Ray Williams, 1,000 lbs Raw Squat

Lets also admire how easily Ray walked that monster weight out

You cant say nobody is drug free. Half the people in this thread are I assume. Or at least me so that kills your theory already. I did see the lol

If anyoneā€™s interested thereā€™s Pro Raw Big Dogs here in Australia on 29 October.

Andrey Malanichev, Eric lilliebridge, Chad Wesley Smith, Shawn Doyle, Gawain Johnston and others go head to head. I think Petr Petras, Burley Hawk and Matt Ffryfogle are competing too.

@Mod_Phoenix may I post the link to the feed? Iā€™m not affiliated with Pro Raw, just thought people might be interested in watching.

1 Like

Another awesome snippet from USAPL Raw Nats. Dennis Cornelius came in second to Ray Williams in the 120+ class. However, he weighed in at 274 lbs and squatted 865. This breaks two all-time 275 records.

1. The incomparable Stan Efferdingā€™s 854 raw squat which has stood for 5 years.

2. The drug tested record of 850 set by legendary Greg ā€œBeetleā€ Lowe, a man imprisoned for life for murder who was allowed to lift outside the prison walls back when the USAPL was the ADFPA.

Amazing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a silly distinction. So if Lilliebridge gained 5 lbs he would have made your list?

Whatā€™s up with dudes going to Prison, then hitting World Record lifts?

Heā€™s not a SHW, why would I include him on list of greatest supers ever?

1 Like

Who else did that? I understand it though ā€¦ I think a lot of us are already pretty entrenched in the lifestyle and obsession to improve and get stronger. Think of how much that could be amplified after the realization that you have not much else to strive for and the rest of your life will be spent behind bars.

Heā€™s done meets at SHW, I donā€™t know why you would say that. And heā€™ll probably do more in the future.

I dunno, if thatā€™s a distinction youā€™re interested in making, so be it.

I didnā€™t know of him doing any meets at SHW. I think all the records and big totals he has put up were at 275 and 308. I may be wrong about that but thats why he was left out of my initial post. But youā€™re right, the distinction is merely semantic. Lilliebridge is younger and has been around longer so generally speaking I would put him ahead of Williams.

1 Like

Jim Williams( big benched)
James Henderson ( who I just found out about.)
The Bettle

Ah, you are right . Henderson and Williams were both massive men. And unlike Lowe, they were at least able to go home one day.

Iā€™m pretty sure he hasnā€™t done shw before, at least my trophies of me getting first place by default at the same meets he is at says he hasnā€™t lifted in shw (definitely not a brag, first out of 1 is not first haha).

He is one of the greatest squatters of all time, but not one of the best SHW squatters of all time.

If he gained one lb, competed, and put up his refular 1060, then yes, he would be.

Just like Zahir - 1100 in wraps, although very suspect on depth, he is not on this list because he also is not SHW.

The only thing that saddens me about Rays lift is all the hype he gets for it, yet not a single 1k+ wrapped lift gets the light of day. Eric squatted 1060, Ray squatted 1005. Ray makes ducking ESPN, Eric gets local bragging rights.j

1 Like

this is why itā€™s a stupid distinction.

Just watched. Damn thatā€™s strong.

Malanichev went 1,069/562/881 to total 2513. Un-fucking-real how strong he is.

2 Likes

The whole field was impressive. Iā€™m bummed Odell Manuel couldnā€™t make it though.

1 Like
1 Like

Paul Wrenn, Lee Moran, Dave Waddington, Kaz. Williams is definitely in the top ten