Real Cause of Borrenson's Death?

Anybody know the REAL cause of Paul Borrenson’s death. I read where it was from a “recreational drug” which I assume to be an opiate based substance.

Thanks bros!

I don’t know Test. Have you ever seen one of his cycles? Completely insane! Maybe he did die from recreational drug use, but I’m sure the juice didn’t help matters. Anyone else got an opinion?

[quote]TONEdef wrote:
I don’t know Test. Have you ever seen one of his cycles? Completely insane! Maybe he did die from recreational drug use, but I’m sure the juice didn’t help matters. Anyone else got an opinion?[/quote]

U gotta be at the very least partially correct. Yea I read an EXCELLENT article …again HERE on T-Nation)interviewing Borrenson and he claims a 94lb weight gain in 9 months…<absolutely INSANE w/out a doubt.

I sure would like to know whether he died of heart attack or stroke. I’m sure juice was definitely a factor. He advocated a “layoff” of 3 wks then returning to juice use…CRAZY!!!

I remember trying to tally up the amount of juice that would be in your system on a PB stack and it worked out around 15000mg+ of steroids in your body mid-cycle (though his cycles were all relatively short). But cmon 15000mg!!! I know the pros push the accepted envelope of what’s considered normal, but that’s way, way, way, out there.

wow thats alot

Anyone have any pics of this guy. Ive searched the internet hard, I cant find any.

^ I’d like to see that too. I heard Jeep Swenson followed his advice.

[quote]TestOnly wrote:
^ I’d like to see that too. I heard Jeep Swenson followed his advice.[/quote]

Yeah and look what happened to him, dead at 40 (though I believe he liked to party as well! Allegedly a big time coke user).

I tried to find pics of Borrenson, but his old website is down and has been for a while.

Article by Paul Borrenson
The following article was written by the late Paul Borrenson. .

Does the human race not strive for the security of mediocrity. It takes courage to stand out, to be different. To be controversial. Here I am perhaps a controversial amongst controversial’s. Nobody would notice you if you where small. I guess you can live with a little attention.

Nobody is going to notice me if I rehash other peoples ideas. Guess I can live with that. I have worked hard for more than a decade coaching and learning to get to where I am now. I have pretty much personally experienced everything I write about. If I cannot defend it I will not say it.

If you have the knowledge to make you a 200 LB man then a 230 LB man will have controversial things to say and all the little 200 LB people will criticize the lone 230 LOB person. This is simply an extension of the drive for mediocrity.
Neitzce said:

THAT YOU CAN DETERMINE THE WEAKNESS OF A MANS PERSONALITY BY THE AMOUNT OF CRITISISM THAT COMES FROM HIS MOUTH.

I moved to a new house in country with my wife and children. Bought myself that Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy and completed The Stack Book. I finally managed to read The History Of Western Philosophy after 3 years, trained ate, slept and attended to my business.

I imagine a dog with a bowl of chicken happily eating its food when three other dogs come along and start growling. They want the food. If the dog looks up from its meal and growls back at one of the dogs the other two will move in and steal the food.

The dog with the chicken needs to keep his head down and continue eating. Eventually the other dogs will start fighting amongst themselves or move onto another potential victim.

This is an important lesson. If you are to truly succeed as a bodybuilder then you need to keep your eyes well and truly focused on your bowl of food. Focus, do not let things distract you from achieving your objectives. Before we get into hard core use of pharmaceuticals lets agree for the thousandth time that you have to eat every couple of hours, consume plenty of quality protein, train your butt off in the gym. Go to bed early each night.

Success is about being a participator rather than a spectator in your own life. Successful people do not stay up all night wrapped up in mindless gossip. They eat and get to bed.
From a platform of doing the basics we can open our eyes and our minds to untold possibilities. Scary stuff for the uninitiated. Remember the first time you injected yourself.

Scary at the time and now you probably think nothing of it. Well, perhaps it is time to scare you again.

