Real Powerlifters or Olympic Weightlifters

has anyone ever found information on how the pros do steroids?

i hear a lot about powerlifters taking test and tren, and seen many weightlifters get busted for dbol, winstrol, deca, etc. but does anyone have info on what exactly they take during training?

Good post. Look up Louie Simmons. I remember seeing a documentary where he is talking about steroids although I don’t believe he states his exact doses. I do believe he said he has been taking test injections for 28 years STRAIGHT though (correct me if I’m wrong but I for some reason remember him saying he has never “off cycled”).

I think it depends on the lifter but I’m sure Dbol, Halotestin, Test are a main staple of the ones that do use steroids.

I train with several powerlifters. There cycles are generally High Tren + DHT derivative + Suspension Pre-Workout or similar. Keep in mind that all 3 of my powerlifting buddies train under the same coach, but High Tren and Test USP Pre-WO (or meet) seems to be the common ground of AAS in powerlifting circles.

Cheers,
-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
I train with several powerlifters. There cycles are generally High Tren + DHT derivative + Suspension Pre-Workout or similar. Keep in mind that all 3 of my powerlifting buddies train under the same coach, but High Tren and Test USP Pre-WO (or meet) seems to be the common ground of AAS in powerlifting circles.

Cheers,
-PTD

[/quote]

Do you know their rationale for include the DHT derivative? I’m not seeing how that contributes to strength gains in my admittedly limited knowledge.

i did a few hours of searching on google and found this.

[quote]
2005 russian doping program.
Before an international competition 10 -15 days out (from WADA test) there are a
Russian dope test.
Athletes discontinue the intake of these drugs, in the following sequence in order to
pass the Russian dope test:
? Methandrostenalone (D-bol) 35 days out
? Oxandrolone (Anavar) 25 days out
? Stanozolol (Winstrol tabs) 30 days out
? Testosterone propionate 10 days out
? Growth Hormone 3 days out
? Proviron 20 days out
? Clenbuterol 20 days out
? Testosterone patches 1-2 days out
If the WADA dope test is, lets say 10 days out, the athlete continues the use of:
? Testosterone Propionate
? Growth hormone
? Testosterone patches
(They stop the intake of them following same scheme written above.)
35 days out of the Russian test, athletes begin taking:
Ecdisten 10tab. x 2 times a day, till the day of the competition. They also use
Creatine, L-Carnitine, amino acids, multivitamins, protein, Inosine and Mildronate -
these is taken during all training process prior to the competition (at least 2 months)
Men
? Methandrostenalone (D-Bol) - cycle 100 tabs. Using 3-4tabs daily (a famous
weightlifter used on his own 200tabs per cycle and was caught at the dope
test, however athletes who used 120tabs passed it).
? Stanozolol tabs. 10-20mg daily Cycle 40-50 days
? Oxandronalone (Anavar) 10-20mg daily Cycle 25-35 days
? Testosterone propionate 100mg every 1-2-3 days Cycle 1-2 months
? Proviron 25mg x 2 times a day Cycle 3-4 weeks
? Clenbuterol 0,04mg x 2-3 times a day Cycle 3-4 weeks
? Growth Hormone 4-5U x 2 times a day Cycle 35-45 days
? Insuline fast acting 10U every day Cycle 35-45 days (GH

Are you wanting to know what pro lifters take, or how they beat tests? Your initial question implies knowing what they take, but the last post sounds like you are wanting help beating a test…

I would like to know how to beat a test. People always talk about masking agents but I can’t seem to find out what they are.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:
Are you wanting to know what pro lifters take, or how they beat tests? Your initial question implies knowing what they take, but the last post sounds like you are wanting help beating a test…[/quote]

what i posted included what they take and how they beat tests. im more interested in what they take. im not strong like them so i dont need to know how to beat tests…

[quote]ThorsWrath wrote:
I would like to know how to beat a test. People always talk about masking agents but I can’t seem to find out what they are.[/quote]

masking agents = diuretics. i dont know how useful they are since they’re also banned and can be easily tested for as well

For what they take. Most powerlifters I know use tren every cycle, or most anyway. Test is usually high, around 750-1500, although there is a low test fad right now where guys are using low test (125-250) and higher doses of other AAS, for example maybe 900-1000mg EQ, mast, or deca. Some even go that high with tren and low test.

