Real Predators Review! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Bujo wrote:
Haven’t seen the film yet. Debating on hitting the matinee. Need questions answered.

1. Did Fatty Patty Fishburne pwn 3 aliens or 3 Predators?

2-3 Predators[/quote]

Hmmm. Never knew Hostess snack cakes was the preferred food of badasses

[quote]
2. How is the mini-gun operator supposed to be a bad ass if he can’t manage to kill Adrian Brody with a sneak attack and 5000 rounds of ammunition?

He wasn’t actually shooting at Adrian Brody.[/quote]

Hmmm. Ok. Congrats to him for not shooting something he wasn’t aiming at.

[quote]
3. Are the Predators retarded? Is the planet reserved for special-ed Predators? Is that why humans are brought to the planet instead of dropping 1 Predator into unknown territory and watching kill a couple dozen bastards?

Humans are not the only ones brought to the planet. Other aliens are brought to the planet.[/quote]
So are they retarded or not?

[quote]
4. Where does Adrian Brody’s death rank on a scale of “Jumps on a Grenade” to “He was skull-fucked to death by an alien species”?

Adrian doesn’t die.[/quote]
Balls! There goes half the reason I wanted to see this film in the first place.[/quote]

Bujo, watch the movie. Saturday or Sunday afternoon, spend money on a matinee, and enjoy Predators.

Fight scene between Yakuza and Predator:

The Predator didn’t even take the fight seriously until it was too late. Yakuza charged in and tried fighting him up close, which resulted with the Predator blocking every swing and then tossing him 30 feet. At that point, his only option was to charge in and hope for a lucky swing. If the Predator went all out and went for the kill, he would have killed the Yakuza in seconds.

Look at the end of Predator. He didn’t take that fight seriously with Arnold and almost killed him.

If you have a melee weapon in your hand, the Predator will meet you in combat with melee weapons. If you show up with a gun, they will blow you away with a Plasma Caster.

Yeah I think your mistaken about the girl. She wasn’t all emotional about it. She just wanted to be humane, as misplaced as it may be.

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:
Yeah I think your mistaken about the girl. She wasn’t all emotional about it. She just wanted to be humane, as misplaced as it may be.[/quote]

Plus, she mentioned in her backstory how she left her spotter behind and watched him die! And it bothered her.

Movie was like a 4/10.

Entertaining… thats about it.

Used lines from the original.
New lines sucked except for “DIE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT HAHAHAHA” when crazy fuck was shanking the predator.
everyone sucked at aiming for being “professional” killers
the predators sucked more.
they copied the original only this one kind of sucked
morpheus being a super bad ass just gets owned without a fight

balhbalhbalh about a dozen other reasons this movie isn’t worth it.
just find it online… not even worth the 2.50$ i paid (5 dollar movie night + 1/2 off movies with my CC)

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
How can Yakuza be samurai?
[/quote]

The Yakuza is what became of the Samurai after they were no longer needed.[/quote]
Yakuza =/= Samurai

Yakuza are organized crime families and saw their beginnings as small time peddlers, gamblers, or outcast sects. The outcasts were those who dealt with the dead or blood, man or animal, like undertakers and leather workers. These low caste and untouchables would organize into the crime syndicates. These crime syndicates pre-date the abolishment of the samurai caste.

Samurai (more specifically their title, rank, and rights) on the other hand were basically abolished by 1873. Most of them carried on in military service, or sent abroad as emissaries. Samurai, or former Samurai, were generally well educated and became exchange students, teachers, entered government service, or started their on businesses.

The Katana was originally the Samurai’s most iconic weapon. The Yakuza has adopted it for their own purposes. The Katana is both a weapon to instill fear in their enemies and equally the symbol of their own internal disciplinary measures. Cutting off the fingers starting with the pinky reduces one’s sword grip. A weaker sword grip means he must rely more on the group and less upon is own abilities.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

The Predator didn’t even take the fight seriously until it was too late. Yakuza charged in and tried fighting him up close, which resulted with the Predator blocking every swing and then tossing him 30 feet. At that point, his only option was to charge in and hope for a lucky swing. If the Predator went all out and went for the kill, he would have killed the Yakuza in seconds.

Look at the end of Predator. He didn’t take that fight seriously with Arnold and almost killed him.

