Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

Why are you taking oxandrolone EOD? The half life is quite short.

I bought 50 mg due to cost (basically same price as 25 mg). Iā€™ve debated splitting it up. But I think the vodka solution @wanna_be wrote about above might be the only option for splitting these capsules.

Almost out of HCG. The wife and I arenā€™t trying to conceive right now and wonā€™t be for another 2-3 years, most likely. Do you think I should snag more and keep it going while we arenā€™t trying to conceive?

@wanna_be @unreal24278 @readalot My var comes in late this afternoon ā€” do you see any issue with taking it at night? Could it impact sleep?

Iā€™ve been taking mine late in the afternoon. I always sleep like trash so idk if it effects it

Gotcha. I ended up getting it at 3 and taking one. From what Iā€™ve read it should have no effect on sleep. I think Iā€™ll take it the same day as T so itā€™s easy to stay on the EOD schedule and not miss a dose.

1 Like

I think you can open the capsules and fill new capsules with smaller doses if you want. I also go 50mg capsules and thatā€™s what Iā€™m planning to do. Var is typically taken AM/PM 2x/day due to the short 1/2 life. Once/day might be ok, but EoD is probably not going to work.

Cool idea. Did you just buy empty capsules? Do you weigh the medication to get the dose right? What do yā€™all think about this idea, @wanna_be @readalot @unreal24278?

I donā€™t know enough to comment on that. @iron_yuppie im sure does.

Thanks for the information, man! Makes perfect sense, and I really appreciate you digging that up and lending wisdom. Iā€™m mainly concerned with SHBG/free T, but I suppose maximizing muscle-building isnā€™t a bad secondary goal :slight_smile: That said, I highly doubt there would be a noteworthy difference between EOD and ED in that regard.

I was wondering whether Iā€™ll feel different (SWB) with an EOD approach. So far, I feel the same today as yesterday (dose day).

Iā€™d love to get the troches but donā€™t believe I can through my provider (Defy) ā€“ the capsules are the only option on their website. Did your provider have troches?

I plan to do this! I was only able to purchase 30 capsules, or 60 daysā€™ worth. Iā€™ll take the var for a month (or a little over) and then see where things are situated. Hopefully my HDL isnā€™t a disaster!

1 Like

Wonder how quick shgb returns after ceasing var? Mines already low

I defer to the all-knowing @readalot ā€“

2 Likes

Damn. Maybe I should do a better job of reading. Thank you for pointing that out and thank you @readalot for contributing so much information.

1 Like

Sheesh! It happens fast. So with my 100 mg total over the past 3 days (50 mg Wednesday & this morning), Iā€™m probably already experiencing a considerable drop in HDL. Iā€™d guess itā€™s gone from ~35 to mid-to-high 20s.

Also, I had my echocardiogram this morning. The tech thought everything looked normal, but a cardiologist will review. Iā€™m hopeful for good news!

@bkb333 - sorry if I missed it, but two questions:

1. How did you get the conversation started with Defy about starting the Anavar? More curious for future reference than anything else.

2. How has your LDL been doing? Curious since Iā€™ve just wrapped up a full year on TRT and itā€™s done a pretty good job of killing both my HDL and LDL. I posted a quick update in my log here. I have a consult with my doctor in a couple weeks so thatā€™s one of the things Iā€™m going to get his thoughts on.

Hey brother! Your free T is looking great. How are you feeling?

HDL is something to keep an eye on, though it isnā€™t as low as mine.

Defy has been super receptive. If Iā€™m interested in something, I just bring it up. I go into the conversation educated about the compound and how it should impact my bloods.

Theyā€™ve never said no to a request. They might think I should take a slightly different dose, but theyā€™ve always followed my logic. My PA and I have good rapport and he knows Iā€™m not trying to abuse the system or become Ronnie Coleman.

Thereā€™s so much good information out there, you can now approach your provider knowing as much (or more) than them about a given substance. Docs have always been receptive when I go into conversations armed with knowledge and confidence. For example, I recently schooled my PCP on TRT. He was genuinely interested.

Given your bloods, though, I donā€™t see why youā€™d want to add anavar.

Here are my labs since Jan. 17:
Jan. 2017: 124
May 2018 (first time on hCG): 108
Oct. 2018: 124
Feb. 2019 (first time on TRT): 136
Aug. 2019: 93
Nov. 2019: 68 (lowest number, on T-cyp 200 mg/week & Danazol 25 mg ED)
May 2020: 74
Oct. 2020: 82
Jan. 2021: 121
April 2021: 93

As you can see, itā€™s been pretty sporadic. Iā€™m not worried about my LDL. HDL is a different story.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m starting to feel this too. My DLs today were ANGRY!

Exercise recommendation: snatch grip high pulls

Shit, manā€¦Iā€™d never done high pulls until yesterday. My traps are LIT up! It feels like Iā€™m actually injured theyā€™re so sore. I have a feeling theyā€™ll blow up as I introduce these!

Iā€™ve been on a lean gaining phase the past few months and plan to continue it through 2021.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 10.31.04 AM

With oxandrolone introduced, what do you think of this target for May? I want to take advantage of the compound but donā€™t want to get sloppy. @readalot @alex_uk @unreal24278

1 Like

Everyone responds differently.

Iā€™ve never taken legitimate oxandrolone so I couldnā€™t tell you (even anecdotally) what a rough goal might be.