Real or More Misinformation?

Just a bit of a troll thread here but when I read it, I could not believe it was on a medical site.

Small quote from the article:

"Psychiatric Effects of Steroids

Psychiatric effects of steroids can include aggression, hostility, violence, mood disturbances such as depression or an abnormally elevated mood, and even psychosis. Psychosis is a serious mental disorder characterized by loss of contact with reality, often with disturbed behavior, hallucinations, paranoia, and other symptoms. Dependence on steroids can occur, and withdrawal symptoms may be seen in some abusers after they stop the drugs."

If I wasn’t so far away, I’d come over there and unleash my rage upon you and your machine.

You’re really surprised?

Misinformation and exaggeration have been rampant about steroids and pretty much any drug that could be a threat to pharmaceutical giants.

When I used superdrol, I experienced withdrawal similiar to that of heroin.

Shakes, insomnia, throwing up… it’s very real.

Real steroids are even worse.

I tell ya what, just this once, as a favor.
If you have any steroids, you can just send them to me, that way you don’t have to experience any of these horrible things.

I’ll dispose of them for you. :slight_smile:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
If I wasn’t so far away, I’d come over there and unleash my rage upon you and your machine.

You’re really surprised?

Misinformation and exaggeration have been rampant about steroids and pretty much any drug that could be a threat to pharmaceutical giants.[/quote]

Well to be honest i have suffered from aggression and depression from androgens - the higher the androgen the higher the risk of psychiatric sides. I know alot dont believe in psychiatric sides of these drugs - claiming “its all in the head” lmao! But for some it is very real, and if someone has schizophrenia or some other psychiatric condition that is dormant - as is the case with these things then i wouldnt be surprised if AAS were capable of bringing about an occurrence.

Admitting this does not mean i am anti steroids, nor does it mean that all steroids are bad or that all people will suffer any one of these sides. Just that “results may vary” - this is common in ALL drugs.

Read any drug info leaflet inside the packaging, and you will see that side effects such as the ones listed HAVE to be listed on the insert.
This is because the MAJORITY of modern day drugs - are bad for you! AAS included FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME.

These sides will have happened to at least one person either during the trials or since, and if it was during the trials then the pharm company nvolved will have spent millions of dollars trying to find a loophole where they wouldn’t have to admit to it.

Google seroxat and Glaxo-Smith kline for fucks sake.

I am a realist not a pessimist nor optimist.

I know what i am taking and why - i do not lie to myself, only you. :wink:

JJ

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

Just a bit of a troll thread here but when I read it, I could not believe it was on a medical site.

Small quote from the article:

"Psychiatric Effects of Steroids

Psychiatric effects of steroids can include aggression, hostility, violence, mood disturbances such as depression or an abnormally elevated mood, and even psychosis. Psychosis is a serious mental disorder characterized by loss of contact with reality, often with disturbed behavior, hallucinations, paranoia, and other symptoms. Dependence on steroids can occur, and withdrawal symptoms may be seen in some abusers after they stop the drugs."

[/quote]

Nubain.

[quote] JJ wrote:
Well to be honest i have suffered from aggression and depression from androgens - the higher the androgen the higher the risk of psychiatric sides. I know alot dont believe in psychiatric sides of these drugs - claiming “its all in the head” lmao! But for some it is very real, and if someone has schizophrenia or some other psychiatric condition that is dormant - as is the case with these things then i wouldnt be surprised if AAS were capable of bringing about an occurrence.[/quote]

I too am not denying the existence of sides, but I think we can agree that the medical community and media grossly exaggerate them.

I agree, that article was shit, but there’s truth in SOME steroids increasing aggression in SOME people.

There’s a middle ground. Cheque Drops, Halotestin, Trenobolone, and Masteron among others are known for increasing aggression. Some people just can’t tolerate them, and knowing their personality have to stay away.

Testosterone and Dianabol generally increase well-being, and decrease irritability in most people. Other steroids are more mood neutral.

The cop in question was probably high on something else and/or had prior psychiatric problems.

Personally, like Dopa said, I feel amazing on Testosterone, even on high doses (750-1000mg).

Masteron does not make me anymore aggressive than test, even doses up to 500mg, and generally helps me to feel amazing in the gym and puts my sex drive through the roof.

Tren, as I have recently discovered, makes me very aggressive (ran approx 800mg w/500mg of Test) but not beyond control. I feel AAS is a piss poor excuse for irrational behavior.

Now, all this may be due to the fact that I am typically pretty mellow. But how much can you really blame on AAS. I have seen women with PMS cause more damage than guys on 1000mg of Test.

