Ready to Get Serious

So, goodmornings, deadlifts, and RDLs are giving me back tightness. I need some serious help with my form. My Groin is still reovering. I’ll probably give it a week or two so before I start squatting again. Oh, how I miss squatting. I’ve been making progress in the upper body, though, noticing that my arms a bit bigger.

So here’s my daily plan for getting to 75 pushups…in 25 weeks. Of course I might have to modify it later. What do y’all think? Can I stick with it?

Week 1: 10 sets of 10
Week 2: 8 sets of 14
Week 3: 10 sets of 14
Week 4: 8 sets of 18
Week 5: 10 sets of 18
Week 6: 8 sets of 22
Week 7: 10 sets of 22
Week 8: 8 sets of 26
Week 9: 10 sets of 26
Week 10: 8 sets of 30
Week 11: 10 sets of 30
Week 12: 8 sets of 34
Week 13: 7 sets of 38
Week 14: 6 sets of 42
Week 15: 5 sets of 46
Week 16: 4 sets of 50
Week 17: 3 sets of 54
Week 18: 2 sets of 58
Week 19: 1 set of 62
Week 20: 1 set of 66
Week 21: 2 sets 62
Week 22: 3 sets of 58
Week 23: 4 sets of 62
Week 24: 1 set of 70
Week 25: 1 set of 75

Days 1-3 were successful, but I woke up this morning with a huge kink in my neck and shoulder. I don’t want to give up this challenge, so I intend to do two sets of 10x10 tomorrow. It seems I cant do anything without injuring myself. Maybe I should strength train in moderation and focus intensely on yoga to bring my body into alignment. THEN make serious goals in squatting, push-ups etc.

Gave up on the push-up challenge a long time ago…Ive been suffering from intense shoulder pain. Instead I’ll try to incorporate moderate amounts of yoga push-ups. (one legged down-ward facing dog pushups)

Decided I really need to keep a workout journal if I ever want my groin to heal and to be able to do squats again.

School is over in two weeks–can’t wait until then…I’ll have a chance to workout really frequently for the month I have off. I went to the gym today, did a whole lot of stretching. My hips feel great, but I overdid it in the groin and I aggravated my groin pull a bit. I don’t feel it quite in the groin, but it’s like a stripe across my upper quad. So next workout the goal is…stretch the quads a little less, continue with the external hip rotation pose, but do not do frog pose. Focus on going hands-free when doing splits…these are very beneficial. Also do the kung-fu hamstring stretch more intensely. I did some vinyasas as well, which were helpful.

The shoulder warm-ups I’m doing (with a light weight) have been great. I did dips, bicep curls. I watched my squat form–it’s awful, no more squats. Next workout I’ll see how lunges feel–perhaps I can go back to them. Perhaps I can go back to split squats as well. I tried Ben Bruno’s split stance RDLS today. Amazing!!! Perhaps if I can get my glutes active and fix my anterior pelvic tilt my groin will finally heal. It’s been a really long time. Did some hanging leg raises. It was a very short workout because I stretched for a really long time. Next time I’ll time myself and try to keep it shorter.