Real Testosterone or Herb?

BioEntopic Testosterone Creme ingrediants? I am a female and am interested in the libido aspects of testosterone. The synergistic and homeopathy words have me confused as to they use have me wondering if this cream has the right type of testosterone for the job…is it really testosterone or or is this just an herbal supplement??

I would appreciate your help…thanks

Their ad states:
“Testosterone Creme for Women is a potent synergistic formula that combines natural Homeopathy with safe powerful herbal extracts for healthy support of testosterone levels.”

Active ingredients: 5% Testosterone in 10x, 30x and 100x potencies, Somatropin (HGH) in 10x, 30x, and 100x potencies, IGF-1 30x and Pituitary Extract 30x.

Additional ingredients: Deionized Water, Lanol (vegetable origin), Montanov 68 (vegetable origin), Liposome Carrier System, Triple Strength Herbal Complex of: Tribulus Terrestris, Mucuna Pruriens, Saw Palmetto, 1% Micronized Dehydroepiandrosterone, Chrysin, Estrogen Blockers, Natural Omega Oils, Sepigel, Mandarin Red Oil, Germall.

The info comes from these sites…
for female
http://www.911healthshop.com/bitecrforwob.html

Looks exactly like the mens formula
http://www.911healthshop.com/bitecrformen.html

Hey, there, NWL. Welcome to T-Nation. I see it’s your first post. (grin)

First off, I have to say that I have no experience with the product you’re asking about. Generally, I do tend to like homeopathic preparations, but I would ask the company what tests have been done on women (and on how many) and what their before and after testosterone levels looked like.

The problem, further, is that even though bringing T levels up to normal levels (if it were low to begin with) can improve libido, the problem many times lies elsewhere. Starting as early as her 30s, a woman can become what’s called “Estrogen Dominant.” All that means is there is not enough progesterone to balance out estrogen. If that ratio of E2 (estriol) to Pg (progesterone) is corrected, libido often corrects itself without exogenous T supplementation.

All the hormones work together synergistically. Supplementing with testosterone without looking at what else is going on could be compared to stepping hard on the gas pedal of your car when one of the tires is flat. You’ll go faster, but at what price?

If you’d like to educate yourself further on the topic of female hormonal function and balancing, pick up John Lee’s book, “What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause.” It’s actually appropriate for women to read at any age.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.