Reaganomics

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
In my history class, we were discussing the 1980s and the topic of Reaganomics came up. My teacher (who’s a bleeding-heart Liberal) was saying that Reaganomics was a failure and ruined the American economy. So, for those of you who are old enough, what is your opinion on the subject matter?

CS[/quote]

Your history professor, like many who teach at liberal Universities, is totally wrong. Ronald Reagan ushered in one of the biggest economic boon’s of all time. creating an economic climate where almost 20 million new jobs were created. Low unemployment and low interest rates as well. And like Obama he inherited a lousy economy from a previous President (Jimmy Carter). Unlike Obama Ronald Reagan lowered the tax rate to its lowest in decades and created a great economy especially for entrepreneurs.

Liberals love to rewrite history. They hated him when he ran and they still hate him even though he’s been dead for several years. It just tears them up inside that supply side economics worked. The only thing that I wish is that he had control of both houses of congress if that were the case spending would have been driven down as well. But as long as there are democrats in power spending will never go down. But yes, there is no question that Reaganomics worked. In fact it worked so well he won the biggest electoral landslide in history in defeating Walter Mondale in 1984.

I was there - I worked on his campaign (at a low level), I prospered from the results and it is all true.

Tell your Professor for me that he’s full of shit!

Thank you,

Zeb[/quote]

Yep he also helped facilitate a pattern of deregulation, along with Alan Greenspan and all those other criminals, whose continuation led us to where we find ourselves now. Granted, it wasn’t all him. IMO, that fucker should’ve been investigated from the get-go. Iran contras anyone?* B-list shithead actor who gradually assumed stances of progressively more severe conservatism. Shit, just ask Gore Vidal for sources. He’ll tell ya.

B-B-But he’s a liberal!

*Nope never heard of it… Ah, conspiracy theories…[/quote]

inb4 Zeb insults you for your age
[/quote]

Yes, but just barely…GET EM!

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

Yep he also helped facilitate a pattern of deregulation, along with Alan Greenspan and all those other criminals, whose continuation led us to where we find ourselves now. Granted, it wasn’t all him. IMO, that fucker should’ve been investigated from the get-go. Iran contras anyone?* B-list shithead actor who gradually assumed stances of progressively more severe conservatism. Shit, just ask Gore Vidal for sources. He’ll tell ya.

B-B-But he’s a liberal!

Well, he did not start a pattern of deregulation, that was Carter and after Nixon it was badly needed.

I would look into what was deregulated, the truck licensing f.e. was an outrage.

Where I would agree is that since Carter no one, not one single president had the guts to appoint someone like Volcker who kept the course even though he was vilified by just about everyone.

I just don’t like getting lectured from people who are not yet old enough to buy a legal beer, or even vote.

I’m funny like that.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

In my history class, we were discussing the 1980s and the topic of Reaganomics came up. My teacher (who’s a bleeding-heart Liberal) was saying that Reaganomics was a failure and ruined the American economy. So, for those of you who are old enough, what is your opinion on the subject matter?

CS[/quote]

Your history professor, like many who teach at liberal Universities, is totally wrong. Ronald Reagan ushered in one of the biggest economic boon’s of all time. creating an economic climate where almost 20 million new jobs were created. Low unemployment and low interest rates as well. And like Obama he inherited a lousy economy from a previous President (Jimmy Carter). Unlike Obama Ronald Reagan lowered the tax rate to its lowest in decades and created a great economy especially for entrepreneurs.

Liberals love to rewrite history. They hated him when he ran and they still hate him even though he’s been dead for several years. It just tears them up inside that supply side economics worked. The only thing that I wish is that he had control of both houses of congress if that were the case spending would have been driven down as well. But as long as there are democrats in power spending will never go down. But yes, there is no question that Reaganomics worked. In fact it worked so well he won the biggest electoral landslide in history in defeating Walter Mondale in 1984.

I was there - I worked on his campaign (at a low level), I prospered from the results and it is all true.

Thank you,

Zeb[/quote]

B-B-But he’s a liberal!

inb4 Zeb insults you for your age
[/quote]

Yes, but just barely…GET EM!

[/quote]

Haha

I agree with Orion. Carter and Reagan are two cheeks of the same arse.

(imo, no lecture here)

People also like to forget that his military spending helped defeat the Soviet Union.
CS[/quote]
It did? How exactly? We didn’t face them on the battlefield. The USSR, like most empires, collapsed from within. It was an inevitability.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

CS[/quote]

Thank you,

Zeb[/quote]

B-B-But he’s a liberal!

When I was 16 I wasn’t allowed to use that kind of language. Do Mommy and Daddy know that you use that kind of language on their computer?
[/quote]

Yeah. but mostly because telegraph time was darn expensive.

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Oliver North was a hero and the only breaches of the constitution were committed by the prosecutors and investigators who went after him.[/quote]

People have a funny way of looking at things. [/quote]

Read North’s Taking the Stand if you’re interested. Also, in relation to “illegal wars” - Ike’s Bay of Pigs invasion, carried out by JFK would more closely resemble an operation requiring Congressional support than anything that happened under Reagan’s tenure.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

CS[/quote]

Thank you,

Zeb[/quote]

B-B-But he’s a liberal!

