Ray Nagin in '08

Read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/nagin.transcript/index.html

This guy should be president. he’s definitely a T-Man.

Ha ha…yea sure…(eye roll).

hugo chavez for U.S. president !!!

Kwame Fitzpatrick for Prez yo.

How does a guy like that get a position of authority of this magnitude? If his speach pattern and mannerisms are any indication of his capability…

You don’t understand. This guy is normally a well spoken man. In this clip he is irate and desperate. His emotions are spent and he is expressing himself as best as he can. His city is crumbling in front of his eyes and he is feelling helpless. As for being president, not quite. As for the governor, she is a terrible speaker. That’s not a secret.

I’m assuming you’re joking, because the alternative is depressing.

Nagin is probaly the most worthless leader that could possibly have been in place during a disater such as this. It’s his city and he takes absolutely no responsibility for it.

Yeah - Nagin in 08. I hope Hillary is listening.

Marc Moriale wasn’t much better either.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
I’m assuming you’re joking, because the alternative is depressing.[/quote]

Well, the alternative is an assclown who doesn’t respond until three days later, smirks his way through a press conference where he tells jokes about getting drunk in NO, and avoids seeing any of the damage first-hand because he knows he’d be booed.

http://www.pixelmd.com/kanye.html

[quote]harris447 wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

Well, the alternative is an assclown who doesn’t respond until three days later, smirks his way through a press conference where he tells jokes about getting drunk in NO, and avoids seeing any of the damage first-hand because he knows he’d be booed.

[/quote]

Well, I hate to break this to you - but Bush cannot be the alternative. He can’t run in 2008. You knew that right?

Sure you did.

Thanks for the link Harris. Ok, Kanye was visibly upset and yes he went too far. Again what makes this tragedy seem racial in it’s rescue efforts is that the people of N.O. are black. I doubt that GW out right hates blacks, but he has taken an aloof stance. I’m not blaming him for the delays directly, because Blanco should have had troops and aid in strategic places before the storm hit. Nagin should have had the police ready for impact instead of trying to react to the aftermath. It was bad planning on all three peoples’ parts. And yes the look on Mike Meyers face was priceless.

Jesse Jackson wannabe. All these politicians spouting off, but how many organized truckloads of supplies; talk is cheap. A good place to donate is local churches in Baton Rouge.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
harris447 wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

Well, I hate to break this to you - but Bush cannot be the alternative. He can’t run in 2008. You knew that right?

Sure you did. [/quote]

Yeeeeeah. I’m the idiot here.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Yeeeeeah. I’m the idiot here. [/quote]

Yeah - I must be.

I thought you were referring to Bush. But once I finally got your link to work, it is a recording of that Kayne West idiot.

So not only am I an idiot, I’m confused as to what you were talking about.

Funny how everyone wants to blame the gov’t, but ultimately the responsibility fell on the Mayor and Govenor to prep BEFORE the hurricane hit. They were the ones to get the poor people buses to at least give them the option to leave, instead all they did was tell peaople “get out”? Tehy didn’t know a cat 5 hurricane was going to level the city? Come on, now they mayor is not taking any blame and is deflecting it by ranting and raving about the gov’t? Did you see Guliani do that shit in 9-11?

[quote]Mack wrote:
Funny how everyone wants to blame the gov’t, but ultimately the responsibility fell on the Mayor and Govenor to prep BEFORE the hurricane hit. They were the ones to get the poor people buses to at least give them the option to leave, instead all they did was tell peaople “get out”? Tehy didn’t know a cat 5 hurricane was going to level the city? Come on, now they mayor is not taking any blame and is deflecting it by ranting and raving about the gov’t? Did you see Guliani do that shit in 9-11?[/quote]

They offered busses out of the city for the people that couldn’t afford to leave. Many just refused. They had a chance, believe me, I-10 was bumper to bumper with cars and busses leaving out of NO.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Mack wrote:
Funny how everyone wants to blame the gov’t, but ultimately the responsibility fell on the Mayor and Govenor to prep BEFORE the hurricane hit. They were the ones to get the poor people buses to at least give them the option to leave, instead all they did was tell peaople “get out”? Tehy didn’t know a cat 5 hurricane was going to level the city? Come on, now they mayor is not taking any blame and is deflecting it by ranting and raving about the gov’t? Did you see Guliani do that shit in 9-11?

They offered busses out of the city for the people that couldn’t afford to leave. Many just refused. They had a chance, believe me, I-10 was bumper to bumper with cars and busses leaving out of NO.[/quote]

Being that you are from the area Im in no place to argue with you but as you can see from this link, Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines it looks like the mayor didnt do everything in his power to get those people out. There is lots of blame to go around and I think its pretty shitty that this guy acts like he is above it all.

[quote]LBRTRN wrote:
Being that you are from the area Im in no place to argue with you but as you can see from this link, Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines it looks like the mayor didnt do everything in his power to get those people out. There is lots of blame to go around and I think its pretty shitty that this guy acts like he is above it all.

[/quote]

That’s a pathetic site. I never said he did everything he could (obvious from the picture), just that there were ways out. This is the first time seeing footage of the school busses. The biggest mistake made was not thinking that the storm was going to be so catastrophic. I have been through many hurricanes, and this one is the worst. But there are so many that come and do little or nothing that people become complacent and don’t heed the warning. Last year there was a mojor exodus from NO and the storm didn’t come near. This was the mentality for many this time around I’m sure.

I dont know much about Nagin,but at least he had the BALL’s to get on the air and tell them to get off their asses and do something.then after the guard rolls in georgie and lott and the miss. gov. do their photo ops tour in miss…Then W says the job wasnt good enough then turns right around and tells the fema guy what a great job hes doing.These Guys are a Joke!