Reactive Pump Hypertrophy

In much the same was as @T3hPwnisher recommends Deep Water, I like to throw out The Meadows’ program on this site as an intro to his work (and bodybuilding training in general) when folks ask questions.

I enjoyed the couple times I was able to talk people into doing what I wanted, and even almost did 9 Alsruhe weeks myself when joining someone else - much better than my previous record of 9 minutes of one of his workouts.

Anyway, anyone want to join for a run of John’s program on here? I’ll likely start Monday. There will be equipment you don’t have or substitutions you have to make; don’t let that get in the way - I can certainly give suggestions. In much the same way Deep Water helps you find your limits and learn how to recover, or Wendler helps you prioritize, I promise this will help you learn what moves work for you. As a bonus, for those of us more “banged-up,” it helps us learn when and how we can push hard and have fun, without derailing any progress.

6 Likes

Did this one quite some time ago. Great program. I already have plans but I encourage people with physique aspirations to follow you with this

2 Likes

I like this idea too, but I just started running Meadows’ Avalanche program. I swear I feel bigger everyday when I do one of Meadow’s programs.
Following to see how it goes for you.

2 Likes

I need to follow you on that one too! It looks solid. The PPL days were just getting a little long for me right now because I really have to make sure priority one is consistent cardio.

Thank you both!

2 Likes

I ran this a while back too. It’s a tough one but a good intro into John’s thinking in programming. I just started a DC type program or else I’d jump in for sure. Definitely doing Meadows Rows until I see blood on next upper day just for good measure.

1 Like

I will think strongly about jumping in…I had it in mind to do a few meadows style workouts anyways, so why not a program eh? Haven’t had a particular direction for the last bit anyways. Can I replace Plazma with something else though? I don’t have the means to get it anytime soon here

3 Likes

The supplements aren’t needed for the workout to be effective.

4 Likes

Do it man! As we’ve seen from the transformation challenges, there’s strength in the accountability of joining someone.

What @cyclonengineer said. Plazma and Surge Workout Fuel are great, but nothing is a necessity. You just have to pay a bit more attention to your eating before/ after. Gatorade is on that spectrum of good, better, best too.

3 Likes

Gatorade/Powerade whatever sports drink you prefer + EAA or Water + Carbs of your liking (I use malto for I’m poor as dirt) + EAA

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys, I have a handful of supplements at home right now, including gatorade powder, just won’t be able to buy more for a while so what I have would hopefully be enough to carry me for a while. I think I’m convincing myself to do it…as closely as I can anyway

2 Likes

Do it! We’ll figure it out as we go

2 Likes

Yeah also you don’t need it. I did the program without anything. I almost never drank EAA or carbs intra lol and I didn’t vanish into oblivion

If you’re worried, just have an intelligent pre-workout meal like 30-60 mins beforehand

2 Likes

Tag me please! Gives me something to shoot for on a weird move

1 Like

Dammit, you beat me to it!

My pre-intra-post workout drink is basically the same: 1 scoop creatine/BCAA mix, 3 tablespoons lemon juice (lemons are high in electrolytes), 3 tablespoons simple carbs (honey, brown sugar, or my favourite; maple syrup), 1/2 teaspoon iodized salt, all mixed into 1L cold water.

I drink 1/3 of it 30 minutes before the workout, 1/3 during, and 1/3 after with a magnesium pill.

4 Likes

I definitely am going to try this one.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about this program, but I might be interested in something new that is aesthetic/hypertrophy oriented, but I stopped reading the article at point where it specifically sais it absolutely wont work without plazma.
I am in a small southeuropean country and dont have the access or budget for it.

So what is the final verdict on this?

2 Likes

I think we’ve all been pretty consistent in our thoughts on that.

Join us!

2 Likes

Remember the articles are edited afterwards. Remember that here, Biotest is important.

I’m guessing these workouts were designed to get the best out of Plazma but you don’t need it. It’s just the icing on the cake. You can have 98% of the results without it.

Just re-read through it. It really looks amazing and exciting. If only I had chains… I did it without but it would be even better with

2 Likes

I did a version of this but over 4 days (so did the chest, back and arm pump day together). Really liked it. I’ll join you on this when I’m back off holiday.

1 Like

Excellent! Tag me when that is so I start following!

1 Like