Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

My pre-TRT SHBG was 180. It is currently 114.

As you saw in that other post, I have had two massive libido rushes since starting application of the T cream (trans-scrotal), but they’ve sadly been short lived. In all, I haven’t yet found a formula for consistently strong libido. But that’s what I’m hoping to achieve! And I’m certain I’ll get there. Just will take more tinkering.

I’ll keep updating this thread as I find things that work. My current hope is in Danazol (to control SHBG) and switching to injectable T (200 mg/week).

1 Like

Yep. I had many of the same symptoms. And, FWIW, still experiencing some joint discomfort. Not as bad as it was pre-optimization, though.

The MA law only allows for 6 weeks of T at a time. It was enacted in December - a real pain in the ass.

Yeah the script is through my local PCP.

1 Like

Good stuff. How has your experience been working with a local provider? I’ve met some and have not been impressed. Defy has been amazing.

He wrote me the script after years of pestering and showing him sub par T readings over 5 years. It was only after it dropped to around 265 that he acquiesced. Luckily it was right before the LabCorp ranges dropped (175 being normal now). I get the script from him and I have a yearly appt with a Boston Endo to manage the situation. The latter part is mostly for my wife.

good stuff … thank you for the detailed replies and info

have you tried using the injectable test with occasional TS cream application (as needed?)

I am contemplating adding Masteron or Proviron at a VERY low dose to see if that helps w libido. ANd maybe recovery? I am only two months into treatment and i do realize that this is a marathon and not a race but i have read so many posts about adding a low dose Mast or some DHT add on that i am doing my homework on this … have you ried either? I would assume the danazol would be a similar route?

Add boron, b6, vitamin d, magnesium if you haven’t already. Boron lowers shbg and helps your hormonal balance. There’s many other benefits after I researched. I added magnesium and b6 because boron helps the body absorb or its vice versa. I jsut recall reading and realizing if I’m to take boron might as well take these as well.

Today I was reading allot about vitamin d and erectile dysfunction. They had a couple studies that showed men with Ed had a much higher rate of defeceinch on Vd. Including b vitamins.

Personally I would start the Injections first and see how it helps. It’s gonna take you a few weeks to build up and I would take a little cream for 3 weeks and take less week 4 and 5. Otherwise your gonna crash because the cream will dissipate after 24 - 48 hours. Hate to see you suffer if you haven’t thought of this.

You’ve been on the TrT for a while now and I’m surprised you didn’t have consistency in labido. Did you have any other issues or was it just lack of desire? I had lack of desire, sensitivity but I could get it to salute … this was because of high e2. Once that lowered it all came back perfect.

I say this becusse I wonder if your estrogen was just all over the place. Especially if you were applying to other areas and not just on the boys.

That’s what I thought also, but clearly I was wrong, 2 large injections a week and my SHBG actually increased. Who cares though because my free T went from below the bottom end of normal to above the top end of normal.

Dr Keith said the absolute lowest frequency he would ever recommend is 3 times a week, no less.

1 Like

Preg is a precursor hormone to other things besides T. When you start taking T your production of preg decreases greatly. There’s more to it than that, he gave me some literature to read up on the benefits, I’ll get back with you on that.

Make sure to get pharmaceutical grade melatonin. I do either 9 or 12mg a night.

100mg pregnenolone daily

210 test cyp, split up into 7 weekly doses

25mg DHEA daily

1 Like

You know your body only releases on a very tiny tiny amount of melatonin a night? Way less than even 1mg.

Mega dosing melatonin isn’t a good idea. I’ve been reading more about getting away from this practice.

Try some tryptophan instead.

2 Likes

Thats not mega dosing but melatonin is a free radical scavenger with powerful anti cancer properties. I want to optimize those benefits just like I do with my testosterone and other hormones

1 Like

Low SHBG is a independent predictor of metabolic syndrome and Type II diabetes as well as increased morbity and mortality. One way to decrease your SHBG is to become insulin resistant. You simply overcome high SHBG by increasing the testosterone dosage. It’s that simple as Dr. Nichols has pointed out on line

1 Like

You don’t want to push down SHBG you want to overcome it with increasing the testosterone dosage

1 Like

You should do what your doctor says…especially if he is an expert. Its good to get ideas and discuss issues with each other but we should never interfere a physicians treatment

thats interesting - i was under the assumption you wanted to do both at once

Never…leave the SHBG alone. A higher is always better than low. It plays a larger role in physiology than just binding hormones. One way to lower it is to eat like sh…t and become insulin resistant. That will do it. Just have a physician like Dr Nichols that overcomes the high SHBG with a dosage that increases your free testosterone to a optimal level

1 Like

Ya and crissler used to do that and say that as well. It’s so simple of a solution.

Glad it worked out that way! Timing is everything. Men’s Health Boston, I’m guessing? I looked into them but their prices were pretty astronomical, if I recall correctly.