Real Dumb Question About Juice (Not THAT Juice!)

There are these fruit juice drinks by ESSN that taste real good.

Problem is that they contain a lot of “sugars” in the carbohydrate portion of the label.

It’s supposed to be “all natural” and all that shit but is REAL fruit juice okay on ANY level or is it always to be avoided?

I think I already know the answer because I haven’t had any juice in years until I had ONE of these a couple of days ago.

Thanks y’all…

The only place it might make sense is post workout. I tend to avoid them. I would rather eat my carbs than drink them.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
The only place it might make sense is post workout. I tend to avoid them. I would rather eat my carbs than drink them. [/quote]

I agree with Zap. Why would you want to drink your carbs when you can eat them and really enjoy them?

Zap, I like the new avatar. Cracked me up when I finally read what was on the bottom.

Drinkable carbs can be just as enjoyable.

I think it depends on your diet. For instance, fruit drinks would be good vehicle for creatine if you take it.

“All natural” is a term that is thrown around too much these days in the food industry (and supplements as well)

that fruit juice may contain “all natural” glucose, fructose and sucrose from actual fruit (no “concentrate”) but it’s still going to screw up your insulin sensitivity because of the lack of fiber

it reminds me of those people who see a product containing HFCS and respond with “just drink something sweetened with cane sugar instead it’s way better for you”