Ready for the Deadlift???


I was surfing around and found an article on about.com for lower body exercises. They actually had listed a lot good squat variations on there. And they didnt say that it was bad for your knees or back. But I had to laugh at the picture and the caption they had on the page.

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. He also forgot to eat some steak and drink tons of milk.

I know, I know. In the end we should be happy that someone is telling mainstream America to get off the couch and exercise. And I am.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
I was surfing around and found an article on about.com for lower body exercises. They actually had listed a lot good squat variations on there. And they didnt say that it was bad for your knees or back. But I had to laugh at the picture and the caption they had on the page.

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. He also forgot to eat some steak and drink tons of milk.

I know, I know. In the end we should be happy that someone is telling mainstream America to get off the couch and exercise. And I am.[/quote]

I didn’t know there was a minimum weight for deadlifts, but I hope whenever I start doing them, mine will have a little bit more weight than that kid’s.

Did they say when you should start doing deadlifts? Like was there a workout timeline on when to start doing different stuff?

I remember a guy at my university’s gym( Winnipeg, Manitoba) who was adamant that people could start at 225. I did that squinty face with a slow “uuuhhh, maybe, but how about one workout or at least a warm-up set of 135?” but he wouldn’t budge.
I found out later that he’d killed an old man when he was 13 or so and a couple of years later he killed two people in his apartment bulding. Really.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…

[quote]Nards wrote:
I remember a guy at my university’s gym( Winnipeg, Manitoba) who was adamant that people could start at 225. I did that squinty face with a slow “uuuhhh, maybe, but how about one workout or at least a warm-up set of 135?” but he wouldn’t budge.
I found out later that he’d killed an old man when he was 13 or so and a couple of years later he killed two people in his apartment bulding. Really.[/quote]

Looks to be about 375 lbs.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.

I warm up with 6 or 7 tons, then max out at 2 solar masses, but I’m the fucking HULK motherfaces!!!

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.[/quote]

And guess what, the first time I pulled from the floor I struggled with 95lbs. Now I can pull 405 just about any day of the week.

So try not bust on people just starting, someday soon they might surprise you.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.[/quote]

Looks to be 405 lb to me

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

How about Saturday, woudl that be a good day?

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.[/quote]

And guess what, the first time I pulled from the floor I struggled with 95lbs. Now I can pull 405 just about any day of the week.

So try not bust on people just starting, someday soon they might surprise you.[/quote]

How about a week from Saturday? Or is that not in just about any day?
Dude, I’m joking about the whole thing all the way back to the original post. Lighten up.

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.[/quote]

Looks to be 405 lb to me[/quote]

There are 3 vids dipshit

I did DLs from day 1. I followed starting strength. My gym had a dedicated o-bar with 40 kilos on it. I started with that and worked my way up.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

That kid aint ready for deadlifts. He forgot to add the other 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the bar. [/quote]

Yes, because everyone, regardless of anything, should be pulling 315 within 2 hours of entering a gym.

You know insulting someone’s numbers who is new to lifting, learning better form, or recovering from an injury doesn’t make you hardcore. No I take that back, it does make you a hardcore douche.

FFS…[/quote]

Yo, I was checking out your vids under your profile. Looks like you got a nice hardcore gym. Props on your 505 lb DL too.[/quote]

Looks to be 405 lb to me[/quote]

There are 3 vids dipshit[/quote]

dont ever question countingoutbeans 500 deadlift again got it?

I DL 3 times in 2 weeks, each a new PR suckit.