Ready to Start the Anabolic Diet

i have made a decision that in about three weeks, i will be done with the Velocity Diet. i started at 270 and got down to 258. i was on about 1700 calories a day most times. i did not go over 100g carbs and was at about 30g of fat and 300g protein. yes, this diet makes you feel like shit. anyway, i am ready to begin the Anabolic Diet? will i be putting on fat going from such low calories to 5000 calories a day?

this is what i have for the anabolic diet so far. i need 4700-5000 calories a day for the startup phase. are you suppose to stay on this 60% fat 35% protein and 5% carbs for two full weeks before adding the two carb loading days?

i have this
monday-friday maxes
fat 333g or 3000 calories
protein 438g or 1750 calories
carbs 62.5g or 250 calories

monday-friday mins
fat 313g or 2820 calories
protein 412g or 1645 calories
carbs 59g or 235 calories

sat-sunday maxes
fat 166g or 1500 calories
protein 125g or 500 calories
carbs 750g or 3000 calories

sat-sunday mins
fat 156g or 1410 calories
protein 117.5g or 470 calories
carbs 705g or 2820 calories

any info would be helpful. i just bought the book. i need to figure out the mass phase and i kinda get the cutting phase.

I’m no expert but a coupla considerations:

1. For the induction phase, don’t worry too much about the calories, just eat enough to stave off any lethargy that might hit, especially in the last few days.

2. Since you’ve been on 1700 cals, after you’re first load I’d say try a more modest amount - say in the 3-4000ish range for two weeks, see how your body responds then go from there.

No matter what your approach, it WILL take several carb ups before you get the feel of what works best for you. Just have faith and stick with it, it’ll pay dividends in due time.

do i still have to wait two weeks during the first phase before i carb up?

I’ve been on the AD for about a year now and have done the VD as well. It’s a great choice for us big guys but my advice would be to ease into the big calories.

You’ll probably find that for the first while you’ll have a really hard time eating 5000 kcal/day.

The good thing about doing Velocity first is that you’ve already started to withdraw from carbs so you shouldn’t have to worry about the carb withdrawl headaches and such.

I’d keep the AD macro ratios the same during the transition but your body is going to be looking to rebuild the fat you lost when you first come off of Velocity. Easy does it on the calories for the first while but as your energy builds back up, and it will on the AD very quickly, you’ll be able to do a lot more in the gym and should be able to increase the calories fairly quickly.

Going from 1700 to 5000 too quickly may have undesirable side effects. On a side note, when I started the AD I had trouble at first with the kcals until I did the calculations based off of my lean mass, adjusted, and then things just took off for me. May be different in your case but experimenting and learning what works best for you is the key for AD.

Just my $0.02

Assuming that you are still trying to drop bodyfat (from reading your fat loss thread), 5,000 calories is too high and unnecessary, in my opinion.
Why not start in the “Cutting Phase” of the diet? You would consume more than you are now, but less than 5,000 calories.
DiPasquale specifically mentions that bodybuilders who just want to cut up and are starting at a higher bodyfat level can go directly into the Cutting Phase, where one would start at 15 calories per pound of bodyweight. For you, that would be 3870 calories per day. Then adjust your caloric intake from there if you are not dropping fat.
Or, as Deinabolic suggested, just eat enough calories in the form of fat and protein to keep lethargy at bay for 2 weeks. Start a Cutting Phase thereafter.

Great!

I’ve just finished the AD ebook and I’m glad to see someone else on here just starting off. I should be starting up in a week or two once I figure out a meal plan so I don’t screw it up.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend you read the thread “My experience on the anabolic diet” by mdragon. It’s like 40+ pages I believe but look out for DiscHoss cause that guy sure does know his stuff on the AD. Lots of tricks of the trade to be absorbed.

Best of luck to yah.

why were you doing the VD with only 30g of fat?

are you sure you did you calorie calculations correctly? Its like 1700 calories for someone who is 165 lbs.

[quote]consumer wrote:
why were you doing the VD with only 30g of fat?

are you sure you did you calorie calculations correctly? Its like 1700 calories for someone who is 165 lbs.[/quote]

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .50 = _____

Now do it again with this equation:

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .60 = _____ (Only the .60 is different.)

a 165lbs. man at max would eat 1537.2 calories a day max.

a 258lbs. man like myself would eat 2106 calories a day max
my minimum was 1755

in the beginning i was on 50-60g fat and then slowly adjusted from 20-30g fat.

ok recalculating with what i need since ive been on the v-diet with 1700-2000 calories im gonna go to 3000-3300 calories. anyone think this is too high of a jump compared to 4700-5000 calories? experts please help as this man is tired of going through diets that dont work. the v-diet had a success but not what i want from a diet. 7 weeks over 12lbs. lost is good though. i notice more definition in my stomach legs lats delts and triceps. i can see the beginning of a four pack coming along or just some fat making good mirages.

[quote]trojanman wrote:
ok recalculating with what i need since ive been on the v-diet with 1700-2000 calories im gonna go to 3000-3300 calories. anyone think this is too high of a jump compared to 4700-5000 calories? experts please help as this man is tired of going through diets that dont work. the v-diet had a success but not what i want from a diet. 7 weeks over 12lbs. lost is good though. i notice more definition in my stomach legs lats delts and triceps. i can see the beginning of a four pack coming along or just some fat making good mirages.[/quote]

If I were you,I would add in 300-500 calories each week until I reach 3,000 or so calories.

so my first week on the startup phase should be 2000-2300 calories.

Good choice mate. The AD is the way to go for strength athletes.

I’ve done both and am kinda on both right now (works grand). What I would do if i were you is begin the start up phase of the AD and just eat really clean by eating lean meats and getting your fats from clean sources as well (caps, olive oil, fish). Don’t even worry about your cals just eat low CHO (carb) and make sure you are never hungry.

Keep you activity levels up and just go. the only thing you should document is:

A) CHO (carb) levels, not including fiber (only “active” CHO)

B) lipid (fat) ratio. this is super important. make sure you are getting an even ratio of fats. 33% of each saturated (SAT), monounsaturated (MUFA), and polyunsaturated (PUFA). With this fool proof ration you will be eating lots of tasty critters and fish every day (along with fish caps and flax).

Start working your cals when:

A) you are “switched” or “transitioned”

B) you care about “waving” or “bulking” or “cutting.”

But by eating low CHO for the first 12 day you will still be losing and feel great if you just came off the VD.

Read mdragons thread and copy/paste/print the good things that disc hoss and il cazzo say. do you reading and eat lots of veggies with every meal.

have fun and PM me if you need any tips tricks or secrets. have fun and just eat many times per day and dont be hungry.

-chris

thanks. im going to be experimenting today. im gonna write down everything on a food log and see how a sample day would look for me. ill post it on the my expericence on the ad thread.

heres an idea - post this on the original thread instead of starting another useless one.

dewd that’s what he just said he was going to do. You do realize that by telling him that you have bumped this thing back up? prolonging its inevitable drop to the bottom?

-chris

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
heres an idea - post this on the original thread instead of starting another useless one. [/quote]