Realistic Goals for First Meet

I will be competing in my first meet in Dublin, Tx this coming April. I will be competing in the raw 220 class. As of right now my bench is at 385, squat is at 430, and deadlift is 540. Can you help me set some realistic goals for my first meet which is 4 months out?

[quote]ral1121 wrote:
I will be competing in my first meet in Dublin, Tx this coming April. I will be competing in the raw 220 class. As of right now my bench is at 385, squat is at 430, and deadlift is 540. Can you help me set some realistic goals for my first meet which is 4 months out?[/quote]

What were you lifting 4 months ago? 8 months ago? Are you sure your current lifts will pass in a competition?

Just focus on showing up, not bombing out, and not staying injury free.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Just focus on showing up, not bombing out, and not staying injury free.[/quote]

This. Open with weight you can easily triple.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
not staying injury free.[/quote]

i hope you meant “staying injury free”

LOL

to the op…same as others have said plus have fun

Have a good time, not breaking any records your first meet. Get your feet wet and learn how meets work with this one

I just did my first meet a week ago and honestly I had a huge fear of bombing out because of issues with depth. My realistic goals were 350/240/430 I ended up getting 370/255/415. I got 440 up to my knees pretty quickly but my form broke down and dropped it. Just find your openers and then go from there. I made a 35 pound jump on my squats just cause I was feeling good. That’s the way I look at it.