"Real Food" by Nina Planck

Just wondering if anyone else had read Nina Planck’s book “Real Food: What You Should Eat and Why.” I’m a little less than halfway through it and so far I’m pretty impressed. When I first started it I thought it was going to be full of half-baked, crackpot, “hippie” ideals about organic food and whatnot, but it’s surprisingly scientific and well document (take that with a grain of salt, I haven’t actually checked any of the studies she references, but there are a lot of them). She thoroughly discusses grass-fed vs. grain/corn fed beef and milk, pastured poultry and pork, wild vs. farm raised fish, organic fruits and veggies, etc… Definitely a good read so far.

Sounds like a really good read - I’m going to the library tomorrow. Ever since I’ve started reading T-Nation, I’ve found myself evermore interested in nutrition. I’m in 2nd year Undergrad doing a Health Sciences Major and I think I’m definately going to find some nutrition classes to take in the near future.

Working in a lab studying Health and Nutrition would be my dream come true next summer :).