If you have a melee weapon in your hand, the Predator will meet you in combat with melee weapons. If you show up with a gun, they will blow you away with a Plasma Caster.[/quote]

Why would a Predator half ass anything? They’re fucking Predators. They hunt and kill as efficiently as possible. They have no time to fuck around. There were just so many inconsistencies in this. In Predator 2 they clearly explain that the metal that the Predators weapons are made from are several times stronger than anything humans have, yet a fucking samurai sword can hold off a Predators arm blades? FUCKING WEAK.

Also, it’s clearly stated that a Predator won’t hurt anyone that’s unarmed 'cause it’s not a challenge, yet in this atrocity of a film it happens several times. This movie was so fucking weak it should be yanked and redone immediately. Rodriguez completely fucked this up.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
Haven’t seen the film yet. Debating on hitting the matinee. Need questions answered.

[/quote]

2-3 Predators

He wasn’t actually shooting at Adrian Brody.

Humans are not the only ones brought to the planet. Other aliens are brought to the planet.

Uh, yeah he WAS actually shooting at Brody and Trejo.[/quote]

Brody split off and he stayed on Trejo, obviously since he didn’t see Brody peel back behind him he wasn’t focused on Brody.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[/quote]

2-3 Predators

He wasn’t actually shooting at Adrian Brody.

Humans are not the only ones brought to the planet. Other aliens are brought to the planet.

Uh, yeah he WAS actually shooting at Brody and Trejo.[/quote]

Brody split off and he stayed on Trejo, obviously since he didn’t see Brody peel back behind him he wasn’t focused on Brody.[/quote]

He was shooting at them both initially is what I meant.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

If you have a melee weapon in your hand, the Predator will meet you in combat with melee weapons. If you show up with a gun, they will blow you away with a Plasma Caster.[/quote]

Why would a Predator half ass anything? They’re fucking Predators. They hunt and kill as efficiently as possible. They have no time to fuck around. There were just so many inconsistencies in this. In Predator 2 they clearly explain that the metal that the Predators weapons are made from are several times stronger than anything humans have, yet a fucking samurai sword can hold off a Predators arm blades? FUCKING WEAK.

Also, it’s clearly stated that a Predator won’t hurt anyone that’s unarmed 'cause it’s not a challenge, yet in this atrocity of a film it happens several times. This movie was so fucking weak it should be yanked and redone immediately. Rodriguez completely fucked this up.
[/quote]

What character was unarmed that got fucked up, which character was ever unarmed?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Would you take a human serious if all he had was a sword and was trying to fight you? The Predator would take the fight based on honor, but he knows he’ll win and will string the fight along. Just like in the first Predator movie. There was nothing Arnold could do without weapons.

As far as hunting and killing, the Predators could kill them at any time. When they used Danny Trejo as bait, Predators could have used their Plasma caster to kill at least two of them. But this moving is about the Hunt. They flushed them out, saw how they acted, and when the times comes, the Predators will kill them one by one.

As far as killing unarmed individuals, everyone was armed. Laurence Fishburne was armed when he was blown away. The Russian had a pistol before he was blown away. Also, everyone who was brought to this planet were Top Rated Killers. Special Forces, Spetsnaz, CIA, Yakuza, RUF, Sociopaths, Death Row Inmates. These aren’t helpless individuals.

As far as Katana vs Predator Blade, I see your point. That bothered me to. But watching the fight, the Pred was mostly deflecting the attacks. If he actually started attacking with full force, Predator would break the Katana and the Yakuza’s arm in one swing.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

What character was unarmed that got fucked up, which character was ever unarmed?[/quote]

The serial killer had a fucking scalpel. Anyone here could take it away from him, probably without even getting cut. A Predator would not consider that armed.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Would you take a human serious if all he had was a sword and was trying to fight you? The Predator would take the fight based on honor, but he knows he’ll win and will string the fight along. Just like in the first Predator movie. There was nothing Arnold could do without weapons.

As far as hunting and killing, the Predators could kill them at any time. When they used Danny Trejo as bait, Predators could have used their Plasma caster to kill at least two of them. But this movie is about the Hunt. They flushed them out, saw how they acted, and when the times comes, the Predators will kill them one by one.

As far as killing unarmed individuals, everyone was armed. Laurence Fishburne was armed when he was blown away. The Russian had a pistol before he was stabbed. Also, everyone who was brought to this planet were Top Rated Killers. Special Forces, Spetsnaz, CIA, Yakuza, RUF, Sociopaths, Death Row Inmates. These aren’t helpless individuals.