A typical AAS cycle though would be something like

12 weeks peaking to a meet
Week 1-12 Test cypionate at 750-1000mg/week
Week 7-12 Oral ( Most do something like one of these examples…dbol@ 30-75mg/day, anadrol@50-100mg/day, var@75-100mg/day, those are the most common that I see) Some also either add 2 weeks of halo at the end at 20mg/day, or they may replace the more common orals used with 4 weeks of halo@20mg/day at the end.

Another injectable is ran along with this often, usually something like
Week 7-12 Tren acetate@ 50-100mg/day
or
Week 1-12 tren E @ 400-800mg/week
or
Week 1-12 EQ @ 400-800/week and/or Week 1-12 Mast E at 400-800/week

Halo, suspension, d-bol, drol, oral tren are all common pre-workout/meet, and for those that have access cheque drops are used pre-competition/training sometimes as well.

That is usually what I see and hear about in powerlifting.

For olympic lifters I hear about most of them sticking to test suspension and things like that which clear faster, but I don’t know as many olympic lifters and they don’t seem as quick to talk about it as powerlifters so I haven’t really learned as much about their drug use.

Most of the top powerlifters don’t have to beat a test because they don’t lift in drug tested federations.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:
For what they take. Most powerlifters I know use tren every cycle, or most anyway. Test is usually high, around 750-1500, although there is a low test fad right now where guys are using low test (125-250) and higher doses of other AAS, for example maybe 900-1000mg EQ, mast, or deca. Some even go that high with tren and low test.

Week 7-12 Oral ( Most do something like one of these examples…dbol@ 30-75mg/day, anadrol@50-100mg/day, var@75-100mg/day, those are the most common that I see) Some also either add 2 weeks of halo at the end at 20mg/day, or they may replace the more common orals used with 4 weeks of halo@20mg/day at the end.

or
or

Halo, suspension, d-bol, drol, oral tren are all common pre-workout/meet, and for those that have access cheque drops are used pre-competition/training sometimes as well.

For olympic lifters I hear about most of them sticking to test suspension and things like that which clear faster, but I don’t know as many olympic lifters and they don’t seem as quick to talk about it as powerlifters so I haven’t really learned as much about their drug use.

Most of the top powerlifters don’t have to beat a test because they don’t lift in drug tested federations.
[/quote]

While I am very far from being an expert, is 750-1500 T not a ridiculously high dosage? I was under the impression that 500 was a good size dosage.

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

or
or

[/quote]

While I am very far from being an expert, is 750-1500 T not a ridiculously high dosage? I was under the impression that 500 was a good size dosage.
[/quote]

500 is good for a first cycle, and most can continue making gains on 500mg for quite awhile. While this is true, many use much higher doses. It all comes down to whether you think the additional sides are worth the additional gains and how well you are personally able to tolerate higher doses.

I have ran 1000mg cyp, added 100mg/day prop 4 weeks out, and another 100mg suspension the last 10 days. So that last 10 days I was at about 2400mg/week of just test. I was also using d-bol, tren and EQ…
The sides just keep getting worse for me, with gains that are no better than at about 1000-1500mg of total androgens a week. Its not uncommon to see shit like that, but I personally don’t feel enough of an extra benefit to justify feeling like shit the whole time so I am keeping it lower now.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

or
or

[/quote]

[/quote]

500 is good for a first cycle, and most can continue making gains on 500mg for quite awhile. While this is true, many use much higher doses. It all comes down to whether you think the additional sides are worth the additional gains and how well you are personally able to tolerate higher doses.

I have ran 1000mg cyp, added 100mg/day prop 4 weeks out, and another 100mg suspension the last 10 days. So that last 10 days I was at about 2400mg/week of just test. I was also using d-bol, tren and EQ…
The sides just keep getting worse for me, with gains that are no better than at about 1000-1500mg of total androgens a week. Its not uncommon to see shit like that, but I personally don’t feel enough of an extra benefit to justify feeling like shit the whole time so I am keeping it lower now.
[/quote]
Lots of good and accurate information right there.

