T Nation

Reality Check

after the the big debate in the simeon panda thread, i thought it would be good if we could have a proper discussion about the steroid use in “natty” bodybuilding.

it seems alot of people think that almost anything can be acheived with just hard work and genetics, just because somebody claims natural doesnt make it so. jeff willet for example is clearly not natural yet still claims to be.

pretty sure we just had a thread where we discussed this.

let it go guy, let it go

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
pretty sure we just had a thread where we discussed this.

let it go guy, let it go[/quote]

umm yer i just said we discussed it in a previous thread, thats why i wouldnt to make this thread to clear up some stuff.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
pretty sure we just had a thread where we discussed this.

let it go guy, let it go[/quote]

umm yer i just said we discussed it in a previous thread, thats why i wouldnt to make this thread to clear up some stuff.[/quote]

it’s clear

let it go

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
pretty sure we just had a thread where we discussed this.

let it go guy, let it go[/quote]

umm yer i just said we discussed it in a previous thread, thats why i wouldnt to make this thread to clear up some stuff.[/quote]

it’s clear

let it go[/quote]

thats not the impression i got from the last thread.

that’s because you were too busy being a douche

ZING!

and I’m out

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s because you were too busy being a douche

ZING!

and I’m out[/quote]

thank you for your irrelevant opinion good bye :slight_smile:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

umm yer i just said we discussed it in a previous thread, thats why i wouldnt to make this thread to clear up some stuff.[/quote]

It appears you want everyone to say you are right.

It’d be fine if you presented your argument and allowed it to stand on it’s own merits, but with the way you keep bringing up the same points and the ad hominem responses to individuals who disagree, we can all see your ego is invested in this internet argument.

Why not use this passion to contact the judges and boards of bodybuilding federations to ask for more stringent procedures and increased frequency of testing so fewer steroid users slip through the cracks in natural competitions? One of the best ways to affect other’s perceptions of what is and isn’t ‘natural’ is to ensure the competitors making it to the stage and winning those trophies are exactly that. Those physiques are what serve as mental reference points when comparing the development of another.

It is through those competitions that federations set the standards of what is natural, not you.

lol

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s because you were too busy being a douche

ZING!

and I’m out[/quote]

He’s 18. He can’t let it go.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s because you were too busy being a douche

ZING!

and I’m out[/quote]

He’s 18. He can’t let it go.

lol[/quote]

LOL

my guess would’ve been 14

-Why does everyone seem to need to create ‘video responses’ to other people’s videos these days? Seriously, why does everyone feel that their opinion is important or valid for others to be informed of? I have no clue who the guy in this video is, but for someone claiming to have been around bodybuilding for 17 years, and being a trainer, he doesn’t look like he has achieved much with his own training, and his entire argument is supported by his being “around” other people who may have tried to accomplish things in the sport. I have encountered many many people who somehow see themselves as experts because of this rationalization. Usually, they may know half of what they think they know.

-So the physiques of guys placing at the top in today’s natural shows rival the IFBB pros of 20 years ago (the 1990’s)? Seriously? Does this guy have any clue what he’s talking about?

-His friend looks very conditioned, but has no legs (most noticeably hams and calves). Seriously, no legs. My legs dwarf his, and mine are a major weakness. I think we’ve just got a bit of proximity bias going on here. I can’t tell you how many times I see a competitor lose to a clearly better individual onstage, only to have his facebook flooded by family and friends’ comments of “you got robbed!”, “You had him”, “got screwed big man”… when all you need to do is look at the pics and be honest with yourself. At the end of the day, some guys have better genetics and on our best days we can’t beat them. I can accept this, and I’m sure many of the healthier and happier pros do as well.

-The basic outlook as negative to say the least. There will always be a money restrictive aspect to natural bodybuilding. There’s just no way around this. Anyone who chooses to compete as the sport is, with any goal other than seeing how far YOU can improve, and for the respect of accomplishment, is in for some disappointment. Some people will always cheat, that’s just how it is. Whining doesn’t change the fact, but it sure would be nice if we could count of everyone being honest wouldn’t it?

S

Damn good post, Stu!

In addition, I wonder if this guy did the video tongue-in-cheek. I say that because if I were to post a video to make a serious point, I certainly wouldn’t do it with stuffed animals in the background!

lol

dammit I said I was out, now I’m back in. I’m like a needy house cat!

Fucking LOL at the stuffed animals thing, I didn’t notice that.

Who even is this guy? What are his credentials? Why would anyone watch his video?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
dammit I said I was out, now I’m back in. I’m like a needy house cat!

Fucking LOL at the stuffed animals thing, I didn’t notice that.

Who even is this guy? What are his credentials? Why would anyone watch his video?[/quote]

How the hell could you NOT notice that stupid stuffed owl’s eyes glaring at you?! LOL

Kind of reminds me of Scooby. His videos sometimes have ridiculous “decor”, but I’m sure he actually intends some humor in his vids.

Ever see any videos that Nards sometimes posts of the inside of his home? Seriously funny shit going on there!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
How the hell could you NOT notice that stupid stuffed owl’s eyes glaring at you?! LOL

Kind of reminds me of Scooby. His videos sometimes have ridiculous “decor”, but I’m sure he actually intends some humor in his vids.

Ever see any videos that Nards sometimes posts of the inside of his home? Seriously funny shit going on there![/quote]

I dunno! Now I’ve noticed them, I think my favourite is the frog.

Scooby is a joke too, that stupid hat he always wears really bugs me.

Na I’ve not been around long enough for Nards home videos! Hopefully he’ll read this thread and get involved

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Does this guy have any clue what he’s talking about?

S
[/quote]

No.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
after the the big debate in the simeon panda thread i decided to post this video just to give some people a bit more insight to the world of “natty” bodybuilding.

now im not posting this to start an argument but its actually hilarious at how gullible some people are. a poster in the other thread really believed that jeff willet was natty, anyone who has a clue about bodybuilding can see that he is not natty.

im expecting to get flamed for this thread but oh well.[/quote]

Dude sort your fucking life out. Let it go jesus.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
after the the big debate in the simeon panda thread i decided to post this video just to give some people a bit more insight to the world of “natty” bodybuilding.

now im not posting this to start an argument but its actually hilarious at how gullible some people are. a poster in the other thread really believed that jeff willet was natty, anyone who has a clue about bodybuilding can see that he is not natty.

im expecting to get flamed for this thread but oh well.[/quote]

Dude sort your fucking life out. Let it go jesus.
[/quote]

He’s 18, Marz. There’s a lot to sort out anyway.

:wink:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
after the the big debate in the simeon panda thread i decided to post this video just to give some people a bit more insight to the world of “natty” bodybuilding.

now im not posting this to start an argument but its actually hilarious at how gullible some people are. a poster in the other thread really believed that jeff willet was natty, anyone who has a clue about bodybuilding can see that he is not natty.

im expecting to get flamed for this thread but oh well.[/quote]

Dude sort your fucking life out. Let it go jesus.
[/quote]

NO SOMEBODY ON THE INTERNET WAS WRONG!