T Nation

Realistic Goals

If one is to aim high in raw natural power lifting what are some good goals to strive for? My weight is 230 and my best lifts are 445/305/505. I am 17 and have been training for about a year and a half. What would be some good goals for the end of this year cause I have high goals but I need something realistic for this year.

Your the only person that knows your situations and resources so only you can set yoaur goals. You have been training for a year and a half and have some pretty impressive lifts for you age so you should have some idea of what is realistic.

Your first goal should be 465/315/525…once you get there. Set the next goals based on how easy or difficult the last ones were. Also, keep a log and see what worked and what didn’t and how long it took. Lastly, spend time building strength not testing it. Don’t go for a max single till 8-10 weeks in…if you’re repping heavier weights = your getting stronger.

Good luck.

Strive for consistent progress in which you a.) are able to train without interruption, b.) improve without sacrificing technique, and c.) don’t place a cap or ceiling on what you’re capable of. If you can do those things, your goal should be simply to improve as much as possible within the year. You’re still so young; just keep improving. Have milestones in mind, but don’t worry about predicting progress.

Since you said this year go for 500/350/585. Good luck with it

Tim

What every goals you set for yourself are the one that are realistic. Do think people like Bennie asked themselves those kind of questions when they pull over 1000 pounds raw. I’ll give you some realistic goals as a raw natural lifter that you should try to hit in this lifetime. 1000/630/1080.

[quote]KeiserWitte wrote:
If one is to aim high in raw natural power lifting what are some good goals to strive for? My weight is 230 and my best lifts are 445/305/505. I am 17 and have been training for about a year and a half. What would be some good goals for the end of this year cause I have high goals but I need something realistic for this year. [/quote]

Post some vids so that the experience pool can help you achieve your goals in a safe and optimum level. If those are real numbers at 17 you have a huge head start and with the knowledge thats around here, whats realistic for you could change from week to week for the better.

For your age those are Huge numbers. Keep setting small goals and in a few years you may have some RAW records under your belt. Search the records database of Natural Raw Federations to see what lifters are lifting at your age and weight.

If those are real numbers, you are really strong for your age. I’m 16 years old and this week I will try 260 in the bench press.
Good luck!

You would be the only one to know your limitations and what to expect. My current goals are 500 Squat and 600 DL raw and under 200. Will I hit them this year? I have no idea but I will continue to work hard and get closer. Always shoot for a PR, whether it’s between a rep range or weight.