Read This Before Considering Nandrolone or Any AAS

Great summary! I was referring to the posts where someone puts up a list and then asks “Does this look good?” Or “hey, does this look like a low risk, leans gains stack?” Then someone will go the trouble of asking “Good for what?” Then no response. But you are absolutely right and wise beyond your years.

If 1 out of 100 gets self-awareness out of reading the valuable public service announcements you go to the trouble to post, then that is adding value. Thank you for your time man.

Nice introductory material for the interested reader.

Discussion

AAS has a protective effect on the cardiovascular system in the physiological dose range. However, supraphysiological AAS doses produce toxicity in the cardiovascular system, which significantly increases the cardiovascular risk [Figure 1]

The mechanism of AAS toxicity has not been fully elucidated. Studies demonstrated that there were two main mechanisms [Figure 2], one of which is AAS gene regulation where AASs or their metabolites bind to ARs, which leads to a conformational change of these receptors. AR dimers are then transported from the cytoplasm into the nucleus where the dimers bind to androgen reactive elements in DNA, thereby regulating gene transcription in cooperation with activation (or inactivation) of co-regulations, which results in toxic effects.[82] Another non-gene regulatory mechanism (mainly in skeletal muscle cells and prostate cancer cells) is that AR dimers bind to cytoplasmic proteins through a variety of signaling pathways that directly induce toxicity without gene transcription pathways.[82,83] The degree of AAS toxicity is related to a variety of factors such as dose, cycle, and individual differences. Through medical examinations, people taking AASs for a period of time or even a few years may not show any abnormal index results.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Wouldnt “15 mg/(kgday) of Deca-Durabolin” equate to 1695mg per day for a 250 lb man?

If not, what dosage would this equate to for a 250 lb man?

@blshaw @readalot

You both know a lot more about NPP than I and I have been doing my research. What is your take on the safety profile if you’re using a trt or trt+ protocol and add in or “blast” NPP periodically for short stints

If using 175 test/50mast … would there be benefits of adding in 200 NPP for 5 weeks twice a year to add on additional muscle while helping the joints feel better?

It’s kind of like asking if more steroids would give you more results - to which the answer is:
Yes, there would be benefits of doing this.

You just have to weigh the risks. For me - it’s worth it, but my goals are not attainable naturally.

Understood. There are a lot of guys on here warning of the dangers of NPP. And I am thankful for that. Otherwise I might have not discovered that information.

My question was more geared towards shorter, lighter “blasts” of NPP - if you can call it a blast - while on trt and if that would be detrimental to your health?

Well, yeah… you’re taking more steroids than a replacement dose. It’s gonna have a health tradeoff.

Not a big one, but it depends on your risk aversion level.

1 Like

Appreciate all of the info.

Have you taken NPP to the level that you felt it was effecting you detrimentally?

I have read it can damage the vascular system and has negative cognitive impacts in some users.

No. I ran it up to 450mg/wk without issue.
Deca at 600mg eventually caught up to me and I was getting crippling insecurities about things that had no basis in facts or logic.

My wife was home 10 minutes late, clearly she’s fucking someone else
Not quite that bad, but not too far off.

Deca ended up messing with my dopamine response for a bit. I had no drive to do anything, and you could look at my log - most people would consider me “driven”. I’m also ADHD so that certainly has a role to play with dopamine response.

1 Like

Do you take adderall or vyvanze? How have anabolics affected those meds and their effects

Not who you are asking, but I’ve found that blast levels of Testosterone makes the symptoms associated with ADHD (for me impulsivity, and difficulty focusing) worse. The meds still work, but your baseline symptoms are worse (so the meds have more work to do).

3 Likes

I take adderall and have not noticed any interactions with test, mast, deca, npp, var or dhb.

1 Like

I wonder why that is. Seems counterintuitive. Like the higher test would convert or contribute to more / higher dopamine

1 Like

I am guessing that it is a multivariable type thing. Androgens seem to be at least correlated to ADHD / Autism (people with these conditions are often exposed to higher levels of androgens in the womb).

There was just an article that showed up on the forum feed today that relates to this. It is a short article (2-3 minute read time).

From the article:

The part I highlighted on executive functioning is relevant here. ADHD is often described as a lack in executive functioning. High levels of androgens decrease executive functioning it seems, or make ADHD symptoms worse.

So you might get a higher baseline of dopamine, but you are also fighting the effects of androgens (which seems to be a bigger factor, since the results show a lowering of executive functioning overall).

1 Like