Extreme dose use of anabolic steroids does occur. It was inevitable given the mentality of us bodybuilders. I talk daily to people using 1- 5 grams a week. Not just the odd person hundred of people.

I am not advocating such use. However, I will tell you how it is done.

First it is not done all the time. It is a now and then stack to blast through sticking points. I am a part of a scientific study at The University Of South Glamorgan in Cardiff. WE are looking at long term steroid users and assessing their health over many parameters. The people that have injured themselves are the people that stay on small to moderate doses all of the time. Later in the year Fergal Grace and myself with have a few papers published supporting my claim.

I believe but do not as yet have the scientific evidence to support me that. High dose short duration cycles are much less harmful than longer moderate or even low dose courses.

I propose 15 - 30 day cycles with doses 1,000 mg a day.

Understand this, a course of this magnitude will produce rapid tissue gain and contradict much of what you currently believe. The possibility of it will attacked by skinny old men an ex champions alike. I say this, unless you have tried it do not knock it.

You are not going to hurt yourself in 25 days. If you keep a watch for the danger signs such as rising blood pressure you can make appropriate adjustments as you go along. After such a stack I would have 15 days clear. The stack should be designed in such as way that the gear eliminates as the off period begins.
I would then do a consolidation programme low dose. Under 1 mg per kg bodyweight per day for 6 weeks. The cycle logic I proposed in my first book The Anabolic Edge. Then I would have a 30 day break.

I believe that breaks longer than 30 days are unproductive. However, not having the breaks at all is downright stupid.
In our new book The Stack Book (the alpha session) Bill and I have a 10 point countdown before starting any programme let alone a big one.

Preparation is everything. I imagine an airplane ready to take off. It starts up it engine, taxis out onto the run way and builds up speed. All the while the pilot initiates pre-flight checks. If anything is wrong the plane aborts.

Too often we rush into programmes without adequate preparation and the plan comes crashing down.
Health matters. Sick people cannot possibly grow. So, if you are going to seriously have a crack at one of my short duration high dose programmes do the preflight checks first.

PREFLIGHT CHECKS COUNTDOWN TO THE STACKS???..

Diet is good: lots of protein, balanced nutrition, not an entirely liquid diet. Any protein supplements, not whey alone, but blends of different isolates.

Getting plenty of quality rest. A good 8 hours every night. If not, then this could be the first pharmaceutical step you should consider. Something to help you sleep. Once you go on a stack this will get even harder. Unless you sleep well, in which case leave well alone, augment your sleep with a safe option.
Absolutely never use GHB?

This is no bodybuilding drug and has screwed up more people that Cannabis and Nubain put together. I despise all of these drugs. I was once addicted to nubain and it crept up on me and swallowed me whole for a while.
GHB does stimulate serotonin and this makes for a little GH production, but it stimulates considerably more cortisol and this makes for the big muscle shrink.

I prefer a simple benzodiazapene taken intermittently to avoid the possibility of dependence. Twice or three times a week when you really need it. Products of choice are -
Lorazepam 50mg aka Seresta, aka oxazepan.
Diazepam 10-15 mg.
Nitrazepam 50mg.

Tamazipam lingers the next day too much.
Another possibility is a good hypnotic which puts you to sleep but wears off once you are in deep sleep. These are non-addictive.

Zopiclone
Benzo’s are the world’s ultimate GH stimulators as well. You must be careful to not take them then go out. Be strict on yourself and have deliberate nights when you do and do not use them. I use them after back and legs.

Stay away from the latest Hypnoval craze, you lose time on this drug and do not use Nubain under any circumstances, it is insidious and horrible and has ruined more bodybuilders than I can remember.

There is no point starting the stack if you cannot get to the gym over the next few weeks. Select a stack that is appropriate to your imminent lifestyle. Likewise, if you are injured or your wife is about to have a baby. Think before you launch before you press the fire button on the stack rocket. Are all systems go ?

