Reactive Pump Hypertrophy

Thinking I’m going to be doing Meadows Rows and the Bulgarian Drop Set of Death the rest of the month. Both as finishers.

So the BSSDSOD is lets start with 40 for example would be 40 for 8 then 8 second iso hold, 30 for 8 with 8 second iso hold, then 20 for 8 with 8 second hold, and finally 10 for 8 with the same hold. Then switch legs. Isn’t this the gist of it?

2 Likes

Yeah, I have done these and couldn’t make it through the first time - they are absolutely brutal.

3 Likes

And don’t rush to that second leg! I usually really start struggling on the second-to-last hold

3 Likes

wait, are you only supposed to use one dumbbell? i used a pair.

2 Likes

One dumbbell I believe. If you used 2, no wonder you couldn’t finish.

1 Like

One dumbbell! Holy crap how did you not fall over?

Well, I almost passed out - started seeing stars. It helps that I am big anyway but that was brutal.

3 Likes

I believe it. I get shaky toward the last couple drops, so I need that free hand to catch myself and wave around like crazy

3 Likes

48 hours, team; any more takers?

@ChongLordUno for every one of these workouts you sneak in, I’ll do 50 burpees

@simo74 @anna_5588 arm day is pretty awesome for the bicep curl club

2 Likes

As enticing as that is my man I don’t have the time for this style of working out right now.

Thanks for considering me however, appreciate it brother :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Don’t have adequate strength to do the workout (or a modified, machine free version) with the weights I have

1 Like

@ChongLordUno I hear you - you’re on a mean path right now; don’t deviate

@anna_5588 just the curls!

1 Like

What day ?

2 Likes

Arm day will be somewhere between Thursday and Saturday for me this week

2 Likes

Alright folks - I started today!
Hope some of you stay with me for this… it will be a good time to grow. From here I’ll keep this in my log.

5 Likes

I started this today as well. Think i need to run this as a trial for a week to get all the weights right as its my first time back in an actual gym for over a year after working from home.

My first log so enjoy and get watching, tagged in!

4 Likes

Warmed my heart, man! I’ll jump over to your log

1 Like

I just read “The Brutality of Mountain Dog Training” while I was on vacation and was going to write up a Mountain Dog routine for myself after I was ready to move on from DC training. I think this program will be a great way for me to really see the structure in action and save me the head ache of coming up with what to do myself haha! I’ll definitely do this next.

2 Likes

Love it! I think a lot of folks have actually enjoyed cycling back and forth between DC and Mountain dog stuff

3 Likes

What’s going on TfP you all good ?

1 Like