T Nation

Ray Liotta

I’ve always loved the actor Ray Liota’s work. It’s always been my opinion that he’s Hollywood’s most underrated actor. He’s up there with DeNiro and Nicholson, IMHO. He scared the sh** out of me watchin him in Unlawful Entry and Goodfellas.

Anyway, I’m happy to have seen his new TV show “Smith” last night.

Ugh. Sorry chinadoll, but it’s a show about a bunch of irredeemable thugs.

I will second that. He is right up there with guys like Sydney Poiter and such who are amazing character actors who never got their due.

He was badass in No Escape, and almost made you wanna cry as his role as Depps dad in Blow.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
I’ve always loved the actor Ray Liota’s work. It’s always been my opinion that he’s Hollywood’s most underrated actor. He’s up there with DeNiro and Nicholson, IMHO. He scared the sh** out of me watchin him in Unlawful Entry and Goodfellas.

Anyway, I’m happy to have seen his new TV show “Smith” last night. [/quote]

I saw the thread title and the summary and thought “brokeback material.” Then I realized it was CD that started it. No pink purse handouts here!

Sooooooooooo CD how was the show???

I now have to reevaluate the value of the star rating system.

Amazing underrated actor.
Narc is another great movie.

Time of Death…the ER episode he got the Emmy for, would only have had to be 30mins longer to get an Oscar!

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
I now have to reevaluate the value of the star rating system.[/quote]

Amen!

D

[quote]Z-Man wrote:
Amazing underrated actor.
Narc is another great movie.[/quote]

Truth.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Sooooooooooo CD how was the show???[/quote]

What I saw of it was good. I don’t watch much TV and was sleeping, and my guy woke me up to the few minutes before the Art Museum scene. So far so good. DAMN I LOVE RAY LIOTA!!! I hope he’s able to unleash his dramatic intensity in the show, that would be the sh**. The show kinda reminded me of the movie Heat.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
I’ve always loved the actor Ray Liota’s work. It’s always been my opinion that he’s Hollywood’s most underrated actor. He’s up there with DeNiro and Nicholson, IMHO. He scared the sh** out of me watchin him in Unlawful Entry and Goodfellas.

Anyway, I’m happy to have seen his new TV show “Smith” last night. [/quote]

He’s decent, but he’s never done anything that really blew me away, like Deniro in Cape Fear or Taxi Driver. Liotta is good, Deniro is a legend.

i like him alot. he was great in “copland”.

[quote]swivel wrote:
i like him alot. he was great in “copland”.[/quote]

Ray Liotta played Aaron Copland? Sounds a bit strange to me.
Anyhoo, I heard The Rock is gonna play Debussy in an upcoming flick so what do I know. Hope Cena (as Ravel) lays the samckdown on his impressionistic candy-ass. WHOLE-TONE STUNNA!

About Smith. I hated the synth pop tune at the end. Killed the mood for me. The rest was better than most heist TV shows I’ve seen in the last few years.

A&E biography pretty much said the reason Ray isn’t a bigger star is because he has always tried to avoid being typecast. But that also means he has to avoid being bankable.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be bad in anything.

has he had eyelined tattooed on? he’s been in a load of beer comercials and looks like he’s been to burt reynolds plastic surgeon

[quote]legend wrote:
has he had eyelined tattooed on? he’s been in a load of beer comercials and looks like he’s been to burt reynolds plastic surgeon

[/quote]

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
I hated the synth pop tune at the end. Killed the mood for me.[/quote]

Yeah, me too. I thought it sounded yuck.

Cancelled…

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/06/tv.firsttogo.ap/index.html

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Cancelled…

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/06/tv.firsttogo.ap/index.html[/quote]

GOD DAMN IT. I had a serious hard-on for this show.

First cancellation of the season… but I had the opportunity to meet Ray Liotta earlier this year.

He seemed nice enough, a little reluctant to chat at first, but warmed up quick enough. I love the way he talks…interesting “dialect.”

One of the nicer celebrities that I have met.

Tyrone