When I was 16 I wasn’t allowed to use that kind of language. Do Mommy and Daddy know that you use that kind of language on their computer?

Run along junior…[/quote]

Ah, come on. I read too much Hunter S Thompson. Give me a break. Great rebuttal though. Not going to waste your time right?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I just don’t like getting lectured from people who are not yet old enough to buy a legal beer, or even vote.

I’m funny like that.[/quote]

Well, if I were you, I’d be more concerned about the fact that you were just attemptedly lectured by a person who woke up this morning, ate a can of pizza pringles and a half gallon of ginger ale as a START to his breakfast. If that’s not patriotism…

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Oliver North was a hero and the only breaches of the constitution were committed by the prosecutors and investigators who went after him.[/quote]

Read North’s Taking the Stand if you’re interested. Also, in relation to “illegal wars” - Ike’s Bay of Pigs invasion, carried out by JFK would more closely resemble an operation requiring Congressional support than anything that happened under Reagan’s tenure.[/quote]

If you’re talking about one of my earlier posts I didn’t mean Reagan. Fuck, I don’t like JFK either man. I hate everybody. All the way through to the founding fathers. Those Masonically intertwined conspirators sure did do a good job of setting in action a 200 year plan to control the Earth. I watched National Treasure a couple years ago. That’s all the evidence I need! They had to know that, eventually, the government would become so corrupt it failed to impose the system of “checks” and “balances” the very same documents they crafted established! Shit, at least we got it through the Gilded Age

In my history class, we were discussing the 1980s and the topic of Reaganomics came up. My teacher (who’s a bleeding-heart Liberal) was saying that Reaganomics was a failure and ruined the American economy. So, for those of you who are old enough, what is your opinion on the subject matter?[/quote]

Good in the sense that he (and Volcker) got deadly serious about inflation, opened up growth through some deregulation, and generated general optimism.

Bad in the sense that he heralded in (whether intentionally or not) a theme that “deficits don’t matter”, which punted entitlement reform off for decades.

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Read North’s Taking the Stand if you’re interested. Also, in relation to “illegal wars” - Ike’s Bay of Pigs invasion, carried out by JFK would more closely resemble an operation requiring Congressional support than anything that happened under Reagan’s tenure.[/quote]

If you’re talking about one of my earlier posts I didn’t mean Reagan. Fuck, I don’t like JFK either man. I hate everybody. All the way through to the founding fathers. Those Masonically intertwined conspirators sure did do a good job of setting in action a 200 year plan to control the Earth. I watched National Treasure a couple years ago. That’s all the evidence I need! They had to know that, eventually, the government would become so corrupt it failed to impose the system of “checks” and “balances” the very same documents they crafted established! Shit, at least we got it through the Gilded Age[/quote]

I don’t like JFK either. But I was saying that Ike planned Bay of Pigs and JFK inherited it and carried it out. It was amateurs’ night and reflected badly on the CIA. But I’m not arguing against the objectives of the operation - only taking issue with the post from the onion mentioning “illegal wars.”

And in relation to the international Freemason conspiracy - nsnadpivodnvgibsiubdvis. If you know what that means then you know what I mean. Otherwise, you are a fluoride drinker who wouldn’t know how to shake my hand in the manner prescribed so it doesn’t matter anyway.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

If you’re talking about one of my earlier posts I didn’t mean Reagan. Fuck, I don’t like JFK either man. I hate everybody. All the way through to the founding fathers. Those Masonically intertwined conspirators sure did do a good job of setting in action a 200 year plan to control the Earth. I watched National Treasure a couple years ago. That’s all the evidence I need! They had to know that, eventually, the government would become so corrupt it failed to impose the system of “checks” and “balances” the very same documents they crafted established! Shit, at least we got it through the Gilded Age[/quote]

I don’t like JFK either. But I was saying that Ike planned Bay of Pigs and JFK inherited it and carried it out. It was amateurs’ night and reflected badly on the CIA. But I’m not arguing against the objectives of the operation - only taking issue with the post from the onion mentioning “illegal wars.”

And in relation to the international Freemason conspiracy - nsnadpivodnvgibsiubdvis. If you know what that means then you know what I mean. Otherwise, you are a fluoride drinker who wouldn’t know how to shake my hand in the manner prescribed so it doesn’t matter anyway.[/quote]

Lol I’m just trolling now. Every male member of my family is a Freemason though, do I still drink fluoride?

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:
Lol I’m just trolling now.
[/quote]

We know.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:
Lol I’m just trolling now.
[/quote]

We know.[/quote]

Too obvious?

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Well, if I were you, I’d be more concerned about the fact that you were just attemptedly lectured by a person who woke up this morning, ate a can of pizza pringles and a half gallon of ginger ale as a START to his breakfast. If that’s not patriotism…

[/quote]

Anyone who calls Reagan a “B list shit head” is either an idiot, or a young punk who never lived during that time period and never studied it either.