Health. Are you ill ? If so, is it something that will clear up with a good course of antibiotics ? Remember, a gear course will first drop your immune system, so if you are sick now you will be worse shortly after and this will crash the rocket.

Most infections can easily be killed off using a course of antibiotics. Indeed there is the high possibility that you are low grade. What do I mean by this ?

Low grade means that you carry a virus in your body at a level, which your immune system can control but it cannot put out the fire.
A good friend of mine called Mick had not gained for two years. He was unmotivated, having problems sleeping and feeling very low.

I studied his blood test and I suspected that he was low grade, his thyroid was low to mid-normal and his globulin was elevated, a clear sign of someone fighting an infection.
Mick took Inosine Pranobex for 20 days, 4 tablets a day. He has gained over 40 LB in the year since and his life changed within a week for the better. He had been low grade.

Inosine Pranobex fortifies the immune system against viral infection and I use a course twice a year or if I am run down cannot shake off a virus.
For general bacterial infections antibiotics are a must.

My preferences are: Doxycyline, 100mg per day.
Otherwise amoxicillin 3 times, 500mg per day combined with tetracycline which kills one particular anaerobe that amoxicillin cannot get.
For abscesses, you cannot beat Augmentin, which is far superior to fluhroxicillin; the cheaper alternative.

Finances: be sure that you can afford the stack you are about to undertake. There is no point over-stretching yourself and not having enough money to eat. I believe that the runway ahead should be clear from the start. I like to have everything I am going to need ready in my special cupboard at the start. This way you can always build little pyramids with the gearboxes and castles with the protein tubs.

Remove All demotivators. There are things that will bring our rocket down onto the ground . For the most part these are optional wrong choices that we are making in our daily lives and these must be eliminated immediately if we are truly hardcore and really going for the finish line. Cannabis is one of the worst drugs for bodybuilding that I can think of.

It is the single most potent demotivator. Do not tell me that it stimulates androgen production or that it chills you out. I have seen a cannabis addict tear up his floorboards looking for something he had hidden.
Cannabis produces oestrogen, fact of life.

Cannabis negatively affects the part of the mind that motivates us into taking action. It makes you do nothing when you should do something. Its users are prone to mood swings, irrational behavior, temper tantrums and worst of all a higher chance of bacterial infections.
Nubain. Second worst on the list.

This is an opiate and single handedly destroyed an enormous section of British bodybuilding. It creeps up slowly on the users until they get needle frenzy and all the other aspects of an addiction .

I personally needed a week in detox to get rid of this stuff. Which is the only time I have been in detox, but it shows the extent of the Nubain problem. I entered with innocence thinking all those years ago that it suppressed my cortisol levels. It took me in, chewed me up and spat me out and I was still kicking and screaming.

GHB. Of late many people are getting GHB addiction and they are harder to deal with than straight heroin addicts. The users cannot feel good, no matter what they do, because they cannot produce enough seretonin. It appears that the damage is permanent and the only possible way back once you are really hooked is methadone.

People started having little sips throughout the day, which makes them, feel positive and more confident. This is similar to a cocaine addiction in perception and considerably worse because there is a genuine physical dependence with GHB.

ALCOHOL?.The most obvious demotivator. I am not against the odd drink, but if you are going on a course and taking the risks involved there is no place for drinking.

Even the best-laid plans of men can go wrong. Commit yourself now to your plan and be prepared to make adjustments. Have definite goals for what you are about to do. You should know where you should be at any given time or date. If you fall behind you must know how the stack works and why it works and make the appropriate adjustment.

Chart your course, navigate the way ahead and you will be on course, stay on course and arrive at your destination.

POSITIVE ATTITUDE?..Be wary of people that will try to throw your rocket off course. Often these will be those closest to you. I find it better to keep quiet about what I am doing until I have done it. Negative people and negative thoughts must be thrown overboard right now.