As far as Katana vs Predator Blade, I see your point. That bothered me to. But watching the fight, the Pred was mostly deflecting the attacks. If he actually started attacking with full force, Predator would break the Katana and the Yakuza’s arm in one swing.[/quote]

If I was a Predator hell yeah I would. Remember in the first Predator when the Indian [drawing a blank on his name, Sunny I think] pulled out his bowie knife to make his stand? Not even 10 seconds passed before we heard him scream. Now, we’re supposed to believe that a Predator is gonna “toy” with someone with a “knife” that’s 3x the size of Sunny’s?

I don’t think a rapist with a shank and a serial killer with a scalpel counts as “armed”. It also irritated me that the skinny inmate could just sneak up on a Predator and shank him several times. I agree that the Predator was mostly deflecting the Yakuza’s attacks, but why?

Why not dispatch of him as quickly as he dispacthes of everything/one else? I don’t know man. Maybe I’m being overly critical, it’s just that I high had really high hopes for this movie and was hoping Rodriguez would inject some life back into the franchise. It was even worse than I feared.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

What character was unarmed that got fucked up, which character was ever unarmed?[/quote]

The serial killer had a fucking scalpel. Anyone here could take it away from him, probably without even getting cut. A Predator would not consider that armed.[/quote]

Why are you so intent on applying logic to a sci fi movie? Especially one that deals with aliens? For all you know Predators don’t think anything like you do, therefore trying to figure /out what you think should be done in the situation is useless as the predator =/= you. Dude, it’s a movie where things are supposed to get blown up and people are supposed to get killed. By your logic, the predators should have just blown up Earth so that they could get the most kills possible.

Things got blown up and people got killed… so mission accomplished.

Are you going to go watch Lord of the Rings and say “WTF why didn’t they just drop the ring into Mordor using the eagles???” If movies were logical, they’d be a lot shorter and the protagonists would be a lot deader.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
If I was a Predator hell yeah I would. Remember in the first Predator when the Indian [drawing a blank on his name, Sunny I think] pulled out his bowie knife to make his stand? Not even 10 seconds passed before we heard him scream. Now, we’re supposed to believe that a Predator is gonna “toy” with someone with a “knife” that’s 3x the size of Sunny’s? I don’t think a rapist with a shank and a serial killer with a scalpel counts as “armed”. It also irritated me that the skinny inmate could just sneak up on a Predator and shank him several times. I agree that the Predator was mostly defecting the Yakuza’s attacks, but why? Why not dispatch of him as quickly as he dispacthes of everything/one else? I don’t know man. Maybe I’m being overly critical, it’s just that I high had really high hopes for this movie and was hoping Rodriguez would inject some life back into the franchise. It was even worse than I feared.[/quote]

Billy was his name.

You forget the Billy was also standing on a log and underneath him was a 200 foot drop. I’m pretty sure the Predator just pushed him off and Billy fell to his death. Plus, this Predator was alone and didn’t have time fuck around. Arnold, latin chick, and random guy were making their way to the extraction point.

In Predators, there’s no where they could have run.

Plus, in Predator, Arnold was being toyed with at the end. He has Arnold’s head in between the blades and then released him. He walked away, stripped off his weapons and face-mask, and then preceded to toy with Arnold.

Predator vs Inmate:

He shot the Inmate with a Plasma blast and thought he was dead. He didn’t realize that the Inmate was wearing Fishburne’s Armor(which is why he survived the blast). And then he was focusing on Adrian Brody for the final kill and got jumped by Inmate. And then Inmate got destroyed.

I’m done debating for now. I gtg.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

The serial killer had a fucking scalpel. Anyone here could take it away from him, probably without even getting cut. A Predator would not consider that armed.[/quote]

Why are you so intent on applying logic to a sci fi movie? Especially one that deals with aliens? For all you know Predators don’t think anything like you do, therefore trying to figure /out what you think should be done in the situation is useless as the predator =/= you. Dude, it’s a movie where things are supposed to get blown up and people are supposed to get killed. By your logic, the predators should have just blown up Earth so that they could get the most kills possible.

Are you going to go watch Lord of the Rings and say “WTF why didn’t they just drop the ring into Mordor using the eagles???” If movies were logical, they’d be a lot shorter and the protagonists would be a lot deader.

