Reading Test Results, Age 25

Hey guys, wasn’t sure where to post this or how to get a decent answer so i thought id try here first.
History- when i was about 17 or 18 (young and very dumb) i did some pro hormones, parents caught on and threw away every supplement i had, including my PCT. fast forward to now, age 25 been having symptoms or Low-T, joint soreness, weight gain in stomach and chest especially under my pecs, low libido, zero gains in the gym over the past year. diet is good, i use a meal prep company for my meals. hard weight training for 45min a day. went to the doctor to get my testosterone levels checked. came back to 367, there scale was 300-1080. my doctor, and this is no joke, told me to go to GNC and get a testosterone booster and check my levels again in 3-4 months.
Extremely confused by his logic im stuck on what to do. still having symptoms and libido seems to be getting worse. Maybe its what im eating or another problem, or my levels are fine im not 100% sure, im just trying to figure out what to do since my doctor is not helping. test results are as follows

Testosterone Total 367 nG/dL 300 - 1080 nG/dL

TANNER STAGE 1 <20 nG/dL
TANNER STAGE 2 <149 nG/dL
TANNER STAGE 3 <762 nG/dL
TANNER STAGE 4 164-854 nG/dL
TANNER STAGE 5 194-783 nG/dL

Any help is appreciated!

You need these labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
if LH/FSH are low, follow up with prolactin or just test prolactin now
CBC
TSH

Over training is quite possible when T is low.

Weight gain can also be thyroid related, please supply requested oral body temperatures.
Have you been using iodized salt to support thyroid function?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Ok i just emailed my doctor to get those labs done, will be reading up on the stickies the remainder of the day. appreciate the response!

Back to thyroid…
What was your use of iodized salt?

Do not ignore your thyroid, low thyroid can also mimic low-T symptoms. If you want a complete picture of what’s going on with your body do a full thyroid panel. A lot of guys come in here with low-T and thyroid issues and wonder why TRT doesn’t cure their issues.

Better to do the oral body temperatures first, may not be a need for thyroid labs.
Iodine intake from iodized salt is a critical factor.

I’m not 100% sure of my iodized salt intake, i do salt/pepper just about everything, ill do some looking after work and see what salts i’ve been using. also i will take body temperatures starting tonight. my doctor replied and is questioning/asking who and why i’m needing these labs done. any suggestions for a response back to them?