SUPPORT SYSTEMS. I rely heavily on my family and they enable me to realize all that I achieve and succeed in. Even the writing of this book, right now my wife is keeping the children happy in the other room. This is a part of my support system. My friend Kevin is collecting me for training in an hour, My staff help take phone calls so that I can write the book. These support systems are vital and you need to know and plan to make sure they are all “on-line”.

If everything goes wrong be prepared to make a conscious decision to abort early. If you fall ill or your dog gets sick and you cannot leave his side, then stop immediately regroup and start again later. The decision to abort should be made earlier rather than later. Do not press on regardless if the plane is going to come down, land now, not later.

Of course with all being well this will not be the case.

EXAMPLE OF A HIGH DOSE SHORT DURATION STACK

18 DAYS IN A MASSAGE PARLOUR STACK
This is a sophisticated stack and I wrote it for a current Mr. Universe to enable this person to gain more mass over the Christmas period. We use this stack on the back of a successful period of gains after competition. This is the second course for Mr. Universe since the show so his bodyweight has reached a plateau and something new and juicy is required to get things moving.

There is a need for oestrogen buffering firstly it is a good anti-catabolic strategy but also to keep control of the androgenic effects of the steroid aspects of this cycle.

EACH DAY:
40mg Tamoxifen
1 Diazide tablet
Armidex 2 times 2mg per day
ANABOLIC

Two simple strategies were used. Insulin in the form of 30 IU Insulinard taken first thing in the morning rising by 5 IU a day until the peak of 55 IU was achieved. This does deliver a large dose of rapid acting insulin in the first 90 minutes as Insulintard is 30 percent fast acting. For this reason Mr. universe has to eat directly after taken the shot and again an hour later.

Large meals with a total of 200 grams of carbohydrates which a 800 Kcals straight off.
Growth hormone taken in two microcyles throughout the 18 days of the cycle.
Days 5,6,7,8 4 IU each day take as two divided doses of 2 IU.

Days 12,13 8 IU taken as four divided doses of 2 IU
Also T3 at a small dose of 25 MCG a day was recommended. " days on one days off this is purely to increment metabolic activity.
THE ANTICATABOLIC ASPECT
We took 2 bottles of Capristan The real product. Both had 50 ML
ONLY AVAILABLE FROM MYSELF AT THE MOMENT.

We called them bottles A and B:

BOTTLE A
We added
20 ML Deca 2,00
20 ML Primo Depot
10 ML Test propionate

BOTTLE B
We added
20 Ml Testosterone Enanthate
20 Ml Sustanon
10 Ml Testosterone Propionate
This is how the course was structured. Remember this is a big man. Over 330 LB in good condition so you have to adjust accordingly?..

ALL SHOTS ARE LOCATED
DAYS 1- 5
10 Ml bottle A per day. Taken as 4 2.5 ML shots located.
DAYS 6-12
5 Ml bottle A and 5 Ml bottle B taken each day.
DAYS 13 - 18
10 Ml Bottle B taken each day??.

I hope that you enjoy my material and if my work is appreciated
Thank you for the support and I look forward to flying to South Carolina later in the year for the hardest hitting seminar, we will try to stop the world from going round that day. I also have an on-line seminar coming up and if you watch the pages of this magazine they will keep you posted. Whatever you do, don’t let the human drive for mediocrity slow you down. Decide for yourself.

PAUL R BORRESEN

Fucking incredible…THANKS bro!!!

nterview with Paul Borreson Part I

When the opportunity arose for me to interview Paul Borreson, I had mixed emotions. For personal reasons, I did want to talk to the man. Having heard so much about him, I wanted to hear the devil speak for myself. Many people that I respect do not like Paul Borreson. Trevor Smith, Ian Harrison, even Dorian Yates himself have told me less than flattering stories about this man.

Paul is certainly no stranger to controversy. His educational background has been questioned. His methods have been called irresponsible and unsafe. I don’t know what I expected to hear when I spoke to Paul Borreson, but I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised by the time I got off the phone.

I don’t know if Paul has any of the degrees he claims. I don’t know if he has an ongoing drug habit like many claim. I do know that the man I talked to seem lucid, intelligent, and very passionate about the sport of bodybuilding.

