re: spotter racks

I have heard of using adjustable sawhorses in place of spotter. Has anybody used these for heavy weight? (above 500lbs) I’m aware of the spotter racks on ironmind, but i just purchased the squat rack w/ the dipping uprights and the bench from that site. Both are GREAT Products and they are as strong as they are described as.

Thanks for the input…any other suggestions for spotter racks would be appreciated. thanks

Joe

You wrote ?but i just purchased the squat rack w/ the dipping uprights and the bench from that site.? The spotter racks from ironmind are intended to de used with there bench and squat racks.

I am aware of that but I am asking to see if there is a less expensive method since the spotter racks are around $450 with shipping and handling. Does anybody have any suggestions? Ever use those sawhorses as spotter racks? Supposedly they hold one ton per pair and for $40 could you go wrong?

Joe

The spotter racks are nice, my friend has those with the vulcan racks, and they fit nicely together. They are very strong, stronger than power racks to me! we would do rack presses in them, and just ram the bar down, without a dent in one spotter rack.