[/quote]

No, the point of the movie is that the Predators are the best hunters in the universe. But somehow every silly moment that I brought up actually happened. The explosions and deaths sucked and had no build up or anxiety. Yet somehow some of y’all defend this movie. It’s almost like y’all are arguing just 'cause it had “Predator” in the title and was made by Robert Rodriguez and don’t want to realize how badly it really sucked.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
If I was a Predator hell yeah I would. Remember in the first Predator when the Indian [drawing a blank on his name, Sunny I think] pulled out his bowie knife to make his stand? Not even 10 seconds passed before we heard him scream. Now, we’re supposed to believe that a Predator is gonna “toy” with someone with a “knife” that’s 3x the size of Sunny’s? I don’t think a rapist with a shank and a serial killer with a scalpel counts as “armed”. It also irritated me that the skinny inmate could just sneak up on a Predator and shank him several times. I agree that the Predator was mostly defecting the Yakuza’s attacks, but why? Why not dispatch of him as quickly as he dispacthes of everything/one else? I don’t know man. Maybe I’m being overly critical, it’s just that I high had really high hopes for this movie and was hoping Rodriguez would inject some life back into the franchise. It was even worse than I feared.[/quote]

Billy was his name.

You forget the Billy was also standing on a log and underneath him was a 200 foot drop. I’m pretty sure the Predator just pushed him off and Billy fell to his death. Plus, this Predator was alone and didn’t have time fuck around. Arnold, latin chick, and random guy were making their way to the extraction point.

In Predators, there’s no where they could have run.

Plus, in Predator, Arnold was being toyed with at the end. He has Arnold’s head in between the blades and then released him. He walked away, stripped off his weapons and face-mask, and then preceded to toy with Arnold.

Predator vs Inmate:

He shot the Inmate with a Plasma blast and thought he was dead. He didn’t realize that the Inmate was wearing Fishburne’s Armor(which is why he survived the blast). And then he was focusing on Adrian Brody for the final kill and got jumped by Inmate. And then Inmate got destroyed.

I’m done debating for now. I gtg.[/quote]

That’s right, Billy. Thanks. He wasn’t toying with Arnold, he took off his mask as a sign of respect and wanted to fight him straight up. I know he shot the inmate with the plasma gun, but…Nevermind man. Anything I say y’all are gonna nitpick “you’re taking it too seriously!!! Explosions for the win!!! Die faggot!!! It was awesome!!!” It sucked and made no sense is the bottom line.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the point of the movie is that the Predators are the best hunters in the universe. But somehow every silly moment that I brought up actually happened. The explosions and deaths sucked and had no build up or anxiety. Yet somehow some of y’all defend this movie. It’s almost like y’all are arguing just 'cause it had “Predator” in the title and was made by Robert Rodriguez and don’t want to realize how badly it really sucked.[/quote]

Yes, but if they were the best hunters in the universe and just killed everyone in the opening scene, what would we be left with? What if superman just put on a lead suit and used super speed to kill all the bad guys?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, the point of the movie is that the Predators are the best hunters in the universe. But somehow every silly moment that I brought up actually happened. The explosions and deaths sucked and had no build up or anxiety. Yet somehow some of y’all defend this movie. It’s almost like y’all are arguing just 'cause it had “Predator” in the title and was made by Robert Rodriguez and don’t want to realize how badly it really sucked.[/quote]

Yes, but if they were the best hunters in the universe and just killed everyone in the opening scene, what would we be left with? What if superman just put on a lead suit and used super speed to kill all the bad guys?[/quote]

C’mon man. That has nothing to do with what went on in this movie. We’re supposed to watch the hunt unfold, not watch damn near 2hrs of ridiculous nonsense. I like my completely unbelievable sci-fi movies to have a little believability and continuity. This had neither.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but if they were the best hunters in the universe and just killed everyone in the opening scene, what would we be left with? What if superman just put on a lead suit and used super speed to kill all the bad guys?[/quote]

C’mon man. That has nothing to do with what went on in this movie. We’re supposed to watch the hunt unfold, not watch damn near 2hrs of ridiculous nonsense. I like my completely unbelievable sci-fi movies to have a little believability and continuity. This had neither.[/quote]

I agree that believability and continuity are good, and I’m not saying that you should like this movie. My point is that expecting too much logic out of any movie is not going to leave you happy.