The fact that I’m even printing this is going to piss some people off. Oh well. Quite frankly, my responsibility to my readers far outweighs any ties of friendship I have with people who might feel offended that I’m giving Paul a forum. I’m not endorsing Paul Borreson by printing this article, however, I’m not going to condemn the man until he does something to me personally that warrants such an attitude. You can read the interview and make up your own mind about Paul Borreson. Without further ado, here we go!

AE: Paul, how are you?

PB: I’m well actually, I just got back from training. I got my photos back from my photo shoot with Simon Cohen.

AE: You did get them back?

PB: Yeah, I got them back. There going to go on my web page tomorrow, it will probably be Wednesday by the time Richard gets them, he’ll email the shots of Simon and I training, it will put to rest the rumors that I’m weighing 220 lbs.

AE: I look forward to getting them. How’s training going?

PB: It’s good, it’s the best it’s ever been. Remember, I did break my back two years ago and I’ve got this titanium implant called a Moss Cage. Basically it’s a metal vertebrate. So to be back up at this weight without my back aching is great.

AE: How does that affect your training?

PB: I have to be lifted on and off the bench. When I’m laying flat on my back I can’t really sit up so my training partner picks me up and he hands me the dumbbells. I just have to be cautious. I train with very high intensity, so I always do a first set of 50-60 repetitions. If I’m doing chest for example, I’ll do 60 repetitions of flyes, if I’m doing legs I’ll do 60 reps on the leg extension to pre-exhaust the muscle. That way the weight I end up using is more manageable. I find I get better results training in that fashion anyway.

AE: That’s the way I train too.

PB: You train doing an isolation movement first?

AE: I train using pre-exhaustion with an isolation movement and then move on to a rest-pause type workout after that.

PB: I find that’s a much better way of doing it.

AE: So, are you ready to get started?

PB: You go for it!

AE: First question, why do you recommend such high doses of gear?

PB: Right, you must put what I say in perspective. Firstly, I just wrote a new book called the Stack Book and it explains my logic. I don’t advocate high dosages all the time, I advocate high dose, short duration courses from time to time. Now that is very different than what people are getting by taking what I say out of context.

I believe that when you get stuck, your body hits a set point, and the support systems can’t handle you getting any higher. You only have so much vascular supply, so much nervous tissue supply to the muscle. The way to get through that is to do a short duration, high dose course, as high as 1,000 mg/day. Maybe even slightly beyond that, but for 18, maximum 24 days.

AE: So this is something you recommend on an intermittent basis, when you hit a sticking point you would advocate a course of this nature. Normally the kind of courses you recommend are not as high?

PB: If you read my book, the Anabolic Edge, I generally advocate 1 mg per kilo or bodyweight per day. So, a 100 kilo man, that would be 700 mg per week. That’s a very general stack that I recommended in my book. Now, I wrote my book, so I can quote myself on that (laughing). Unfortunately, things are taken out of context. You see, I know people who use high dose stack courses for short periods.

So I looked into them, I tried them, and it was very successful. You can gain a lot of muscle in very short periods, but you can’t sustain that kind of growth, otherwise we’d all be 400 lbs. You can go up a lb a day for 10 days, but it’s harder to do it for 20 days, and almost impossible for 30 days. However, by doing this, you break through new weight barriers.

If I strapped a lb of steak to your back, you’d have a lb more muscle, but it wouldn’t last. There’s no way of communicating with it via the nervous system, no way to feed it in terms of a blood supply. The way to do it too is rapidly take your weight up which forces the support systems to rise to meet it. That’s the idea behind high dose, short-term courses.

I advocate someone use a cycle like this once, twice, maybe three times a year. If you stay on that dose all the time, your body will try to adapt to it, try to detoxify it and you’ll get sick.

AE: So two, three times a year you’re using incredibly high dosages, for the rest of the year using?

