T Nation

RawUnity Meet Live - Saturday Jan 30

For anyone interested in checking out the RawUnity meet in Tampa this Saturday. It will be streamed live…here are some details from Eric Talmant, the organizer:

This year we are planning to stream the 2010Raw Unity Meet Live!
Here is the link:

Don’t have a computer?
you will be able to watch it on your i phone or android phone. Just download the free app!
http://www.ustream.tv/mobile/viewer

Want a live scoring update?
http://score.rawunitymeet.com/

We will plan to cover as much as possible provided we do not have any technical glitches.
Keep your fingers crossed folks…
Here is the planned schedule of events.

Schedule of Events:

Saturday, January 30th

9am-Bench Only Competition

10am- Bench Only Awards Ceremony

10:30am-Session 1; All Female Competitors

1:30pm-Female Awards Ceremony

2pm-Session 2; Menâ??s Lightweights

5pm-Menâ??s Lightweights Awards Ceremony

Sunday, January 31st

9am-Deadlift Only Competition

10am-Deadlift Only Awards Ceremony

10:30am-Session 3; Menâ??s Middleweights

1:30pm-Menâ??s Middleweights Awards Ceremony

2pm-Session 2; Menâ??s Heavyweights 5pm-Menâ??s Heavyweights Awards Ceremony

Nice! Cant wait to watch it.

Wow, I can’t wait to watch. This is awesome.

Of course, seeing it in person will be pretty great for FiveFootTwo. Going to see some real beasts for sure. And good luck, of course.

Watching it now!

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
Watching it now![/quote]

X2

Hopefully next year I’ll be strong enough to go.

The last female to lift on the DL was a monster on the weights. Can’t wait to see the big boys lift tomorrow. Will be tuning in again.

I wonder if Conyers had to take a shot after bench. I didn’t think he would hit his opener, let alone nail 282kg. Incredible lifter.

Ricks 655 squat @ 198 was insane.

coffee (Jeremy Hamilton) did an amazing job, way to go man!

[quote]mrodock wrote:
Ricks 655 squat @ 198 was insane.

coffee (Jeremy Hamilton) did an amazing job, way to go man![/quote]

1810 @ 210…what a mutant

lmao @ the people chatting rating Mike Tuscherer’s last squat rate of perceived exertion from 7 to 8.5. I am such a damn dork.

Why did they red-light his last dead? The only thing I saw that they could say was he did not lock-out, but it looked good from my armchair.

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Why did they red-light his last dead? The only thing I saw that they could say was he did not lock-out, but it looked good from my armchair.[/quote]

Haggett’s? Someone on the chat said he lifted his toes, didn’t know about that rule. They didn’t red light Hamilton’s deadlift, did they?

Very impressive lifting for the big boys. Some guy is already above 2Grand Raw.

Undesired08 the lift looked good to me also, but I have to agree with you about the arm chair deal; Looked good to me!

Can’t wait to see Mike Tuscherer break John Kuc’s deadlift record, only about 8 min. away. Once he smashes the record, does he get a 4th attempt?

Edit: he missed, damn!

Mike got it to the knee :frowning:
859 pounds that is

[quote]mrodock wrote:

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Why did they red-light his last dead? The only thing I saw that they could say was he did not lock-out, but it looked good from my armchair.[/quote]

Haggett’s? Someone on the chat said he lifted his toes, didn’t know about that rule. They didn’t red light Hamilton’s deadlift, did they?[/quote]

Yeah, they red-lighted his last pull. What a pull that was.

[quote]undesired08 wrote:

[quote]mrodock wrote:

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Why did they red-light his last dead? The only thing I saw that they could say was he did not lock-out, but it looked good from my armchair.[/quote]

Haggett’s? Someone on the chat said he lifted his toes, didn’t know about that rule. They didn’t red light Hamilton’s deadlift, did they?[/quote]

Yeah, they red-lighted his last pull. What a pull that was.[/quote]

Wow, I feel pretty dumb as I didn’t even notice it was turned down. Perhaps I was excited he pulled it so damn convincingly that I didn’t pay any attention to the decision.

[quote]mrodock wrote:

[quote]undesired08 wrote:

[quote]mrodock wrote:

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Why did they red-light his last dead? The only thing I saw that they could say was he did not lock-out, but it looked good from my armchair.[/quote]

Haggett’s? Someone on the chat said he lifted his toes, didn’t know about that rule. They didn’t red light Hamilton’s deadlift, did they?[/quote]

Yeah, they red-lighted his last pull. What a pull that was.[/quote]

Wow, I feel pretty dumb as I didn’t even notice it was turned down. Perhaps I was excited he pulled it so damn convincingly that I didn’t pay any attention to the decision.[/quote]

Everyone was really excited, then they stopped and the front judge said something. I checked the scorecard and it was red. But, there were a few calls, both pass and not-pass, that caught my eye. It’s easier to be there, than on a stream without all the chat jackassery, and know what commands were missed, depth not hit, etc.

All in all, it was pretty friggin cool. Makes one feel somewhat insignificant.

[quote]undesired08 wrote:

Everyone was really excited, then they stopped and the front judge said something. I checked the scorecard and it was red. But, there were a few calls, both pass and not-pass, that caught my eye. It’s easier to be there, than on a stream without all the chat jackassery, and know what commands were missed, depth not hit, etc.

All in all, it was pretty friggin cool. Makes one feel somewhat insignificant.[/quote]

Some of the best damn lifters around, was lucky enough to watch about 5 hours of it today. Haha, best we compare ourselves against ourselves rather than these people.

Yeah I’ll say it is tough to be a good internet judge over a stream with chatters.