Real Estate Investors

Any real estate investors out here in T-Nation?

I just got involved this year and am looking to expand my horizons with different type projects and stratedgies.

I simply want to see if there is anyone who is interested in bouncing ideas off one another. Or someone who is much more experienced who can shed some light in this field of investing.

Thanks!

I have a few properties. I’m not looking to buy anything right now because I think we will see a decline for the next year or so.

I’m not selling anything either, for the same reason.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

I just got involved this year and am looking to expand my horizons with different type projects and stratedgies.

I simply want to see if there is anyone who is interested in bouncing ideas off one another. Or someone who is much more experienced who can shed some light in this field of investing.

Thanks![/quote]

Surf around here, you can find lots of great info.

OMG, you turn to the DARK SIDE!!!

Most of our properties are commercial real estate. Primarily office, one small shopping center and one residential piece.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]

???

orion wrote:

???[/quote]

Corporations, capitalism, ownership is practically theft…

I am just yanking your chain, if you are succesful with this you`ll be a libertarian/conservative in no time.

You might even start/own one of them greedy companies…

Thanks![/quote]

I have been doing some online investing over the past 12 months and have found 3 that are giving good monthly returns. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is another way of bringing in some money.

I have been investing for a few years .

Sir-Mix-a-Lot says one of the guys in his posse is doing well at it.

[i]Larry is the white guy
People think he’s funny
A real estate investor
Who makes a lot of money

Sir-Mix-a-Lot – Posse On Broadway

[/i]

I have a mix of properties, units, houses (old & new) in various states around Australia.
It’s been good for us in terms of capital growth. Our market, in general, is not in a growth stage but this is a great time to buy. Actually I think anytime is a great time to buy but my strategy is to never sell, so it means far less to me if I pay a little too much.
I paid about 10,000 too much for 1 place but it’s growth over 3 years was in excess of 250,000, so I’m not one of those people who think you have to wait for the right market, right price, right weather etc. Just do it.

My next ventures will be in development of some units or duplexes perhaps.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
orion wrote:

???

Corporations, capitalism, ownership is practically theft…

I am just yanking your chain, if you are succesful with this you`ll be a libertarian/conservative in no time.

You might even start/own one of them greedy companies…[/quote]

I’m libertarian on most social issues and more social on economics. I have no retirement at all and seeing how I’ll be turning 38 this week I need to do something about this. I asure you I won’t be reverting back to that side ever.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Sir-Mix-a-Lot says one of the guys in his posse is doing well at it.

[i]Larry is the white guy
People think he’s funny
A real estate investor
Who makes a lot of money

Sir-Mix-a-Lot – Posse On Broadway

[/i]
[/quote]

Damn, I just saw this thread and it’s title and so badly wanted to post something about “Larry.” You beat me to it. That’s what I get for having a busy week.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I have been investing for a few years .[/quote]

What type? Do you do rehabs and then sell for a profit or maybe rent? Pre-construction, foreclosures, REO’s?

[quote]duke wrote:
I have a mix of properties, units, houses (old & new) in various states around Australia.
It’s been good for us in terms of capital growth. Our market, in general, is not in a growth stage but this is a great time to buy. Actually I think anytime is a great time to buy but my strategy is to never sell, so it means far less to me if I pay a little too much.
I paid about 10,000 too much for 1 place but it’s growth over 3 years was in excess of 250,000, so I’m not one of those people who think you have to wait for the right market, right price, right weather etc. Just do it.

My next ventures will be in development of some units or duplexes perhaps.

[/quote]

Re these basically single family homes?

[quote]wan2lrn wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:

Thanks!

I have been doing some online investing over the past 12 months and have found 3 that are giving good monthly returns. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is another way of bringing in some money.

[/quote]

Can you give me some detail on “online investing”?

I am one year younger than you as I just turned 37 last week. I began this online investing for the same reason as you, to help in my retirement and it is actually going to speed things up for me.

You have to be very careful with online investing as 99.9% of these investments are scams. The one group I am dealing with is unbelievable. If you are interested, send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.

I am not allowed to post actual returns so all I can tell you is they average 2 digit returns per month.

I am 38 just bought a house in March with my wife and it is accruing value nicely.

I am looking at a rental property. (1br condo) hoping to find a long term tenant for it or hope to do a lease to own deal on a larger 2br property.

Has anyone had experiences good or bad with lease to own deals or section 8 tenants.

Raw land. They aren’t making any more of it, you don’t have to deal with tenants, no maintenance, no depreciation, no hassle. But don’t forget to get a liability umbrella policy on it. It cost me $7.00 to extend my $5 million policy from my home to investment land.

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
Raw land. They aren’t making any more of it, you don’t have to deal with tenants, no maintenance, no depreciation, no hassle. But don’t forget to get a liability umbrella policy on it. It cost me $7.00 to extend my $5 million policy from my home to investment land.[/quote]

Wow, that’s pretty nice!