PB: Moderate dosages and having rest periods. So if I was coaching you and you were stuck, we do blood work and everything is healthy, I would put you on a high dose, short duration course for about 18 days. Your weight would climb, everything would climb. Then we would deal with that situation afterwards.

It’s like you’ve been there, now we’re trying to keep you there or get you back there. We take you off, and then resume low dose courses. It’s just part of a strategy.

AE: You’ve stated that DNP is an up-regulator of androgen receptors. What is the mechanism behind this?

PB: Increased metabolic rate. Anything that increases metabolic rate will increase the performance of anything in the body. Very simple. Increased protein synthesis, increased enzyme construction, increased metabolism, the speed at which the factory works is accelerated.

AE: How widely do you think DNP is being used at the professional level?

PB: A lot of people are experimenting with it. I can only talk about its use in the UK. I say I talk about everyday to somebody. I’m asked for it every day, obviously I don’t supply it. It’s usually used for very short period, again. I think it only works that way. People start turning yellow and feeling sick. I used DNP when I did my first video, I was big and sweating all the time. That’s the first time I ever tried it and I found after about 10-12 days I just felt too ill.

AE: I’ve used it myself, you feel pretty miserable on it.

PB: I actually felt like I had a fever. If I was dieting someone for a contest and they were well behind, I would use DNP one week on, 2 weeks off just to try and accelerate the process. Again, you’ve got to be careful. I believe there is some metabolic uncoupling that it does. I believe there is the potential to permanently cause damage.

A lot of people I’ve seen use it for shows tend to have much faster metabolisms afterwards. I think there’s been some serious permanent metabolic uncoupling. It’s a poison isn’t it, like a heavy metal poison where damage can be permanent, it can be cumulative.

AE: I’ve read a lot where you talk about your use of Triple-X caps where one of the components is DNP.

PB: Intellectual property, but one of the components is DNP. A very, very low dose and a bit of T3. The point of the Triple-X, in crude terms it’s everything chucked into a blender and put into a capsule that I think will make you grow. But remember, Triple-X is a once a year thing.

If you read the literature that comes with Triple-X, it’s another one of these frontier things you use when your stuck, it isn’t something you take all the time. It’s only a thirty day program. You take a couple of capsules and you blast through a point. This stuff is for people right on the edge that are taking risks with their health anyway.

It’s an informed decision, like this is what it does, here it is, you’re going to do it anyway so let’s do it as safely as possible. I think it’s ignorance that kills us, so let’s kill ignorance. Obviously the controversial stuff I do is the stuff that’s on the edge, everybody forgets the nutrition?

AE: They totally discount all the work with nutrition and training that you do.

PB: Most of the time all I talk about is nutrition and training. Every once and a while some guy comes along at 260 lbs who’ll do anything to get to 280 and we talk about this.

AE: I’m sure you’d agree that bodybuilding is all about nutrition and training and a very small percentage of success is due to drugs.

PB: Everybody is natural up to a point. No matter what you take you have to eat right. You have to train right. And these things are built on layers, and the final layer is the pharmacology. My primary market is supplements and my magazine. That’s where I make money. I don’t make money off of extreme pharmacological advice.

But when someone asks me a direct question, I try and give them my answer as I believe it. I know there are people using high doses for short periods successfully so when someone asks me how do to it, I say this is how you do it.

AE: You seem to be a tremendous fan of cytadren, why is that?

PB: You’re referring to aminoglutethiamide, yes? Basically I like it because of the short- term suppression of cortisol. I’m a firm believer that anti-catabolism is a much better way to produce results than anabolism. As soon as you try to make yourself more anabolic, you get a negative feedback, your body fights it.

By lifting the controls that stop you growing faster, you grow better. So like a chain, you strengthen the weakest link. I use the analogy of two fish, you’ve got one in a big bowl and one in a little bowl. The one in the big bowl got bigger. When I was a kid I won two fish at the fair and my dad wouldn’t let me put them together. So, one was in a big tank, one was in a little bowl and the one in the big tank grew a lot bigger.

