Ready to Begin!

Thought I’d chime in with support too. Go for it , mate. :slight_smile:

I’m new to this game too so I haven’t much advice to give except check out some of John Bearadi’s articles on this site if you haven’t already. Some great stuff there on how to eat for training and getting your metabolism rev’d up.

‘New Rules’ is supposed to be excellent. I’m thinking of picking up a copy at X-Mas.

Oh, don’t skimp on your warm ups! I managed to hurt my ribs on a leg press machine (no, I don’t know how I did it either) a few months ago and it kept me out of the gym for over a month. Don’t lift cold.

[quote]“WOW progress is blazing away!!!
I can almost do a chin-up!
And im up to 2 sets of 10 push-ups I am soooo amazing lol.”
[/quote]

Progress is progress :slight_smile:

Heres a quote from Chritian Bale on training to play Batman:

“At the time that [Christopher Nolan] asked me to do it [Batman Begins (2005)] I actually couldn’t do one push-up. They sent me to a trainer, who was having to hold my T-shirt at the back just to pull me up. I’ve come a long way from that.”

If you haven’t seen it, check out his physique in Batman Begins.

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
WOW progress is blazing away!!!
I can almost do a chin-up!
And im up to 2 sets of 10 push-ups I am soooo amazing lol. [/quote]

Just stick with it Steve. I was exactly where you are in March and I’m doing weighted chins now. I’ve got a few years on you but you’ve got the size. And speaking of size - just remember that a chinup at 264#s isn’t the same as a chinup at 185#s.