Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

I would save the cream and use it recreationally on your dick.

It will not help you with anything during this transition. You are just prolonging the amount of time your body will need to stabilize.

it is quick. 6 weeks is nothing. You have to get the free testosterone in a optimal range no matter how you do it, injections or cream, and then give it time to work. It is a months process not a 6 week process

Yah Iā€™m noticing the same about his situation. Had a few ups and downs and wants to go for something else.

I would humble myself and listen to yeti above. Heā€™s looking out for ya.

I personally donā€™t think one with high shbg realizes how Stupid hard it is to dial in injections. It can take months longer with injections. Cream is so much easier.

Thatā€™s a better reason :slight_smile:

Update on a new issue.

A few things in my protocol changed recently: I switched from T cream (applied to the scrotum) to injections (200 mg), I added Danazol (25 mg EOD), and I added Metformin (500 mg AM & PM). Around the time of these changes, I started experiencing sleep issues: either waking up early in the morning (~3 AM), unable to fall back asleep, or struggling to fall asleep in the first place. Iā€™ve also felt more ā€œout of itā€ during the day, which may just be a product of the lessened sleep. Think these issues may be a side effect of one of the medications?

It could be the other medications but also just the protocol adjustment. You may have to ride it out 6 week for things to stabilize and see if it subsides. Personally though I think you are changing too much at one time. Point being you have multiple factors that are new and now you do not know which is causing it.

Yup itā€™s going to suck for 30-40ish days. Donā€™t forget you donā€™t have cream built up in the system. After s few days your low low.

~10 weeks into TRT

As you can read above, I havenā€™t gotten everything dialed in. This will be a process, as it is for every guy. I still have spotty libido, and lately Iā€™ve been having issues with sleep. But, I am encouraged by the direction in which Iā€™m headed, and I think once my levels stabilize (likely 1-2 months from now), Iā€™ll feel dialed in! Itā€™s only been 10 weeks; itā€™s early.

The one effect that Iā€™ve noticed most clearly is related to body comp. Iā€™m not making absurd changes by any means (again, only 10 weeks), but it has definitely been easier to add muscle and lose fat. At this point, Iā€™ve been lifting for a long time, so I know my body well ā€“ and I know when my body is changing. Iā€™m starting to fully understand why, if youā€™ve been on TRT for years, it makes a massive difference on your physique. I should also add that my strength has been steadily increasing, while MM has gone up slightly and BF has dropped slightly.

1 Like

Something I forgot to mention above that some guys considering TRT may find interesting: Iā€™ve always had pretty patchy facial hair. Since starting T therapy, Iā€™ve received a few comments about how full my beard is looking. Ran into one friend and she remarked about what a ā€œman beardā€ Iā€™ve developed. Canā€™t say for sure this is due to the T, but that would make the most sense.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting more hair in areas it never used to grow on my face to.

1 Like

Me three.

2 Likes

Why did you add metformin?

And umm how do you keep your belly flat? Anything i eat blows me up

Bro donā€™t take metofrmin it reduces strength and v02 max. Iā€™ve read and listened to four or five sources. I posted something earlier in a topic with a video that makes a comment on that. Stay far away bro your lean and donā€™t need to lose weight.

1 Like

Mainly out of curiosity. Iā€™ve read so much about it, and heard so many HRT experts tout its benefits, that I wanted to give it a shot and find out for myself. I know it has longevity pros, but I was mainly interested in how it would make me feel and affect body composition. So far, it seems easier to control hunger (I just donā€™t desire food as much) and, as a result, keep within my target-calorie bounds. But itā€™s still early, and I donā€™t know for sure if Iā€™ll stick with it. I have a ~3 month supply, so Iā€™ll probably use that as my test window. Iā€™ll also be reconsidering this medication in light of updated bloodwork.

As far as leanness, the biggest thing, honestly, is hitting my calorie and protein goals. I absolutely have to track if I want to be lean; thereā€™s no getting around it. I also intermittent fast on non-lifting days (4 days a week), and refuel on lifting days (3 days) following a plan akin to Jay Campbellā€™s in the Metabolic Blowtorch Diet. That book is an awesome read if you want abs.

1 Like

Interesting. I do love Stan Efferding and always respect his opinions. I did a lot of reading up, too, before hopping on, and understand this is still a somewhat controversial topic in fitness circles. I donā€™t particularly care about my strength, and I think Stan undersells the longevity benefits, but great food for thought.

Out of curiosity, have you listened to Jay Campbell on Ben Greenfieldā€™s podcast? Thatā€™s the resource that really sold me on metformin.

I wanted to try it out for myself and see how I feel; not 100% married to sticking with it in the long run. Plus itā€™s so cheap and easy to obtain, so I figured this was a low-risk trial.

2 Likes

Yes I have heard Jay Campbellā€™s On that episode. The problem with Jay C is he rarely looks at both sides. He makes a very biased attempt at selling any new guidance, product or technique without acknowledging the negatives. Discuss the negatives with him and letā€™s see what he says.

If metformin reduces strength and V02 that is a big deal imo. What else have we not realized about metformin now that itā€™s being touted as an anti aging component. I personally would not take it unless I had diabetes or other issues with insulin and such.

I plan on taking it for 2 months. Not sure if thereā€™s such a thing- but i want to reset my insulin. And see if it can help me lose some belly visceral fat

1 Like

I definitely think youā€™ll experience the benefit youā€™re looking for in that regard.

1 Like

Watch that video he mentions another option that doesnā€™t effect strength and etc.