I think that’s bodybuilding. If you can suppress cortisol, if you can remove the limiting factors, you’re more likely to grow than by just driving forward with the anabolic factors. Steroids are more anti-catabolic in the nature than anabolic in my opinion. The primary anabolic hormones in the body are insulin and growth hormone aren’t they. The anti-catabolic strategies work faster.

AE: Let’s say I’m a 20 year old bodybuilder with excellent genetics, and you take me under your wing. What do the next few years hold for me, and when will I be stepping on stage to turn pro?

PB: So, the example is a 20 year old bodybuilder with good genetics, yeah? How long has this person been training?

AE: Let’s say four years and he has a very good base, excellent genetics. We are talking about someone who is very genetically gifted.

PB: And is this person using anything, or is he coming to me considering using something and seeking my advice?

AE: This is a hypothetical situation where this person is coming to you, and is going to follow your advice to a T, what are you going to tell him to do?

PB: Ok, my decision whether this person should go on performance-enhancing drugs or not, obviously you have to take the persons health into interest but let’s remove that, I’m not trying to cover my ass and I want to give you a straight answer to the question. Once you cannot progress at an adequate pace naturally, at that time you should move on. I actually believe that if you are progressing at an adequate pace naturally on you go on the pharmaceuticals, you lose that, whatever you were going to get, I call it a natural platform.

AE: And why is that?

PB: Very, very simply, if you can get there on your own without altering your biochemistry, your biochemistry must already be appropriate. You must be producing enough testosterone, have low enough cortisol, so why augment it? If you’re going to gain 10 or 15 lbs before you’re 21, I’m not going to put you on testosterone. All that will do is inhibit your natural growth.

At 20, chances are you’ve been through puberty, chances are you’re at the right age to make an informed decision for yourself, and I will run by you the options. You are not going to become a professional without performace-enhancing drugs. You’re not! That’s the harsh truth. If you want to be a pro, you’re going to go out and take something from someone, some dealer is going to put you on a load of sustanon and you’re going to ruin everything.

So, I would put you on a correct diet, we would get your training right, and then put you on a very simple gear program, which would be something like half a mg per kilo of bodyweight per day. Something like 300-400 mg of deca for a few weeks to see how you would respond. If I had the opportunity of having someone that fresh with those genetics, I would add products to their program one at a time, slowly. I would build up a portfolio of what works for them and what didn’t.

AE: So rather than stacking everything at once, your going to?

PB: Start with just one thing, just a bit of deca or something. See how you progress, as soon as you stop moving and hit a plateau I’d pull back. This would be heaven if it were me. If I were 20 years old again, knowing what I know now, I would enter it one step at time. Say I added a product, some testosterone cypionate in there, and I felt sick and depressed, I’d withdraw it.

I would know that’s not for me. I would slowly build up a picture of this person, if they were paying me or I was coaching them, I would build up a pharmaceutical portfolio of what worked for them and didn’t. I’d understand their reaction to these drugs. So, the answer to you is a little vague, I would build it up one step at time, but that’s how I work with everybody. I strip it all back down to the basic level.

Let’s say you were to come to me, you’re 40 years old and you come to me and say, “Paul, I want help.” I would take you off of everything, I’d take you off your supplements and everything else and build up nutritional layers. I’d start with a cytotoxic test and find out what food you’re allergic to and remove them.

Every food you eat that you’re allergic to is producing cortisol. So I always start with a blood test. I find out thyroid level, if you’ve got an underactive thyroid, we would need to put it to normal. I just always start with a blood test and a cytotoxic test. I get your diet right and get all the allergic foods out.

When your nutrition is right, I get your training right. When the training is right, we put the supplements in, we add the proteins, all the supplements we know that work, I’m not here to talk about supplements. When all that’s right, I mean even Simon Cohen, who’s hopefully going to win his pro card this year, we took him down on everything. First we’ll build up his diet, then his supplements, then his pharmacology, and he’s as genetically gifted as anyone I’ve seen.

