Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

This post reminded me I had some prescription cabergoline. Yesterday afternoon I ate a half of one and felt amazing, like actually had libido. Ended up having sex a couple times and both times was more into it than i normally am which was nice.
Is this enough evidence to suggest I could benefit from taking a little? If so, I wonder how much.

2 Likes

I’d say definitely. I think caber can be a bit too much for some guys, but maybe if you find the right dose and timing schedule it could be magic for you. PRL is so important

1 Like

Yea for sure. I can’t remember what mg mine are. I took half as that’s what my doctor said to take when he originally prescribed them. Think a half once a week starting out would be good?

I honestly have no idea, never messed with caber, but yeah, I’d stick with what your doc said

1 Like

So far I think I felt better on 100mg. I’m on 50 now, will up it next week. My e2 is very high (cos TT is higher) right now, that could be part of it. But, I’ve had success using the P5 instead of using an AI, so far

That’s a decent reaction, and I think how Caber is suppose to work, from what I hear. I would just say go slow, it has a long HL and if you felt that way right away, I’d worry about PRL going too low in a week or two’s time. I get .5mg tablets and usually break them in half, once per week. The ones I have are long expired but still seem to work just fine. I have thought about experimenting with it again in place of the P5P, but I remember those panic attacks and change my mind lol

This is very true. On reddit I see tons of post of guys complaining about no libido, no energy, no drive, ED, and when I ask if they had their PRL checked they say no, but they’ve gotten everything else checked. It really should be part of labwork for pre-TRT and on TRT. I always tell my doc to add it when I do labs.

1 Like

Yea I’ve had time to do a little more readin since I made my initial post on it. Seems the half life is almost 70 hours. I had a great reaction honestly. Thanks to past SSRI use I have trouble finishing and loss of sensitivity. This seemed to GREATLY improve that. I was also able to go twice back to back which although rare, I don’t really care. First one is plenty good enough to count :joy:

I think going forward I’m just gonna let time pass and see what happens. Mine are fairly old and .5mg as well. I took that half, noted the date and time and I’ll see how long I can enjoy the benefits. Prolactin is not something I wish to crash.

I’d have to dig up my old labs but originally when looking for possible solutions the script was written when my prolactin was a touch over middle of the range. I only took a dose or two and it was long ago, not sure I noticed anything (I obviously stopped for a reason). But this time it seems to have made a HUGE difference. Fingers crossed it wasn’t a one time deal or a major placebo, although I didn’t expect anything from taking it so who knows. The brain is a powerful thing.

We have a lot of labs and data about how TT influences e2 and DHT, but I haven’t come across a lot that shows how greatly PRL is influenced by e2 (I know it is to a degree), how quickly it goes up or down naturally, post-orgasm recovery seems to vary wildly. I’m still trying to find that happy place with it, but I think you’re on the right track with monitoring Caber use and seeing how long your response is

1 Like

Do you think it matters when you take P5P? Most guys seem to take it AM. Would PM affect sleep?

I always figured it was best to take it in the AM. If higher DA means more focus and energy I don’t want that at bedtime

1 Like

I think that is a good path forward. Maybe try in a week with the same dose if the effect goes away after 3-4 days?

You could try P5P instead, and see if that does enough for you? It is self limiting, you can’t lower PRL too much with it. I might go that route before the caber.

Yea o think it would have made sense to start with that, but I had caber and thought “what the hell”. I’ve put way worse in my body :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think you can still use P5P though. It is likely going to help since caber helped. I think you could just start that in a few days if you wanted to without having to worry about crashing PRL.

1 Like

What do you think is a good P5P dose to start? Took 50 this AM but wondering if that’s too low to notice anything

1 Like

I haven’t actually tried P5P. My recommendation just comes from reading what others have recorded about their experiences. It seems many are able to get by with it while using 19-nor AAS, so I think for a guy on TRT, it is likely to be enough. Caber seems like overkill.

From what I have read, 50-100 seems like a good dose (guys on cycle with 19 nors use higher doses sometimes, like 300 mg). P5P shouldn’t be able to crash PRL like Caber can, it is self limiting. Maybe stick to that dose until you get blood work done and see the impact it has for you. If you need more, it seems the 100 mg caps are about the same price as the 50 mg caps for the same quantity.

1 Like

You da man

1 Like

Took 50 mg P5P this AM and already noticing effects…not libido related but like @dextermorgan has said, similar to having a ton of caffeine

@swoops39 @wanna_be @mnben87

2 Likes

Interesting. My female companion came over again last night and most of what I noticed initially wasn’t there. I was hopeful and excited. Granted, still some benefits but nothing like that first night I took the caber

Yeah that tracks, I have 3 days on 100mg and feeling anxiety and sleep issues last few days. Libido maybe take a day or two to respond? I have labs in 4 weeks so thinking about stopping all P5P and see what PRL sits at on its own.