Maybe you should back off on the ginger ale and pizza and start eating some fish?

Better yet go away little man.

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:
Lol I’m just trolling now…[/quote]

Really? Now who would ever have thought that a 16 year would be trolling on a message board?

Wow…

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Thomasm122 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Anyone who calls Reagan a “B list shit head” is either an idiot, or a young punk who never lived during that time period and never studied it either.

Maybe you should back off on the ginger ale and pizza and start eating some fish?

Better yet go away little man.[/quote]

Or just someone fucking with an overly conservative political sub-forum, which may as well be subtitled “Let’s Talk About Jesus and Bill O’Reilly!” * See more

Pizza pringles*

*The firing of air traffic controllers, winnable nuclear war, recallable nuclear missiles, trees that cause pollution, Elliott Abrams lying to Congress, ketchup as vegetable, colluding with Guatemalan thugs, pardons for F.B.I. lawbreakers, voodoo economics, budget deficits, toasts to Ferdinand Marcos, public housing cutbacks, redbaiting the nuclear freeze movement, James Watt.

Getting cozy with Argentine fascist generals, tax credits for segregated schools, disinformation campaigns, “homeless by choice,” Manuel Noriega, falling wages, the HUD scandal, air raids on Libya, “constructive engagement” with apartheid South Africa, United States Information Agency blacklists of liberal speakers, attacks on OSHA and workplace safety, the invasion of Grenada, assassination manuals, Nancy’s astrologer.

Drug tests, lie detector tests, Fawn Hall, female appointees (8 percent), mining harbors, the S&L scandal, 239 dead U.S. troops in Beirut, Al Haig “in control,” silence on AIDS, food-stamp reductions, Debategate, White House shredding, Jonas Savimbi, tax cuts for the rich, “mistakes were made.”, inconclusive research regarding AIDS.

Michael Deaver’s conviction for influence peddling, Lyn Nofziger’s conviction for influence peddling, Caspar Weinberger’s five-count indictment, Ed Meese (“You don’t have many suspects who are innocent of a crime”), Donald Regan (women don’t “understand throw-weights”), education cuts, massacres in El Salvador.

“The bombing begins in five minutes,” $640 Pentagon toilet seats, African-American judicial appointees (1.9 percent), Reader’s Digest, C.I.A.-sponsored car-bombing in Lebanon (more than eighty civilians killed), 200 officials accused of wrongdoing, William Casey, Iran/contra. “Facts are stupid things,” three-by-five cards, the MX missile, Bitburg, S.D.I., Robert Bork, naps, Teflon. Campaigned for Nixon’s opponent, The Pink Lady in 1950, married an extremely conservative neurosurgeon’s daughter, 1962 campaign for an officer of The John Birch Society, 1964, campaign for segregationist Louisiana governor, campaign for Lloyd White, stances on welfare in California and in general, Donald Reagan and 1981 deregulations, “government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem”, Africans fucking gorillas, the Moscow evil empire, approach to exponential growth in the oil industry, attempts to downsize and defund the EPA, staffing of the EPA, “winning the Cold War”.

http://www.alternet.org/story/18874/

The last 1/4 paragraph is my own, sources: Gore Vidal, from him, various press announcements, related. Take your pick: all of the above, and what we potentially don’t know about or remains unmentioned, or temporary improvements in an economic system and posterboy status for capitalist prevalence. Studying and paying attention; it doesn’t count if you only read books whose publishing houses are subsidiaries of corporations who employ executives who benefit from tax cuts which primarily took root during his presidency, or contribute greatly to Republican campaigns through whatever venue, have investments in firms benefiting from deregulation, etc, etc, etc. There has been some documented evidence in the past of some sorts of carryover from those types of things… Fuck off. He was an actor, all his life. That’s it. That’s why, IMO, he was a B-list shit head. For overextending his career to just another misformulated boyhood dream.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Gore Vidal…LOL…what a “source.”[/quote]
Well, all of the above can be independently verified in preponderant legitimacy. Yeah though, one source discredits all of them on the basis of a perceived bias? Any evidence for the fact that his historical accounts are ‘overwhelmingly’ unreliable as your comment implies? And that that would somehow diffuse illegitimacy to my argument? Or is this just nepotistic grandstanding on the premise of Abecedarian parity? I mean, disprove what I said. Otherwise, wtf is this but a trickle down of last night’s collective Fox programming schedule?

Or do you have to be of legal age to purchase beer in order to engage in an intellectual discussion, on the basis of approximately over 70 instances of wrongdoing, fuck-ups, mishandlings, etc, on the part of an ex-elected official and his appointed officials? If you don’t meet the designated criteria of awe towards supply-side policies, do you just get comments on your ‘age’?

What a fucking joke PWI is. And you think trolling is an immature pasttime? Fuck, I’m reinvigorating you closeminded bastards. Let’s go!

What’s next? Overentitled, overeducated little ignorant shit? Hit me at home! Maybe some comments on my life experience could offer some assistance?

Montana is a beautiful state by the way.