Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

I think so. But I stopped the P5 and took .5mg Anastrozole and now feel better 2 days later, so I really can’t say which it was (probably both). I broke my own rule and made two changes at once instead of just one. But I’ll test again in 6 weeks and see how things look

How long have you been on TRT?

4 years

8 here

So it seems like you’re trying to manipulate both PRL and E2, right? Which one do you focus on more on bloods? I’ve felt so much better since adding 50 mg P5P. Tempted to try 100 but don’t want those negative sides

I always focus on e2, cos if that gets too high then I get crazy anxiety, but when it’s just right everything feels great. I’ve only checked PRL a handful of times. But I’ve focused on that more lately just to experiment. When my e2 is in the right place it seems that my PRL just kinda falls in line with it.

My hope was that I could let e2 just get as high as it wanted to while I controlled PRL. My theory was that the high e2 side effects were mostly coming from the higher PRL, but I don’t think that’s entirely correct after this last go

1 Like

I’d say stay at 50mg for a while and if you notice the effects wearing off, then go up to 100mg

Were you taking this in one dose?

No, split 2x per week, .125mg A the day after each shot. I should have been using .25mg after each, I think

That makes more sense. I wish I could find some tabs smaller than 1 mg, so splitting up to less than .25 would be reasonable. I think I am someone who has a strong reaction to adex, but also produces a good amount of E2 without adex. When I was blasting 875 mg/wk, with adex (0.25 mg EOD), and Fin (0.5 mg ED), I had a TT of 4700 ng/dL, and an E2 or around 80 (double the range), DHT was middle range (I think 55). Double the range isn’t all that high IMO, with that TT. But now that I am cruising (175 mg/wk) and shooting for an average (not trough) level of 1000 ng/dL, I am thinking based on previous labs, that my E2 is about the same as on blast. I think I might feel a bit better with a lower E2? But I am pretty sure much more than 0.25 mg each week would crash it.

I was thinking about dissolving tabs in alcohol, and using that to dose it EOD at like 0.0625 mg. Then doing labs in 4 weeks.

I am the exact same way. My e2 gets up to 70+pg with TT 1000ng on my “normal” TRT with no AI, down to 45pg on .25mg A weekly. I really needed the compounded .125mg tabs to be able to dose it the right way.

I tried dissolving in vodka once and fucked that up lol so gave up. Empower makes .125mg tabs and Hallandale made .25mg caps that I could split in half.

The weird thing is when I did a little blast last year, 360mg test + 25mg Var daily, I took .5mg A a week and e2 came back <15pg. Maybe that was the Var lowering SHBG to single digits and metabolizing TT/e2 faster? Don’t know, but I felt like shit. I’m doing my next blast test only, keep SHBG normal, and see how that goes

1 Like

I would say that actually, given how high that dose and TT are, you don’t produce much E2. Mine is often higher than that on TRT doses. Obviously you know your body better than I do – just saying it’s all relative :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you plan to keep doing blasts? Don’t think I ever will

5 days in on P5P @ 50 mg each AM

This has been a real game-changer. Waking up with wood pretty much every day, having much more sex. I don’t know if this will work forever but, 4 years into HRT, I’m shocked none of my providers have ever even mentioned it (or caber, or anything about PRL for that matter).

1 Like

So when I was on 200 mg a week (EOD injections), and no AI, my E2 was 72, with 875 mg a week (EOD) and EOD adex at 0.25 mg, my E2 was at 80. I think adex works really well at lower E2 for me.

I think at a certain point, more Test won’t equal more E2 because the aromatase has a limit. I don’t know where that limit is for me.

1 Like

What brand are you taking?

NOW Supplements ($12 on Amazon)

1 Like

Wow! That’s nuts. That’s one seriously potent AI

1 Like

It could be overdosed. It is UGL adex, was cheap ($34 for 100 1 mg tabs).

I have done two sets of blood work with adex, one of them being compounded adex at 0.125 mg three times a week. I had a strong reaction to it both times. Never crashed E2 though. I just know for me with the blood work I have done that I don’t need much.

A lot of guys without much experience seem to want to jump into a cycle using 0.5 mg EOD to start, or even more. Dosing like that needs to be justified with blood work IMO. You might need it, but you might also need nothing, or very little. I could have gotten by with no AI, but I think I felt a bit better with a little. E2 was still double the range, and I felt pretty good.

Historically, I have not used any during TRT periods (I’ll probably only be doing TRT doses at this point, 50 mg EOD). Now I am using Finasteride, and that lowers DHT a lot (I also seem to be a hyper responder to that in regards to blood levels of DHT), and lower 5 alpha reductase activity allows more FT to convert to E2. So less androgens and more estrogen. I think a little lower E2 helps the overall well being and libido on Finasteride, but I just am struggling on picking an adex dose to try out to see how it impacts my blood work. Don’t want to crash. Thinking 0.0625 roughly EOD would be pretty good, but splitting a tab up like that is not feasible. Might try the dissolve method, and make it really weak, so I need to take like 1 mL to get 0.0625 mg of adex.

1 Like

I saw a chart of this, but TT was like over 3000ng to achieve the saturation of AE. We’re all different, maybe your limit is lower?

2 Likes