T Nation

Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

I appreciate the kind words. I don’t know what you’re starting point is but if you look at mine I’m sure it can’t be worse than that so you’ll be there sooner than you think especially if you eat a fuck ton of food.

Not in range lol

2 Likes

I just went over to the credentials page and saw. Not crazy. Let me guess…you just eat “whatever” too?

Before photo - give the people what they want!

I eat two meals a day consisting of 2lbs of pork or beef with mashed potatoes. I usually buy a 16-20lb pork shoulder and slow cook it or slow cook four 4lb beef chuck roasts. So my diet is not ideal but it’s easy. Lately I’ve been eating a lot of sweets (King cake is my favorite) and going out a lot so that catches up quick. I really need to clean my diet up.

1 Like

@bkb333
Go to the TRT credentials thread (pinned at the top of the TRT section). I posted a before photo.

So basically you just eat a ton of meat and potatoes and little else?

So you eat 16oz each meal or 2 @8oz? Plus a whole 1.5lb tub of potatoes each meal?!?!

One tub of mash potatoes is about 4-5 meals. Meat wise it’s a pound per meal, two meals a day, 2lbs of meat total a day. That said it’s not an ideal diet. @aaronca has given me a lot of advice on the subject (and working out). That’s the guy you want to ask about diet from. I want to look like him. He’s got his shit down to a science and you can tell from looking at him he’s doing it right.

1 Like

@NH_Watts
You look a hell of a lot leaner than I do.

1 Like

You are too brother…you are too. Imma go tell me wife she should be in love with my forearms though and see how that goes LOL

Well we def carry it differently but I assure you I am in the 20% area. Ive got a nice ponch from years of drinking. Ive got bicep veins but still have quite a bit of fat through my torso. I might look like I lift a little at this point but you look like a seasoned veteran.

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words brotha. I’m excited to see you get your eating and lifting on track brotha, I think you’re gonna look UNREAL. You have a pretty damn good physique for how you eat and your limited ability of your current gym.

2 Likes

I’m here for the bromance

2 Likes

Caaaan you feel the love tonight

1 Like

The drinking definitely doesn’t help but I think carrying fat in that area also comes down largely to genetics. I don’t drink at all and, though I’ll keep bicep veins like you, I still get a pooch first thing when I put on fat.

Seriously, I think Dex must have some crazy genetics based on how he’s described commitment to gym/diet and what he’s attained. Pretty damn impressive.

1 Like

When you were feeling like shit and balllooned up to 205, do you think you were putting on muscle with that fat? Or do you think most of the muscle gain has happened since hopping on TRT?

It looks like, from when you were 170ish to today, you gained like 30 pounds of muscle.

I doubt it. I didn’t really workout much if at all then. Just felt like crap. Pretty sure it was all fat. That wasn’t even the worse picture it’s just the one I found at the time. My spare tire was as wide or wider than my shoulders. It was disgusting and exactly how I felt. Most of the muscle gain has come from TRT. I think we don’t realize just how much of a difference even 10 lbs of muscle can make looks-wise. I definitely don’t have crazy genetics but I do go to the gym religiously I’m just not super knowledgeable about it which is why Athleanx was great. I just do whatever he does and then I’m done. I think diet is very important. Eating enough to grow seems to be the big deciding factor.

1 Like

He’s committed, he just doesn’t eat in the most healthy way. I’m quite confident that once he swaps out his 200g+ of saturated fat, and predominantly high glycemic carbs, he will feel even better than he does, and get pretty damn shredded.