery but this doesn’t mean that the tasks he did would require any less effort considering he did more work than the machines he replaced. He works 24/7 and his physique reflects this.

Finally, why are these muscle so big? Well, if you watch/read superman you will notice that he does in fact struggle with some weights. Flying upwards to slow a free-falling plane will put muscle on anybody. Another argument was posited by Lex Luthor who once gloated to Clark Kent that he built his muscle mass via hard work and not “alien biochemistry”.

If you watch the DC animated movie “Flashpoint” you will see what superman would look like had he not been exposed to the sun or a lifetime of activity.

[quote]Nards wrote:

He is also a Freak. 6’5. He completed that 100m race in 41 strides. His competition had to take 45-48 to come in 2nd & 3rd. Freaking oddity of sports. Fucking X-Man

Legend.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

He is also a Freak. 6’5. He completed that 100m race in 41 strides. His competition had to take 45-48 to come in 2nd & 3rd. Freaking oddity of sports. Fucking X-Man[/quote]

Yep I was watching the World’s semis a few days ago, Gatlin got a much better start, Bolt’s was mediocre. Bolt gets out in front and then really eases off 10 yards from the end, saving himself for the final I presume. When I saw the time 9.77 I realised it actually was the final.

Bolt could well be roided up but he also has one in a billon genetics, at 15 he was world junior champion and was closing in on a 20 second 200m!

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

He is also a Freak. 6’5. He completed that 100m race in 41 strides. His competition had to take 45-48 to come in 2nd & 3rd. Freaking oddity of sports. Fucking X-Man[/quote]

Yep I was watching the World’s semis a few days ago, Gatlin got a much better start, Bolt’s was mediocre. Bolt gets out in front and then really eases off 10 yards from the end, saving himself for the final I presume. When I saw the time 9.77 I realised it actually was the final.

Bolt could well be roided up but he also has one in a billon genetics, at 15 he was world junior champion and was closing in on a 20 second 200m![/quote]

Lol the genetics of anyone who even make it to the top of D1 athletics are insane. And Bolt dominates people who have some of the best genetics for sprinting. So I am in agreement his genetics are about the best. His genetics make me mad at my parents. Only letting me break into to upper 10s in the 100. I think in terms of AAS the field is even and that level of sport. Everybody uses.

[quote]Nards wrote:

All of them are. Really.

I dare say Victor Conte knows more about the PED usage in sprinting (and athletics in general really) considering he was the head of the BALCO initiative and if you take him at his word, there is actually very little meaningful attempt to clean up the sport. They dont want to, too much money.

Low tier guys get nailed as scapegoats, top guys go free and rake in the cash.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

All of them are. Really.

I dare say Victor Conte knows more about the PED usage in sprinting (and athletics in general really) considering he was the head of the BALCO initiative and if you take him at his word, there is actually very little meaningful attempt to clean up the sport. They dont want to, too much money.

Low tier guys get nailed as scapegoats, top guys go free and rake in the cash.[/quote]

Some of them are clean. Ato Boldon ran 9.86 (a few times) and he did it clean so it is possible to compete at that level without doing the drugs. I’m sure some of them are doing it that way.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

All of them are. Really.

Low tier guys get nailed as scapegoats, top guys go free and rake in the cash.[/quote]

Some of them are clean. Ato Boldon ran 9.86 (a few times) and he did it clean so it is possible to compete at that level without doing the drugs. I’m sure some of them are doing it that way.[/quote]

And how do you know he’s clean?

The flash would be PERFECT…as long as it’s Insane Bolt who plays him.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Bolt could well be roided up but he also has one in a billon genetics, at 15 he was world junior champion and was closing in on a 20 second 200m![/quote]

And that is the Grand Comedy. All things Being Equal he would still blow everyone away. The fucker was just built for this game Period

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

And that is the Grand Comedy. All things Being Equal he would still blow everyone away. The fucker was just built for this game Period[/quote]

Yeah. I hope it never comes out that he’s on PEDs because it’ll take the focus off that truth there.

hope the charity race between bolt and mo farah happens. they race 600 meters…

3 gold medals at the worlds. Damn.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sportsnetBayArea/search/v/40201867/11-11-michael-johnson-speaks-out-on-steroid-issue.htm

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

All of them are. Really.

Some of them are clean. Ato Boldon ran 9.86 (a few times) and he did it clean so it is possible to compete at that level without doing the drugs. I’m sure some of them are doing it that way.[/quote]

And how do you know he’s clean?[/quote]

I’ve got no hard proof (it’s impossible to prove someone didn’t take something, as I’m sure you know) but sometime you just do know. Ato personally told me ~10 years ago, that world class sprinter (at the time) Inger Miller never even tried creatine. Some of the elite sprinters do everything they can to get the edge, some don’t even do the legal things they could do. Some just put in their work on the track and that’s that.

Unfortunately all the very top sprinters right now are users. Americans Gay, Gatlin, Jeter. Jamaicans Bolt, Blake, Powell, Frasier. If it could be proven one way or another I’d bet cold hard cash on any one of them. The only bet I might be a even a littler nervous about would be Bolt, but that’s just because he’s such a freak of nature.

^^^^

or, he’s a freak of nature because of them… thats the sad thing. people say when he was younger he was already tearing up the track… so true, but way back then he could have been taking drugs to make him go faster… we’ll never know…

[quote]spk wrote:
^^^^

or, he’s a freak of nature because of them… thats the sad thing. people say when he was younger he was already tearing up the track… so true, but way back then he could have been taking drugs to make him go faster… we’ll never know… [/quote]

And why this crap still gets brought up, I will never understand.