Its always amazing to me the amount of misinformation there is still floating around about AAS and its effects. I think it says something loud and clear about the state of, not only education in America, but the desire to learn and self educate beyond the blurbs we read in the paper or magazines or see on the television. Three sources of information that have circumvented books and research in the self educational process.

[quote]W.H.B. wrote:
Personally, like Dopa said, I feel amazing on Testosterone, even on high doses (750-1000mg).

Masteron does not make me anymore aggressive than test, even doses up to 500mg, and generally helps me to feel amazing in the gym and puts my sex drive through the roof.

Tren, as I have recently discovered, makes me very aggressive (ran approx 800mg w/500mg of Test) but not beyond control. I feel AAS is a piss poor excuse for irrational behavior.

Now, all this may be due to the fact that I am typically pretty mellow. But how much can you really blame on AAS. I have seen women with PMS cause more damage than guys on 1000mg of Test.

Its always amazing to me the amount of misinformation there is still floating around about AAS and its effects. I think it says something loud and clear about the state of, not only education in America, but the desire to learn and self educate beyond the blurbs we read in the paper or magazines or see on the television. Three sources of information that have circumvented books and research in the self educational process.[/quote]

I would have to agree. The thing I can’t believe is that Dr’s are going to be swayed by this misinformation. I mean these people are suppose to know better then anyone else regarding AAS. And yet on a medical site here we have misinformation being spread around like it is common knowledge. I guess the misinformation machine attacks from all angles.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I would have to agree. The thing I can’t believe is that Dr’s are going to be swayed by this misinformation. I mean these people are suppose to know better then anyone else regarding AAS. And yet on a medical site here we have misinformation being spread around like it is common knowledge. I guess the misinformation machine attacks from all angles.[/quote]

I spoke with a friend a month or so ago. He was waiting about an hour or so to be seen at a general practitioner’s office. He was dumbfounded at the amount of drug representatives that walked through the door during that single hour. It would appear to me that the medical profession is driven by the pharmaceutical companies. When I first started a statin for high cholesterol, I walked out of the office with a bag full of free samples given to the doc by a rep.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
I would have to agree. The thing I can’t believe is that Dr’s are going to be swayed by this misinformation. I mean these people are suppose to know better then anyone else regarding AAS. And yet on a medical site here we have misinformation being spread around like it is common knowledge. I guess the misinformation machine attacks from all angles.

I spoke with a friend a month or so ago. He was waiting about an hour or so to be seen at a general practitioner’s office. He was dumbfounded at the amount of drug representatives that walked through the door during that single hour. It would appear to me that the medical profession is driven by the pharmaceutical companies. When I first started a statin for high cholesterol, I walked out of the office with a bag full of free samples given to the doc by a rep. [/quote]

I could remember when I first started to really feel the effects of low test. My Dr wanted to put me on Paxil. I was really paying attention that day cause I seen Paxil on a note pad he had. A coffee cup had the name on it. Pamphlets on the drug. He and I thought I was depressed so it seemed logical to take it. It was the worst drug I ever put in my body. I never ever ever want that shit near me again. Point is I think he was convinced that this drug was the complete solution to my issue. Then after I stopped the meds myself after 2 days I thought about it. He must of had some drug rep telling him to dish out scripts for this crap. I think its a conflict of interest when drug reps are visiting Dr’s. I see they need to get there meds out there and known to Dr’s. But there has to be a better way of doing it. It just seems wrong and shady.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I could remember when I first started to really feel the effects of low test. My Dr wanted to put me on Paxil. I was really paying attention that day cause I seen Paxil on a note pad he had. A coffee cup had the name on it. Pamphlets on the drug. He and I thought I was depressed so it seemed logical to take it. It was the worst drug I ever put in my body. I never ever ever want that shit near me again. Point is I think he was convinced that this drug was the complete solution to my issue. Then after I stopped the meds myself after 2 days I thought about it. He must of had some drug rep telling him to dish out scripts for this crap. I think its a conflict of interest when drug reps are visiting Dr’s. I see they need to get there meds out there and known to Dr’s. But there has to be a better way of doing it. It just seems wrong and shady. [/quote]

Yup - exactly what I was thinking. The docs seem to push what’s ‘hot’ in the eyes of the pharma companies, instead of what would benefit you.

Aside from the obvious symptoms, it pays to know what your possible remedies are before you go to the doctor, just so you don’t end up feeling worse, like you did.

The most unfortunate part is what you experienced looks like the norm. It’s no wonder crap like that article gets published.