I compete in tested devisions however my training partners (both current world record holders) use very similar cycles.

That halo on meet day really makes them teddy bears to deal with…haha

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

or
or

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Lots of good and accurate information right there.

I compete in tested devisions however my training partners (both current world record holders) use very similar cycles.

That halo on meet day really makes them teddy bears to deal with…haha[/quote]

Personally I prefer a cocktail of shit on meet day. In training the best combo I had was 20mg d-bol, 10mg halo, 250cg oral tren, 100mg suspension, and 25mg anadrol… still not sure why I was too stupid to do that on meet day instead of the 500mcg oral tren, 30mg halo, and 100mg suspension I had through the day.

NOTE: I pretty much completely disregard my health, so don’t take my list of pre-training shit as a suggestion. It is just what I use on days I know I want a big PR. I took that the first time I hit 700 raw, and its been a staple pre-workout regimen ever since, but I try to limit it to 2 times a month. Usually my pre-workout is 20mg d-bol, or if I am about to do an injection before the gym anyway I will throw in 50-100mg suspension.

Are the top guys still cycling, or do they blast and cruise, or do they just stay on for most of the year?

The only PLer whose cycle I have firsthand experience with runs 12 weeks of 1200mg/wk Test E, 300mg/wk Tren A, and 100mg anadrol ED for the last 4 weeks up to the meet. He will also run a cycle of 600mg/wk Test P and NPP (not sure of the dose) in the offseason after a suitable recovery time. We are still pretty new to AAS though.

I am a pretty laid back guy and 25mg dbol TID brings out a level of aggression that I have to work to keep under control - I really want to get some Halo or cheque drops for meet day. I would either hit a massive PR or punch someone in the face or both.

Most guys I know blast/cruise… however you would be surprised to talk to some freakishly strong guys who still cycle, run 1-2 cycles a year, and keep making gains even when they are off. Not naming any names of course, but I always find it surprising. One guy I know runs 2 cycles, 8 weeks each per year. He keeps the total dosage below 1000mg per week, and we will just say he is top 10 in his weight class right now, alltime I believe. His squat and deadlift are ranked in the top 10 all time for sure.

That is definitely not typical though. I would be willing to guess that 90% of the guys that are in the top 20 are doing blast/cruise.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:
Most guys I know blast/cruise… however you would be surprised to talk to some freakishly strong guys who still cycle, run 1-2 cycles a year, and keep making gains even when they are off. Not naming any names of course, but I always find it surprising. One guy I know runs 2 cycles, 8 weeks each per year. He keeps the total dosage below 1000mg per week, and we will just say he is top 10 in his weight class right now, alltime I believe. His squat and deadlift are ranked in the top 10 all time for sure.

That is definitely not typical though. I would be willing to guess that 90% of the guys that are in the top 20 are doing blast/cruise. [/quote]

I know it’s been asked a million times, but…

Have you personally seen guys become dependent on injections after a long time of blast/cruise-ing? Or can you get your natural production back up if you “retired” or whatever?

[quote]ThorsWrath wrote:
I would like to know how to beat a test. People always talk about masking agents but I can’t seem to find out what they are.[/quote]

When I played Football, the talk was about taking birth control pills.
Not sure if there’s any truth to that. I never got caught, but wouldn’t risk taking birth control.

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

That is definitely not typical though. I would be willing to guess that 90% of the guys that are in the top 20 are doing blast/cruise. [/quote]

Have you personally seen guys become dependent on injections after a long time of blast/cruise-ing? Or can you get your natural production back up if you “retired” or whatever?[/quote]

A lot of guys are on hrt that cruise and blast so they never have to worry about coming off.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:

Have you personally seen guys become dependent on injections after a long time of blast/cruise-ing? Or can you get your natural production back up if you “retired” or whatever?[/quote]

A lot of guys are on hrt that cruise and blast so they never have to worry about coming off.

[/quote]

Well sure, yeah… But COULD they is my question.

[quote]want2getlean wrote:

[quote]ThorsWrath wrote:

When I played Football, the talk was about taking birth control pills.
Not sure if there’s any truth to that. I never got caught, but wouldn’t risk taking birth control.[/quote]

Wooft! I wouldn’t fuck around with that shit