Realistic Goals After 6 Months?

Hi folks, I just started bodybuilding a few months ago.

My current 1RMs are:

deadlift 155 lbs
squat 135 lbs
benchpress 115 lbs

After 6 months, is it realistic to expect a 120lb improvement?

[quote]dan06 wrote:
Hi folks, I just started bodybuilding a few months ago.

My current 1RMs are:

deadlift 155 lbs
squat 135 lbs
benchpress 115 lbs

After 6 months, is it realistic to expect a 120lb improvement?

[/quote]

in what?
combined? in each?

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
in what?
combined? in each?
[/quote]

In each.

depends on you do you eat big. do you have intensity. do you have a proper training regimine.

squat and deadlift yes if you train hard

Bench press maybe if you weigh over 200 or at least close to it

I’m currently on Rippetoe’s starting strength program.

diet:

1g of protein per lb of body weight (currently 175 lbs)

600 calories above maintenance (maintenance is about 2200 calories)

[quote]dan06 wrote:
I’m currently on Rippetoe’s starting strength program.

diet:

1g of protein per lb of body weight (currently 175 lbs)

600 calories above maintenance (maintenance is about 2200 calories)

[/quote]

Just using average height and an age of 28 your maintenance is easily 3000 cals a day if working out so so.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Just using average height and an age of 28 your maintenance is easily 3000 cals a day if working out so so.[/quote]

MMMMM??? I wouldnt say thats 100% accurate. Just cant I agree most ppl are not getting the progree they require due to diet but hell im 29 today 245+/- and slowly gaining working out damn hard (for me, pulling nearing 7 plates etc) and that on 3600 average 95% clean.

Thats the prob with blanket equations and ppl need to take time to find there maint and eat for their goals. dont be affraid of FAT but hell no need to go friggin crazy either which for some like myself those equations can do

[quote]dan06 wrote:
Hi folks, I just started bodybuilding a few months ago.

My current 1RMs are:

deadlift 155 lbs
squat 135 lbs
benchpress 115 lbs

After 6 months, is it realistic to expect a 120lb improvement?

[/quote]

squat/dead very likely, your bench is quite close to your squatand dead which is crazy, don’t expect similar gains in bench as squat … that is just crazy

maybe bench will go up at half the speed as the others

good on you for doing the rippletoe

[quote]Phill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Just using average height and an age of 28 your maintenance is easily 3000 cals a day if working out so so.

MMMMM??? I wouldnt say thats 100% accurate. Just cant I agree most ppl are not getting the progree they require due to diet but hell im 29 today 245+/- and slowly gaining working out damn hard (for me, pulling nearing 7 plates etc) and that on 3600 average 95% clean.

Thats the prob with blanket equations and ppl need to take time to find there maint and eat for their goals. dont be affraid of FAT but hell no need to go friggin crazy either which for some like myself those equations can do

[/quote]

Phil, you’ve been at this for a while now and you know what works for you. You’ve done a ton of footwork whereas the newbies, epecially ultra newbies, havent. We’re talking about an ultra newbie here. When it comes to newbies, blanket statements work. Just look at the fool in the other thread “Weird Results.” That person is eating 1800-2000 calories a day and burining 1/2 of it doing cardio ALONE.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Phil, you’ve been at this for a while now and you know what works for you. You’ve done a ton of footwork whereas the newbies, epecially ultra newbies, havent. We’re talking about an ultra newbie here. When it comes to newbies, blanket statements work. Just look at the fool in the other thread “Weird Results.” That person is eating 1800-2000 calories a day and burining 1/2 of it doing cardio ALONE.[/quote]

LOL I hear you man and was hesitant about even putting it in then many people get the wrong Idea. well “that guys 245 and gaining so I only need that much” NO I hear you Im doing little to no cardio for my goals etc walking strongman etc. Just mainly tryong to get across that were all different but yes I agree 99% of the posters and even moreso nnow need to learn to friggin eat. My intake at times coming up here was much higher etc

helll hard to explain Just eat the damn stuff if you hit 20+ % dont eat so damn much LOL. Eat to perform and the muscle will follow and soon you’ll have a damngood idea what you need. In this case (food) more is usually always better.

[quote]Phill wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Phil, you’ve been at this for a while now and you know what works for you. You’ve done a ton of footwork whereas the newbies, epecially ultra newbies, havent. We’re talking about an ultra newbie here. When it comes to newbies, blanket statements work. Just look at the fool in the other thread “Weird Results.” That person is eating 1800-2000 calories a day and burining 1/2 of it doing cardio ALONE.

LOL I hear you man and was hesitant about even putting it in then many people get the wrong Idea. well “that guys 245 and gaining so I only need that much” NO I hear you Im doing little to no cardio for my goals etc walking strongman etc. Just mainly tryong to get across that were all different but yes I agree 99% of the posters and even moreso nnow need to learn to friggin eat. My intake at times coming up here was much higher etc

helll hard to explain Just eat the damn stuff if you hit 20+ % dont eat so damn much LOL. Eat to perform and the muscle will follow and soon you’ll have a damngood idea what you need. In this case (food) more is usually always better.
[/quote]

Plus you’re eating a lot of bugs and monkey brains these days. I’m sure your appetite isnt what it should be!

LOL

Thats no lie suckers pack a caloric punch as well :slight_smile:

Im still at a loss to find the caloric intake of bugs, really well bugs me I oose sleep over it you know.

If anyone can tell me the content of .8 grasshopper id love to know.

Thanks guys. Nice to hear that a 5lb improvement per week isn’t unrealistic. This will definitely keep me motivated.

[quote]dan06 wrote:
Thanks guys. Nice to hear that a 5lb improvement per week isn’t unrealistic. This will definitely keep me motivated.

[/quote]

Actually, you can probably expect more than that. I’m a beginner too and for the past couple of months I’ve been upping my squat and dead by about 10# per week.