RBC Count Increasing

Good point, he is not an expert. He says in the video that increasing RBC does not increase blood viscosity. Sorry, but first one has to get the facts correct. Similar issue on the estrogen video about young men and their estrogen levels.

EDIT: see the problem with this video (and ones like it) are that there are laypeople who will quickly assume the guy talking in the video is an expert and then use the information to rationalize running their Hct high. For example,

Other guys read this and then you have a large misinformation cluster on this forum and ones like it.

Offer still stands for anyone expert or not to debate the points in the thread. Still waiting for @yeti308 to give me lessons on blood viscosity (never heard back). So far I haven’t had many takers. I’ll stand by my opinion that saying “erythrocytosis is harmless” is reckless and does not properly consider the various subtle mechanisms at play in the cardiovascular system. Given the vast distribution of patients and varying cardiovascular health (providers understand this), this statement will most likely also cause harm since compromised patients won’t be able to tolerate higher blood viscosity/shear stress/nonlinear impact on NO, etc that a young guy can.

There is harm when misinformation is posted on forums. I feel like the little kid trying to plug the dike around here. Every day more of the same. I would just caution the reader to do your homework before running your Hct above range and potential impacts 1, 5, 10, 20 years down the road.

I give @dbossa credit for interviewing folks like Jim Brown and at least giving viewers some different perspectives.