AE: What’s Simon weighing in at right now?

PB: At the moment 285 lbs when we did the photo shoot. Very low bodyfat.

AE: How tall is he?

PB: 5’11". You’ll see from the photographs that he’s a very good 285. He’s a real 285, a lot of people enhance their bodyweight now don’t they.

AE: In the past you’ve recommended using GH and propionate in a synergistic combination to increase IGF-1, can you detail the process for our readers and explain the mechanism behind it?

PB: There was a research paper published 5 years ago and I’d have to look up the name. But basically it dealt with the effects of testosterone propionate on IGF-1 production. I read that paper, and I realized then that propionate would greatly promote the production of IGF-1. I cannot recall the mechanism, I’m not going to pretend that I do. The paper should be fairly easy to check on.

AE: But you distinctly remember it being propionate?

PB: Yes, most definitely. The relationship between IGF-1 and growth hormone we’re all aware of, yeah? So basically it’s two separate mechanism for increasing IGF-1. My basis is that IGF-1 is a very simple molecule, which is two disulfide bridges. Do you know what I mean when I refer to the secondary structure of a protein?

Well it’s secondary structure, basically it’s folding, it’s just two disulfide bridges holding it, which means anything will break that secondary structure. Then it will not adhere to its receptor site, yeah? You’ve denatured it. It no longer is folded right, the secondary structure will break just by picking it up out of the container, this is why it’s such a pharmaceutical nightmare.

Even if you’ve got real product, you’re spending thousands of dollars to get it, and then I don’t believe you can even get the molecule effectively out of the container it’s in. The solution is, you mix it with plasma and all kinds of buffer solutions to draw it out, you put it in all the little pipettes and freeze it.

But even freeze thawing is likely to denature the disulfide bridges and destroy the secondary structure, so I think the only way around it is to generate IGF-1 production in your body. Even if you could do it and get it right, the cost is massive. So, the best way to do it is with growth hormone and testosterone propionate. That’s not my research, that’s independent research.

AE: I’ve personally never talked to anyone that’s used IGF-1 who feels they got anything out of it.

PB: Me neither. I don’t believe they ever got it into themselves, I always try not to insult people, but if you ask me truthfully, I don’t believe they’ve ever had it stable, or someone has sold them an empty bottle. “Yeah, there’s 100 mcg in there.” How could you know?

AE: The real stuff is almost impossible to get anyway. I think people are using HCG or growth if anything.

PB: Even if they had the real stuff, I cannot be convinced that they could get it into the bloodstream in a stable form. The pharmaceutical people I’ve spoken to, their answer is, we haven’t perfected it. I don’t believe anyone has put it into a stack with everything else and they’ve grown, this is the people that feel they’ve grown from it and it’s something else entirely.

AE: What’s going to be the next big revelation in sports pharmacology for bodybuilders?

DAMN! On that note, we’ve got to end this months interview. Stay tuned next month for the second installment of the Paul Borreson interview!

Reading both those articles makes me even more curious to know what his cause of death was.

I feel VERY sorry for his family. He had children and a wife. His knowledge was formidable and vast. If anyone knows where I could get a copy of his book The Anabolic Edge please post it.

I hope he rests in peace.

I wonder about the IGF-1 thing? Such a low dose of GH would do nothing. And HCG would not cause ridiculously painful pumps, insane appetite, hardening, and deep sleep. Is this just kinda outdated?

Since I started researching Borrenson recently I read that he was wrong about alot of stuff he said. He used to sell a list of steroid suppliers to IF u bought his special protein. I don’t think he came close to Duchaine. Wish like hell I could find a copy of Underground Steroid Manual he wrote.

Duchaine was clearly a better source of info. Just my opinion tho.

i have a copy of one of his books, however i cant remeber the title. if someone is intrested in buying it let me know. ill check to see which one it is.

ok the book i have is called the stack.