Realists

I have come to understand that there is a new
philosophy…
I discover those who refer to themselves as, wait for it…

“REALISTS”

Its kinda depressing that this has become a fad, a philosophy and a problem

Where is the faithful, the believers, the determined and the hungry Mother F@*kers
that refuse to except the reality.

I am fighting every day for people to except the fact that reality is not a fact, a constant or anything very comprehensible.

Realist; one who excepts their position in society and decides they are powerless against it.

Fuck that, Stop right there…

Fight for what you believe reality should be and do that every God given day until you collapse.

[end rant]

I know what you mean in that I find too many people act too cynical as that’s supposed to pass for wisdom.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I know what you mean in that I find too many people act too cynical as that’s supposed to pass for wisdom.

[/quote]

x2

I’d class myself as a realist, in that when I get any unnavoidble flights of fancy, it is at least an achievable flight of fancy.- I know what to assign to my daydream list, and what I can realistically strive to do if I can be bothered to get up off my arse.

But to people who use it as a way to passively sit there and do F**K all, well thats something everybody can be acused of at some point and it isn’t realism, it’s called pussyism.

As Logen Ninefingers says … â??You have to realistic about these things.â??

Cynicism and realism are two totally different philosophies.

What ever retard confused the two simply has titles mixed up. And that’s real.

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

But to people who use it as a way to passively sit there and do F**K all, well thats something everybody can be acused of at some point and it isn’t realism, it’s called pussyism.
[/quote]

There was a time when only girls had it, but it seems to have spread into large parts of the male population…

Its probably an STD -_-…

Most definitions of “realism” I would find extremely depressing.

Also, it’s spelled “accept”.

Wasn’t it Emerson who said its ok to build your castles in the sky, but make sure their foundations are on earth?

Its not a problem to have big dreams and aspirations, but to ignore reality is foolish.

[quote]groo wrote:
Wasn’t it Emerson who said its ok to build your castles in the sky, but make sure their foundations are on earth?

Its not a problem to have big dreams and aspirations, but to ignore reality is foolish.[/quote]

But… I want a floating castle?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

Its not a problem to have big dreams and aspirations, but to ignore reality is foolish.[/quote]

But… I want a floating castle?

[/quote]

Don’t you literalists go bringing my trancendentalism down.

Meh, I don’t buy “realism” as an excuse for giving up easily. I agree with Henry Ford when he said, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”

[quote]okage wrote:
philosophy…

“REALISTS”

Where is the faithful, the believers, the determined and the hungry Mother F@*kers

I am fighting every day for people to except the fact that reality is not a fact, a constant or anything very comprehensible.

Realist; one who excepts their position in society and decides they are powerless against it.

Fight for what you believe reality should be and do that every God given day until you collapse.

[end rant][/quote]

"Realists, according to conventional wisdom, can be practical to a fault. They often lack the feel for the finer, higher things in life. Taken too far, such types can be cynical, manipulative, Machiavellian. They stand in contrast to dreamers - people of high imagination who inspire us with their ideals or divert us with their fantastical creations.

This is a concept that comes from looking at the world through the lens of fear. It is time you reverse this perspective and see dreamers and realists in their true light.

The dreamers, those who misread the actual state of affairs and act upon their emotion, are often the source of the greatest mistakes in history. The wars that are not thought out, the disasters that are not foreseen.

Realists on the other hand are the real inventors and innovators. They are men and women of imagination, but their imagination is in close contact with the environment, with reality. They are empirical scientists, writers with a sharp understanding of human nature, and leaders who guide us thoughtfully through crises. They are strong enough to see the world as it is, including their own personal inadequacies."

• Robert Greene, The 50th Law

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

So what your saying, is that telling people they are stupid and wrong is not a counter argument???

[quote]okage wrote:
philosophy…

“REALISTS”

[end rant][/quote]

Well what most people pass off as “Realism” it’s actually called “Naive Realism” in that what’s real is rooted in perception. What they sense is what’s real. What makes sense to them is what real.
These people would call actual ‘realism’ bullshit, more than likely. Realism is rooted in epistemology and what you can actually know. At that point, perception is relegated to crude interpretations of possibilities.

Reality, Time, Gravity, only as real as I will it, yo.
-AirVuduu

Haha.

Uh… why put a label on something that can’t possibly be a uniform title?

Life is made of grays, not black and white. There are around 7 billion different dispositions, attitudes and ultimately different philosophies collectively on this planet.

Crap, I’ve been living under the assumption that “realists” were people that liked real tits as opposed to tits with implants.

Thanks for shitting all over my day OP!

[quote]SSC wrote:

Life is made of grays, not black and white. There are around 7 billion different dispositions, attitudes and ultimately different philosophies collectively on this planet.[/quote]

Very good point, often overlooked. It’s funny how everyone thinks their reality usurps everybody else’s. How can you claim to be a realist, yet have ideas that conflict with another “realist’s” ideas? Obviously, you can’t both be realists, or there is no set definition of one…so yeah.

[quote]okage wrote:
philosophy…

“REALISTS”

[end rant][/quote]

I hate to break it to you, but realists and realism is not a new fad, philosophy, or a problem. It is the correct way to view the world.

However, what you’re specifically talking about is fatalism. Though some varieties of fatalism are not bad.

[quote]SSC wrote:

Life is made of grays, not black and white. There are around 7 billion different dispositions, attitudes and ultimately different philosophies collectively on this planet.[/quote]

That’s called idealism. Which is wrong and stupid.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

That’s called idealism. Which is wrong and stupid. [/quote]

Why do I get the impression that you believe your way of life is the only right way?