Ready for First Cycle?

Hello, fourm newbie here. Iâ??ve been on this site regularly but just decided to make an account now. Iâ??ll introduce myself.
My name is Josh. Iâ??m a 25 year old from Canada. Iâ??ve been bodybuilding for the last 3 years. Really taking it seriously the last 2. Iâ??m 6â??2â?? 215 Lbâ??s with 14% body fat. Iâ??ve been studying up on the use of anabolic substances recently.

By watching a lot of documentaries, reading a lot of testimonials, and reading the fourms like this one. And Iâ??ve came to the conclusion in my opinion that steroids are a very useful substance and relatively harmless substance to some if used correctly and reasonably. I really take bodybuilding seriously. And in this last year of dedicated 5-6 days a week of bodybuilding, and a dedicated diet, I just havnt seen the strength gains and muscle gains Iâ??ve been looking for, for the amount of intensity and dedication Iâ??m putting in.

When I first starting bodybuilding I noticed good gains pretty quick. But it seems like my body is taking a hault, even with me throwing in new things almost every workout. I looked at pics of my a year ago, and Iâ??m practically the exact size, even though Iâ??m working out each muscle group two times a week for 6 days in gym per week. I believe Iâ??m ready to finally start using steroids. And this is why Iâ??m on these fourms, to ask you guys if you believe Iâ??m ready.

I think Iâ??m at a good age, with a good body structure. And Iâ??ve been studying up on them for almost 8-9 months now. Any advice to what I should do? Cause everything in me is telling me I should start a cycleâ?¦

You might be over working your muscles. Hitting each muscle group twice a week and 6 days lifting a week is a lot. You don’t get bigger and stronger in the gym, you get bigger and stronger outside the gym. Try reducing each muscle group once per week and dropping the number of days a week and get more rest. If you do continue to hit each muscle twice a week just do enough to stimulate the muscle don’t kill if everytime.

I used to workout 5-6 days a week worked some muscles twice a week and my gains slowed. But when I switch to 3-4 days a week and got more rest I saw great gains and when I did hit each muscle twice a week I only did a couple exercises and a couple sets for that muscle, just enough to stimulate the muscle fibers.

what is your height and weight before we get any further into this?

[quote]BUDs wrote:
You might be over working your muscles. Hitting each muscle group twice a week and 6 days lifting a week is a lot. You don’t get bigger and stronger in the gym, you get bigger and stronger outside the gym. Try reducing each muscle group once per week and dropping the number of days a week and get more rest. If you do continue to hit each muscle twice a week just do enough to stimulate the muscle don’t kill if everytime.

I used to workout 5-6 days a week worked some muscles twice a week and my gains slowed. But when I switch to 3-4 days a week and got more rest I saw great gains and when I did hit each muscle twice a week I only did a couple exercises and a couple sets for that muscle, just enough to stimulate the muscle fibers.[/quote]

Pretty much what BUDs said, it sounds like you’re overtraining. Take a week off and the start back with less volume and only 1 muscle group a week. You can gradually work the volume up but be sure to have a week off/de-load when you stall out.

It took me a long time to realise this while gradually running my body into the ground.