Reaching Limits at 51?

Wanted to say thanks to everyone here for giving me some suggestions to my workout.

I did the following

a) Changed my traditional lifting rep range now to 5 x 8 with the first set being warmup of 10 reps. I also removed one exercise of lifting for the chest and back days and added a what I can only call crossfit type routine. Leg day we keep the same and add a crossfit exercise.

b) The crossfit type stuff I have been adding is tire flipping, sled, prowler, one arm dumbell deadlift and row machine. I do these after my traditional lifts. I than do usually 20 minutes of cardio with 2, 5 minute intervals.

The issue right now is that by the time I reach the crossfit stuff I am a bit tired and than the crossfit stuff murders me and I can really not do that much. I am wondering if I should change up and instead have a crossfit day as opposed to mixing in with the traditional lifts day.

I was going to start looking into the zone diet but my worry is that with my travel I just can not see how I can really keep it going time wise. I also wonder about water, meaning I drink plenty and always feel bloated. Does water really help metabolism as much as they say and how much is really needed.

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

-gatorproud

1 Like